Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ACT XTSS and Streetlite Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ACT XTSS and Streetlite Flywheel

Well after 5 months of having these pieces sitting around, it's finally in my car. I bought it from a vendor on EvoM that goes by ImportDPS. He got me a great deal on it. I actually bought two sets from him, one for the Evo and one for my AE86.

First off, the pedal is much more prominent. HAHA. I would say it's close to being twice is stiff as the OEM pressure plate. Engagement feels good and I can already tell it grabs harder just from regular driving. I've only got about 100 miles of city driving right now. So I'll update again once I've broken it in and take the RPM's up some more.

Not much difference with the Streetlite flywheel. IIRC the stock flywheel weighs about 13.1 lbs and the Streetlite weighs right about there or no more than 1 lbs lighter. The reason I bought the flywheel is because I didn't have the time to wait for the OEM flywheel to be resurfaced.

I do notice it feels a little different when starting up the car. It makes a different sound. Although it's starting to sound and feel like stock the more I start it up. It's kind of hard to explain. I'm wondering if anyone else noticed anything different when starting up the car. It's not a bad sound or feeling but it's different than before.

Lastly, there is almost no chatter when idling without the clutch pressed in. I was getting some chatter beforehand that would go away with the clutch pressed in with the OEM stuff. I've noticed that the car shifts smoother now. It may be because of the setup or might be because I drained out the tranny and LSD's and put fresh Diaqueen in.

Alright well it's time to put some more city miles on so I'm out. I'll be back to update this in a few days.

Also, the clutch feels great in the AE86 too.

Last edited by Drill_Sergeant; Jun 4, 2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: grammatical errors...FTW
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drill_Sergeant
Well after 5 months of having these pieces sitting around, it's finally in my car. I bought it from a vendor on EvoM that goes by ImportDPS. He got me a great deal on it. I actually bought two sets from him, one for the Evo and one for my AE86.

First off, the pedal is much more prominent. HAHA. I would say it's close to being twice is stiff as the OEM pressure plate. Engagement feels good and I can already tell it grabs harder just from regular driving. I've only got about 100 miles of city driving right now. So I'll update again once I've broken it in and take the RPM's up some more.

Not much difference with the Streetlite flywheel. IIRC the stock flywheel weighs about 13.1 lbs and the Streetlite weighs right about there or no more than 1 lbs lighter. The reason I bought the flywheel is because I didn't have the time to wait for the OEM flywheel to be resurfaced.

I do notice it feels a little different when starting up the car. It makes a different sound. Although it's starting to sound and feel like stock the more I start it up. It's kind of hard to explain. I'm wondering if anyone else noticed anything different when starting up the car. It's not a bad sound or feeling but it's different than before.

Lastly, there is almost no chatter when idling without the clutch pressed in. I was getting some chatter beforehand that would go away with the clutch pressed in with the OEM stuff. I've noticed that the car shifts smoother now. It may be because of the setup or might be because I drained out the tranny and LSD's and put fresh Diaqueen in.

Alright well it's time to put some more city miles on so I'm out. I'll be back to update this in a few days.

Also, the clutch feels great in the AE86 too.

Glad I could be of assistance!!!

Rick
Import DPS
www.importdpsonline.com
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have the same clutch but the prolite flywheel. great clutch for everyday driving!