Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

At a loss for resolution... Admins/mods advice?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evodave Is A Flake

Long story short its another thread about EVOdave and his lack of communication / lack of resolution... and now some antics...

I was in the market for a mirror for one of my good friends cars, hers had a crack in it and i decided to get her one as a gift. EVO dave was offering up a pair of "OEM Tarmac Black mirrors" for something around 70ish or so, i honestly cant remember.

I inquired about one and he refused to separate. I understood so i let it be, then some time later i saw he still had them so i inquired again and offered to pay more than half his asking price for a single mirror ($50). He finally agreed and shipped it out.

Now whether this was intentional or not i will never know, but the mirror was not matching to an oem one. once i got the mirror i sent it to my friend since i wasnt able to get free from work to visit, at that time i wasnt aware it wasnt stock appearing. She has been into mitsu's and around EVO's for a long time. Her boyfriend even works for AMS, when she got the mirror she went to put it on and it was obvious that it was not an OEM mirror, she called and told me right away and I said I'd contact dave. She mentioned he does a lot of business with AMS and will probably do the right thing, we agreed that the mirror was possibly off a newer model evo.

I PM'd dave a few times (maybe a couple) and never got a reply. Finally as a last ditch effort i gave him bad feedback for not communicating. He immediately messaged me with 'sorry your message got lost in my inbox'

ok... sure whatever, then he asked how i wanted this resolved, i said i'd either like my money back or at this point... just buy the second mirror as well so she at least has a matching set... he asked for my phone number and then later called me, i was polite and he was as well, he then put me on hold, came back, said he'd call me right back and never called. this was all prior to shoot out so i gave him slack, we're all busy around that time...

Then he messaged me for my number again, which i gave him again, but he never called.

two days ago she had her car at AMS and some of the guys noticed the mirror sitting in her passenger seat still and asked 'whats that all about' she told them the story and they started laughing because they could tell its some cheap *** junk knock off mirror...

so great, we now know what the mirror is, mind you, the entire time dave claimed he didnt know what year evo it was off, said he was pretty sure its OEM.

I messaged him today and requested a refund and stated that i would never do business with him again (i intended to buy headlight/tail lights from him) he replied back stating that i have bad business ethics because i gave him bad feedback... (im not the one that owns a business, dont expect me to abide by those rules) I replied reminding him that i told him the bad feedback was a means to get his attention, i would gladly remove it once the issue was resolved (over 9 months after the transaction!!!)

he then retorts by giving me bad feedback....

What, the, hell????
My feedback towards him was because he would NOT COMMUNICATE with me, i have replied to him EVERY time hes sent me a message. Now im stuck with his bad feedback? He even deleted his original good feedback...

Sorry for the long post but i've seen other threads complaining about evo dave over the last few months and im seriously getting sick of his behavior.

Admins/mods, please advise me how to handle this, i know its not your duty to resolve seller disputes but i dont want to wind up on the wrong side of things...

Last edited by AlphaMale; Oct 18, 2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

80 views, no one has any input?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Sucks to hear that man. So is he giving you a refund?
Old Sep 10, 2008, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

customer service has to be handled properly, this just changed my mind about those tail lights.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Josh did you ever find out what year or what the mirrors are off of? Funny thing was, I was/am still looking for a driver's side RS mirror and was debating buying his set :laughs:.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

it's not a year change thing, they're just cheap knock off junk...

the problem being that the mirror mount piece on the OEM mirror is a flat black style

on the knock offs its a gloss black style, so it would be mis matched.

here's comparison:

Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by c_sautter
The knockoff ones look like the mirrors off of a lancer, circa 2002-2003 maybe. Not too sure though. Maybe I'm wrong.

If they were I would think they would still have the mitsu markings on them. I havent seen a mitsu mirror in the last 10+ years ive been around them that didnt have those type of markings on it.

Also note the base screws on the aftermartket in comparison with the OEM

I was going to just buy the matching mirror from him just so she'd have at least have a matching set but after this i'm leery of buying anything from him at all.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Josh did you ever find out what year or what the mirrors are off of? Funny thing was, I was/am still looking for a driver's side RS mirror and was debating buying his set :laughs:.
crap, I totally forgot that oyu wanted RS mirrors.. my bad. if you still want them PM me & I'll ship them out in the AM

sorry

n
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

^^ PM'ed .
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:04 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
dude listen......your nuts. and especially rediculous for even going through the trouble to make this post/thread. I offered you a refund of the $50 the second i get the mirror back.....no freakin problem. I NEVER had a clue it wasn't original .....TRUST ME i have better things to do with my time then deal with this, sell FAkE mirrors for $35 after i rushed to ship it to you and knew i would never sell the other one.

