Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Beware Of Devo Tuning!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dennis F
Pot meet kettle

Clear as day, Devo did not respond to him.

Reading comprehension owns you
ROFL!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pot meet kettle

Wow, no response in the last week which infers conversations took place before this last week of silence, OMG what a joke!! Remind me never to open a import enthusiast shop to deal with whining like this!! End result is Devo did contact him back and all is well........cry me a river!!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

In this day of abundant forms of communications there really is no excuse for ignoring a customer. The OP was dealing with a full answering machine not a person.

Sounds like in the end Devo made it right. But if they would have been 'on the ball' the OP wouldn't have felt the need to protest in a public forum.

If I had an outstanding order and got a full answering machine my next call would have been the credit card company to stop payment and then I would have posted in public forums to try to protect others from getting ripped off. You cant knock the OP for trying to protect you. You should Thank him!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not saying it couldn't have been handled better, but to slam a vendor on a public forum because you weren't updated in the last 5-7 days is ridiculous!!

*I ordered a intake from a premier vendor they said it would take 2 weeks+ it took 43 days!! Did I whine on a forum?

*I ordered a turbo kit from a premier vendor it took 22 days?

*I ordered brakes from a premier vendor it took 34 days?

If I followed the OP's advice I would have started 3 threads saying "Beware of such and such!!".

I'm done it's a great drivetrain part!!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

i've dealt with devo in the past and they aren't the easiest people to get a hold of. they don't always answer their phones, but they have always gotten back to me, they aren't really ever on these forums either so that doesn't make a difference.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Listen people this thread was started to prevent others from dealing with the same crap I did. Its hard to drive over to a shop 1,500 miles away, and no a shop does not deserve credit unless its earned. I paid for the driveshaft on 7/23/08 and I still dont have it. I'm not one to keep calling a shop every day as I used to run a performance shop and know how hard it can be. However when dates are given they should be upheld. I was told the day I bought the driveshaft it would ship out on that friday the 25th. I waited almost 2 weeks before calling the first time and was told a story about a problem getting materials. Stuff like this arises but the customer should have been notified, and I wasn't. I was given another false date and it had come and passed. After a month went by I started getting upset due to unanswered phone calls and emails and with them removing the part from their website I started the ball rolling to get my money back. On the messages I was very clear that I called the credit card company and was in the process of getting my money back and wanted to resolve the issue and still wanted the driveshaft but did not get a call untill last Thur. around 2pm. He ( Devo) said that the shop was moving and they were at a rally event and there were problems with parts ect. ect. and that he would call me by the end of the day with my tracking number. Thur came and went as well as Friday and I never got that call. I called them on Sat. in the morning and left a message but never got a call back. So that is where we are at... I'm still hopeful that I get the part I ordered because I know its a very good piece. However this is not the proper way to conduct a business, with very poor contact with the customer and missing several different delivery dates. I've not bashed Devo to destroy their reputation, but I have told my dealings with them down to every detail to again let other evo owners know what I've been dealing with so they might not have too. This is a shop and parts review forum and thats what I have given, so please just take it as that a simple ongoing review of my current dealings with Devo Tuning.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Damn! What a mess, I was just about to place my order but now I know what I'm in for. It would be 1 thing if I was doing a stroker kit or longblock rebuild but for 1 item to take 6 weeks + is 1 thing. But all the lies and or flaky dates would kill me too!! The owner Adam or whoever runs the joint should have proper business etiquette and treat customers with a little more prestige. This is horrible practice and makes customers really upset when all they have to do is keep there customers informed once or twice a month with updates that are not all full of ****!!!!
Old Sep 1, 2008, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

Dzaaam This Thread Is Getting Hot
I Was Gonna Go To Devo For My Clutch But Now.............
Old Sep 1, 2008, 02:12 AM
Evolving Member

You guys are blowing this thing out of proportion. I went to Devo today and he was actually working putting the shop back together. I don't think you guys are being fair. Devo Tuning is currently only a 3 man shop. You can't compare it against the 30+ employees of AMS. He is pretty small in comparison. I know for a fact the 1st number on the website is now disconnected. and now the 2nd number only works. But believe it or not he is so busy trying to get everything back together that he stopped taking some business in hopes to buy him some time.

