Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My awesome experience at TTP..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My awesome experience at TTP..

Where do i start..Ok on holloween i drove down from Georgia to drop my car off for a clutch install and meth kit install,and tune..When i arrived at the shop everyone was really cool..I met shane whom i had spoken to about the stuff i was going to have done..he was very down to earth,and has a really nice supra..Which is a different story all together..First thing i noticed was that they had alot of cars in different stages of upgrades..Which made me feel even better about the choice i had made to have them do the work..Scott got finished tuning a car i believe,and came into the shop to talk to me about what i wanted to do..After talking to him i realized i wasnt ready for the meth kit afterall..And he helped me choose other parts that would be better for my car at its current state..I figured as busy as they were,my car wouldnt be done for a week or so..Not the case at all..I talked to them on monday,and they said it would be ready for pickup the following day..I wasnt able to go get it until today..Man was i really happy with what i got..I had a fuel pump,and the injen intercooler pipes and intake installed and a dyno tuned..I already had a TBE,MBC,and a tune..when he strapped it down it made 324 hp,and 334tq.. After scott worked his magic with the new parts..It made 355hp and 344tq..Ill try and post the charts soon,if scott doesnt chime in and post it before i do..If you are in the area or dont mind driving..I highly recommend TTP..You wont be dissapointed..
Justin ahnen
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:36 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TTP never ceases to amaze me on their quick turn around times. With you driving from Georgia, you made quite a trip, but made a good decision. They take extra care with my car when it is there and have also advised me on different items that work well on my Evo. It really shows what type of shop they are when they just don't try to sell you random parts just to sell their product.

Fortunately, I live & work 8 miles from their shop. Some drive for me huh?
Whether it's parts, regular maintenance, upgrades, tuning or repairs, I know I can drop my car off and it's in good hands.

Another TTP tuned car running around on great power.

I was going through your posts and didn't see any pictures of your car - do you have a few to share?

Last edited by compscibOi; Nov 5, 2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SLOWRREX
Where do i start..Ok on holloween i drove down from Georgia to drop my car off for a clutch install and meth kit install,and tune..

When i arrived at the shop everyone was really cool..I met shane whom i had spoken to about the stuff i was going to have done..he was very down to earth,and has a really nice supra..Which is a different story all together..

First thing i noticed was that they had alot of cars in different stages of upgrades..Which made me feel even better about the choice i had made to have them do the work..Scott got finished tuning a car i believe,and came into the shop to talk to me about what i wanted to do..After talking to him i realized i wasnt ready for the meth kit afterall..And he helped me choose other parts that would be better for my car at its current state..

I figured as busy as they were,my car wouldnt be done for a week or so..Not the case at all..I talked to them on monday,and they said it would be ready for pickup the following day..

I wasnt able to go get it until today..Man was i really happy with what i got..I had a fuel pump,and the injen intercooler pipes and intake installed and a dyno tuned..I already had a TBE,MBC,and a tune..when he strapped it down it made 324 hp,and 334tq..

After scott worked his magic with the new parts..It made 355hp and 344tq..Ill try and post the charts soon,if scott doesnt chime in and post it before i do..If you are in the area or dont mind driving..I highly recommend TTP..You wont be dissapointed..
Justin ahnen
Thanks for the +++ review Justin!

The only thing I might add is that the car had an existing performance reflash on it prior to the TTP custom tuning so it came in with a more aggressive tune to start with.

Thanks again for your support and will see you on your next visit for Stage IV methanol injection with safeguards.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

ttp does some good work!
Old Nov 6, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

I do have a few pics..I'll try to figure out how to post pics,and to put my dynochart up as well..And Scott..you bet youll be seeing me for the meth really soon..I'll be back in Orlando this saturday..Anything going on??Justin
Old Nov 6, 2008, 04:00 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks Justin...it was a pleasure meeting you and doing business with you! Looking forward to provide you with future modifications because we all know they get addicting!

PS. Update your sig Justin
Old Nov 6, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Before i had even met Scott or anyone at TTP i heard alot of bad stuff about them from another local vender so i decided to go and see what TTP was like for myself and ever since i went there the first time i have had and EXCELLENT experience there.

i guess what im trying to say is that i know i will always keep going back to TTP (im going there monday to get a clutch installed on my X)
Old Nov 6, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

You will definitely like that meth setup!
Old Nov 6, 2008, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by switchblade906
Before i had even met Scott or anyone at TTP i heard alot of bad stuff about them from another local vender so i decided to go and see what TTP was like for myself and ever since i went there the first time i have had and EXCELLENT experience there.

i guess what im trying to say is that i know i will always keep going back to TTP (im going there monday to get a clutch installed on my X)
Negative marketing never works... The customer will always find out the truth in the end.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 08:21 PM
Account Disabled

That's funny you say that. I had the exact same experience. Eerie

Let us know when you are going to get the meth installed and tuned, I'll come meet you and join in watching the car on the dyno, maybe bring a few beers
Old Nov 6, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

I plan to drive down there one of these days to get tuned when I can come up with the extra time & money. I dealt with Scott on the phone a coupple times & was very pleased with his support & willingness to help.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 02:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by shunderwunder
I plan to drive down there one of these days to get tuned when I can come up with the extra time & money. I dealt with Scott on the phone a coupple times & was very pleased with his support & willingness to help.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:51 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks Switchblade!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

I love Scott he looks good holding a crank in a sleevless cutoff shirt also