Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Siliconeintakes.com review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I pretty much order all my couplers and clamps from these guys... usual shipping time is 2 days, I have ordered from them about 10 times now...
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i also use them for a lot of stuff. they usually have everything in stock which is great. its possible to find stuff cheaper but not always faster, and without problems.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
place it good as i have order several things from them as well. did not really like there tbolt clamps its why its in a box in my closet collecting dust but order was smooth and fast shipping
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor

what didn't you like about the t-bolt clamps?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
what didn't you like about the t-bolt clamps?
one putting the tbolt clamps and getting them tight on my injen intake plus aps bov was near impossible kept blowing the bov out. I had it fully clamped down. i swaped to regular new clamps problem solve. Yes i also did order and get another silcone hose and tried it with the clamps ALL from them i might add i replaced all my injen hoses with theres blue . Another was the throttle body tbolt clamp was more of the same complete crap kept blowing off. replace with regular clamps brand new no issues. the only place it seemed to work well on was on my intercooler connecting both hoses to pipe. I fiqured i paid that money for the tbolts and replace them all with regular ones why not change those back to brand new regular clamps the ONLY TBOLT clamp i have on my evo is on lower intercooler pipe connecting to the turbo pipe(whatever its called) i left that one as it never gave me issues.

all 4 clamps used to be tbolt clamps bov keep flying upward. this is a very old pic but you get the ideal. i made a thread about it awhile ago as well and i was told to switch it out with hoses might as well.

when tbolts were installed

after i swapped everything out for regular brand new clamps from autozone. I did now i remember leaving tbolts on midpipe as it was blowing as well under boost.

now i got all new hoses from silconeintakes.com and they are very fast shipping the new midsection hose i had custom made from shop in UK as they did not have one that big for my specs for it.

Man i keep pics of everything i swear so im always prepared LOL
Old Oct 26, 2009, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

well, i think the issue wasn't with the clamps, it was with the sizes you ordered. the TB clamp needs a 2.75" clamp, not the 3" clamp. and the BOV needs smaller then 1.5" clamps or else you'll bottom them out like you experienced. and the injen UICP has issues with the mid section coupler being to short. i always replace it with a longer peice of silicon coupler so you can get a clamp on properly last, the "kit" they sell is for stock pipes. some silicon coupers are really thin and the 2.5" clamps are to large to grab well. getting the correct sizes so they don't bottom out is key, but that can be said with any clamps. although most assuredly if you want to make big power, the worm clamps wont hold. you can't tighten them enough before they strip.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

ALL my clamps are brand new and i assure you i ordered the right sizes. i went and used injens guide and order the clamps i did not buy the kit i order them all inviduivally. so i know what i got was correct. just did not work for me therefore they are all in a box chillin. if you look at my pics you will see i bought anew midsection couler look at it thats the custom one i ordered from the UK. I had to cut it some or rather trim it but not bad

theres a pic of it of course i have one lol. Besides does not matter you will SEE this enginebay with your own eyes in january when you pull it all for my new motor . its all going to work if you use tbolt clamps more power to ya did not work for me but i kept the clamps in a box collecting dust

Last edited by RockmanX; Oct 26, 2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Like kevin said, you get the wrong side then you'll only have headaches, i have tbolts from them on my oem tb and i rock 30psi + ...If you get the wrong size then you wont get a perfect seal.

I'd like to also add to the list of great companies that ship stupid fast and are always on point:

Mil.Spec
201 Motorsports
MCMASTERcarr
JEGS
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

The whole point of getting t-bolts is to replace the inferior worm clamps. I have the kit for my stock plumbing, and everything fit. I'm on a very lightly modded set-up and I was losing stock charge plumbing with worm clamps. The only t-bolts I have ever had fail are ones I forgot to tighten
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just ordered some couplers n tbolts from them. 44bucks for like 4 things rather than 40 for one coupler.!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

there pricing is very good
Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:43 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have ordered from SI many times and will continue to do business with them. Great prices, great product, fast shipping.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockmanX
ALL my clamps are brand new and i assure you i ordered the right sizes. i went and used injens guide and order the clamps i did not buy the kit i order them all inviduivally. so i know what i got was correct. just did not work for me therefore they are all in a box chillin. if you look at my pics you will see i bought anew midsection couler look at it thats the custom one i ordered from the UK. I had to cut it some or rather trim it but not bad

theres a pic of it of course i have one lol. Besides does not matter you will SEE this enginebay with your own eyes in january when you pull it all for my new motor . its all going to work if you use tbolt clamps more power to ya did not work for me but i kept the clamps in a box collecting dust
What sizes did you order? I made the same mistake. I followed a document I found on this forum showing all the sizes of the clamps to buy but it turns out you have to buy one size smaller than the diagram. I should have known when the clamp tightened all the way down.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

are you using oem couplers and piping?
Old Oct 31, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

ahh nope you can tell in the pics im not. does not really matter a set of new clamps and all was solved with me. i have tbolt clamps that are junk and a waste of money but i dont care its whatever you live and learn.

Quick Reply: Siliconeintakes.com review