Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Houston We have IGNITION!!! ( SPARKTECH PRO CDI) FTW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just sick
Old Mar 2, 2009, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did u retune ur car after installing ?
can we use this sparktech cdi system without a retune as ill be installing it tonite ?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I did not retune my car, but I think that it would be wise to do so, because you now have a hotter spark, which is thoroughly burning the mixture. Just my thoughts on it.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

ok ,but did feel some more power by just instaling the spark tech ?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
As someone whose depth of electrical knowledge consists of knowing that when you hit the light switch, a bulb turns on I had a question...

What would ceramic boots add like the OP mentioned (if that's even a possibility) compared to the rubber boots? THanks.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

haseeb--- my buttocks are not a very empirical method of determing torque ( which is what you would "feel" which would then translate to horsepower ) however, the car did "feel" faster , it seemed more responsive, and on some occasions dare I say it " the boost came on faster" ONCE AGAIN.... MY *** IS NOT AN EMPIRICAL WAY OF MEASURING ANYTHING" ... take my thoughts as simply just that, ..

Erik... the reason that I asked about the ceramic boots, is simply for the fact of arc jump...( The way I see it, a rigid structure has the ability to make "things" in our case ARC SPARK..to travel in a straight line.and not have the potential of puncturing the boot. With something like a rubber boot ( it is flexible which could have the potential for the arc spark to go through the boot, just like when you have a spark plug wire that has a small cut in it. But then again , with a rigid boot, you have the potential of the ceramic, breaking because of the heat cycles that are present in the sparkplug well.

I have spoken to craig about this and HE SEES NO issue what so ever with the rubber plug boots.

I daily drive my car , whether it is raining, snowing or hailing, so I feel that I will be putting this ignition set up through more abuse than a 1100 whp drag car, that lives for no more than a minute during its infrequent outings.

Just with the intial behaviour of the system, I can see NO reason, why this system could fail ( hell the car started in -3 degree weather this morning)

Last edited by antilag_200; Mar 2, 2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

^We haven't had ANY issues with the rubber boots. They are replaceable and available in our STORE

The use of Rubber boots help absorb vibration and ceramic won't. There has to be some give between the cop system or plug damage will occur.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

^there you have it Erik

thanks craig, I was trying to answer him for you.
P.S craig, when would you suggest changing the boots, every 20k , every 50k, every oil change ?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks Warren...didn't see your response before my last post.

We are open to suggestions from ANYONE and although we feel we have a very well designed system. I would like to hear from anyone that has suggestions or questions why we do what we do
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

just recieved my cdi system ...all ill say is that the quality is top notch ...true cop system ..
spark tech is highly recomended...
but i didnt recieved the cdi mounting bracket or we have to buy it sepratly ?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by haseeb
just recieved my cdi system ...all ill say is that the quality is top notch ...true cop system ..
spark tech is highly recomended...
but i didnt recieved the cdi mounting bracket or we have to buy it sepratly ?
It is sold separately and it is $45 .. Very well designed piece and well worth it!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

craig,

when would you recommend changing the plug boots ( a preventative maintenance schedule)
Old Mar 3, 2009, 04:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by antilag_200
craig,

when would you recommend changing the plug boots ( a preventative maintenance schedule)
They are pretty durable and may only need to be changed once a year. Or if a misfire is felt you could have a worn out spring not making adequate contact with the top of the plug. Since that's the cheapest fix i'd suggest that first before assuming something is wrong with the entire system.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by antilag_200
The sparktech mounting plate would go underneath the master cylinder, but due to my custom IC pipe it would not fit, I choose to place it on my controller holder that you see in the right hand portion of the picture below

Warren,

So, you didn't use the Under the Master Cylinder mount plate?

Is it collecting dust now? If so, I can keep it from collecting dust anymore by sending you a paypal...
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

^ you can buy it if you like
I have pmd u

Quick Reply: Houston We have IGNITION!!! ( SPARKTECH PRO CDI) FTW