Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

The PERFECT stage 1 Evo IX! Tuned by AL of Dynoflash

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
So what you're saying is that this car with your tune will make more power and be more consistent with 21psi vs 23/24psi ? .....................
Old Sep 14, 2007, 12:47 PM
.MM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
It is funny how many people think about the concept of tuning a daily driven car that a customer needs to rely on for basic tranportation

I prefer to keep boost levels at 21 - 21.5 on stock turbo pump gas cars in order to prvide a large margin of saftey for the occassional bad tank of gas and also to give lots of long term reliability

Remember - ANY jack *** can turn up a boost knob - there is no skill in that

If I choose to keep the bost level lower its certainly becuase running high boost did not occur to me

I retune cars from other shops every week that come in with agressive tunes on high boost and lean a/f's which then proceed to make more power on a bit less boot and a richer a/f

The trick when working with the stock ecu is to keep things balanced and the knock counts low. Running more boost and getting a lot of timing retard due to knock results in zero power gains with a lot of thermal and mechanical stress on the engine.

Al

Spoken from the man himself! thanks Al
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:17 AM

Al,

A little off topic and sorry if you've already covered this, but I thought you were doing much of your tuning at Jimmy's place? I was talking to another local shop owner and he mentioned that Junior now tunes at Jimmy's, but I had not heard that you moved to ICS.

I'm not one for gossip, just like the facts.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

I got a 91 octane mail-in flash from Al and couldnt be happier!12.01 at 116mph with a couple bolt ons.