You won't find someone as friendly or as cheap for the quality of work as Devo Tuning. If you break your car that guy will take it in the same day and you'll be running within hours. Those that go there know it's more of a small family as he is cool enough to let you see and watch as he works on your car.

It's not very corporate but he gets the job done and he's extremely fair.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 02:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbodemon
Dzaaam This Thread Is Getting Hot
I Was Gonna Go To Devo For My Clutch But Now.............
honestly, they did my clutch in 3 hours for a very inexpensive price and its been perfect ever since. they are at a whole new shop and never have had many employee's. its hard to get **** done when you have 2 people to help you out with it all.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pot meet kettle

LOL
Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

I have ym driveshaft from Devo and lemme tell you it's worth the wait. Yes, it;s unfortunate you ordered it wit the move in progress, but rest assured Adam from Devo WILL make you happy in the end. I can speak from experience and know first hand how much that man helped me and my car in times of need. Who else can you come to the night before you need to leave for a track day to geta bosot controller and boost gauge from? Just so you can be tuned to run decently 5 hours away at a Redline Time Attack? 'Nuff said.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ImprezvSE
Listen people this thread was started to prevent others from dealing with the same crap I did. Its hard to drive over to a shop 1,500 miles away, and no a shop does not deserve credit unless its earned. I paid for the driveshaft on 7/23/08 and I still dont have it. I'm not one to keep calling a shop every day as I used to run a performance shop and know how hard it can be. However when dates are given they should be upheld. I was told the day I bought the driveshaft it would ship out on that friday the 25th. I waited almost 2 weeks before calling the first time and was told a story about a problem getting materials. Stuff like this arises but the customer should have been notified, and I wasn't. I was given another false date and it had come and passed. After a month went by I started getting upset due to unanswered phone calls and emails and with them removing the part from their website I started the ball rolling to get my money back. On the messages I was very clear that I called the credit card company and was in the process of getting my money back and wanted to resolve the issue and still wanted the driveshaft but did not get a call untill last Thur. around 2pm. He ( Devo) said that the shop was moving and they were at a rally event and there were problems with parts ect. ect. and that he would call me by the end of the day with my tracking number. Thur came and went as well as Friday and I never got that call. I called them on Sat. in the morning and left a message but never got a call back. So that is where we are at... I'm still hopeful that I get the part I ordered because I know its a very good piece. However this is not the proper way to conduct a business, with very poor contact with the customer and missing several different delivery dates. I've not bashed Devo to destroy their reputation, but I have told my dealings with them down to every detail to again let other evo owners know what I've been dealing with so they might not have too. This is a shop and parts review forum and thats what I have given, so please just take it as that a simple ongoing review of my current dealings with Devo Tuning.
I agree with the OP...Shops should only accept orders for the stock on hand. Its shady when they take money in and give customers the run around to not lose a sale for parts on back order. Guess what, you lose more sales than ever when this sort of stuff happens. Poor management is the downfall of many good shops.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 11:11 AM
Account Disabled

Did it not cross your mind that their could of been a waiting list for the Driveshaft since many people wanted it when it came out, just like the waiting list for the FP Red or Green when they came out, people had to wait months upon order to receive their turbo's. Also good point about the move, Devo has just moved locations and everything was put on hold. Your Driveshaft has been shipped out and you will receive it shortly. There is no point in starting a thread like this claiming that Devo is trying to skam you.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Adam is the man! I know Devo is very busy, people need to just calm down and handle things like adults.

Quick Reply: Beware Of Devo Tuning!!!