Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My English Racing Review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2008, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My English Racing Review

Here is my review for English Racing for a recent built 2.4l on my Evo. I will rate them from 1-5 as 5 being tops.

1. Communication: I contact them once a week on Friday for update while I was out of the country and I usually get a respond within 2 hours time with the most up to date informations of the current status on my car. So, for that I will give them a 4.0.

2. Time Line: I am not a big fan of waiting around for parts. So, I sent a advance payment so Lucas can start ordering parts and get the block ready for my car two weeks prior of my car's arrival. Unforturnately the wrong parts was delivered and that cost us two weeks (if I remember right) right off the bet. Then there was the Machine shop that made me so mad... took forever to get the block back to English Racing, 10 days I think (too long). Then it was the head and valves which could have been checked at initial disasemble, but Aaron did get me some new valves next day so that was a nice recovery. After all that and we were only 28 days late. Its not bad since we waited for a blown tire for 10 days at the end. So for time line, I will have to give them a 4.0.

3. Honesty: thats a 5.0... let me explain.
So, Aaron was tuning my car and accident happened he ran over road hazard during vehical break in. That same day Arron called me and told me what happened and offer to replace the tire which he did(the one that costed 10 days) and Lucas offered to replace my JDM bumper which was also damaged inside the wheel well, that is still pending because I do not want to change out a $700 bumper for a little damage thats hardly noticible. Lucas have continue to offer a new replacement but... I can't do it.

4. Customer Services: Lets talk about that. Communication, time line, and honesty aside. I have never have a shop that sent a employee to the train station to pick up a customer, granted camas to vancouver is only a 25 minutes drive. I got to Vancouver, looked out the train window, there he was, Arron standing in frotn of his car waiting for me. How about and Saturday Tech support, I feel bad everytime I do it to Arron but he answered everytime, got to love it. For these I give them a 5.0.

5. Lets talk about the car... Man the car pull so hard on the low end... it almost feels like there is no turbo... just power all the way though. took it the the track to mess around after my first oil changed. Without launching it too hard and short shifted below 6K on every gear, I ran a 13.2. It is everything that I wanted. The engine bay was put back the same way they took it apart, look factory. So, for professional level, I must give them 5.0.

6. Follow up: Most shop I have deal with in the past, the minute they cash you check, forget it, they won't even answer you phone calls. For English Racing, it is the pride of they work i think, tehy calle dand asked if the car is ok.
The car is having a little issue right now and Arron texted me this morning on a long weekend trying to troubleshot the problem. You rate that for a service.... how about a 6 on a 5 scale.

So, all and all, I have a really good experiance with English Racing and will continue doing business with them for as long as I own a car. Looking forward to put the car on Dyno and get to most out of her... Thank you for reading.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yup...they are the best. I am picking up my car here on thursday and Lucas and Aaron have been awesome to me. My review will go up as soon as i get the car back.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

English Racing FTW!