YOU got the mirror ,left me positive feedback meaning you saw it and (like me) thought it looked great/fine/oem . Then shipped it to the other person and a week or so later ou hit me up when i was out of town.....and yes my messages get lost when i am traveling and try to use my iphone for evom . THEN you leave me negative feedback on the same transaction...

I tried to get ahold of you and i am sorry i was so busy before the shootout and didn't get back with you. you know my number and could call me if you wanted instead of going through all this and the feedback and **** over $50....come on honestly .....especially when i offered to sell you the other one cheap .

BUT since you keep dic*ing me around i decided i didn't' want to help you by getting you the other mirror, i then stated to send it back and left you the feedback you deserve. Now you do this which reconfirms i left the right feedback and i was right with the style of business you do. Three days ago i sent you this......

Sep 8, 2008, 02:00 PM
evodave
Silver Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (434)

Drives: EVO 8 (2) , 350z, cherokee, ducati ss , acura cl , 240sx, custom kawasaki...

Re: mirror.... please read + reply.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

send back the mirror i will happily refund your money i was doing you a favor seperating them and selling you the one mirror and going through the trouble over $50 . additionally i realized your ethics and style of business when you opted to leave me positive feedback (as i should have gotten since i didnt know that it was aftermarket and i shipped it right away to you ....then you decided to get my attention by leaving me additional negative feedback that you told me you would remove and never did. i looked at the other mirror and i have never heard of aftermarket ones but whatever.

WHY didn't you just send it back get the refund , i would delete the feedback and you could too and everybody would go on their happy way????
Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

I intend to send it back...

I posted this thread because you shot me bad feedback after complaining that I didnt remove my bad feedback (even though you made little to no effort to resolve this issue until 2 days ago) I was hoping someone had advice on how to handle this since you're supposed to be an upstanding business man yet you have numerous threads against you and seem to act defensively consistently.

I do not have your contact number, my phone stores 10 incoming calls and is constantly ringing so in the 15 minutes you were supposed to have called me back I had already taken enough calls for you to be bumped out of my call list, I would have saved it had i expected you to blow me off... MY BAD....

You're right, you did offer a refund, followed by leaving me bad feedback right after that. I've been in contact with you constantly and only left you bad feedback because you 'lost' my messages and didnt contact me. I've never had the iphone lose any messages for me... I guess yours is tricky...
Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

ib4tl!! LOL.....
Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AlphaMale
I intend to send it back...

I posted this thread because you shot me bad feedback after complaining that I didnt remove my bad feedback (even though you made little to no effort to resolve this issue until 2 days ago) I was hoping someone had advice on how to handle this since you're supposed to be an upstanding business man yet you have numerous threads against you and seem to act defensively consistently.

I do not have your contact number, my phone stores 10 incoming calls and is constantly ringing so in the 15 minutes you were supposed to have called me back I had already taken enough calls for you to be bumped out of my call list, I would have saved it had i expected you to blow me off... MY BAD....

You're right, you did offer a refund, followed by leaving me bad feedback right after that. I've been in contact with you constantly and only left you bad feedback because you 'lost' my messages and didnt contact me. I've never had the iphone lose any messages for me... I guess yours is tricky...

i guess your iphone is tricky also since mine stores the last 50+ calls made or received... haha. either way just send it back and we can both remove feedback , you will get the $50 back and we can go on our way. i am not a bad guy or do bad business....the other couple people were in the same boat waiting on intake ducts and the one is shipped along with others and kouzmans is shipping asap...so they are fine also.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

These mirrors are off my evo... they were on the car when I bought it (I just didn't like black mirrors on the silver evo) I sold them to him a while back. Evodave is a pretty straight up guy, I think you're making way to big of a deal about this. He would always take care of me when I need something, I'm sure with right attitude you could get this resolved
Old Sep 11, 2008, 05:15 PM
Admin Alumni

I'm hoping you guys can resolve this yourselves. PM me to open the thread with any new/relevant info.
//////
SASD209

Quick Reply: At a loss for resolution... Admins/mods advice?