Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

FP Black issue........Sending off for warranty tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy FP Black issue........Sending off for warranty tomorrow

Update:

It was NOT the turbo at fault. It was 100% my fault and I apologize for making a post as I caught a SEVERE case of the dumbass. I called FP and talked to Brian. We start going over all the possibilites of what it could be other than the turbo. After Brian brought up the catch can being vented I wanted to smash my face off a wall. I forgot to drill and tap the catch can after I ran both lines off the valve cover to the catch can. I was the problem and I'm the idiot to blame.......hands down. I've been beating myself up over it as it was a rookie mistake.

I apologize to FP for making this post and thank them for the great customer service I received from Brian. They still even offered to check the turbo free of charge if I thought something might still be wrong with it.

Last edited by freshevo8; Apr 20, 2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks hopefully be a quick turnaround on Fp's part. Goodluck.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Thats weird, are you sure something didnt get damaged during the tranny removal/ re install?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostWhore
Thats weird, are you sure something didnt get damaged during the tranny removal/ re install?
Let's all sing along...

The tranny bone is connected to the turbo bone, the turbo bone is connected to the wheel bone, the wheel bone is connected to the door bone...

SORRY, I couldn't help myself
Old Apr 18, 2010, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 240Z TwinTurbo
Let's all sing along...

The tranny bone is connected to the turbo bone, the turbo bone is connected to the wheel bone, the wheel bone is connected to the door bone...

SORRY, I couldn't help myself
lol thats funny right there!!!
Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostWhore
I'm 100% positive. Nothing was touched over there. Thats the odd thing about it all..........
Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

all the oil wouldnt just appear like that. with it being caked on there, its been going on for a little bit. just a coincidence it happened after it sat for a couple days...
Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow that sucks. Keep us updated as to what happened
Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Best of luck! Make sure you keep us posted on the result. You should have answer by Thur/Friday depending on when they get it this week.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

I'll keep this thread updated on the status of it all. I'm just a little pissed because I wanted to run it at rockingham at street wars today and this happened. I've swapped 3 different turbos in this car and never had this happen. Btw, I'll post pics here later on. Just a bunch of oil on the hotside and compressor wheel. Oh well, the great world of modding I guess........
Old Apr 18, 2010, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MitsuJoe
Best of luck! Make sure you keep us posted on the result. You should have answer by Thur/Friday depending on when they get it this week.
Let Wayne know to check his PM's. I have a great contact in there for stuff he's looking for
Old Apr 18, 2010, 05:53 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by freshevo8
I'll keep this thread updated on the status of it all. I'm just a little pissed because I wanted to run it at rockingham at street wars today and this happened. I've swapped 3 different turbos in this car and never had this happen. Btw, I'll post pics here later on. Just a bunch of oil on the hotside and compressor wheel. Oh well, the great world of modding I guess........
Wow i already went threw a red turbo within 500 miles and robert take care of it for me at no charge and i had it back within 8 days total with me shipping it and then sending it back to me forced performance has great customer service and brian rebuilt for me in 3 hours so your not gonna have problems with them..I hope my black doesn't go bad cause if it does i not buying any stock framed turbo's anymore..
Old Apr 18, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure they'll take care of it quick. If I were to guess, its prolly the seal behind the turbine side but I'm not pulling the hotside off the v-band clamp as I don't want to void any warranty. Goin in a plastic bag tomorrow and shipping it 2 day to get it fixed asap. Goin to GA at the beginning of May and still need to get the car dialed in at the track here before I go down there...
Old Apr 18, 2010, 06:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by freshevo8
I'm sure they'll take care of it quick. If I were to guess, its prolly the seal behind the turbine side but I'm not pulling the hotside off the v-band clamp as I don't want to void any warranty. Goin in a plastic bag tomorrow and shipping it 2 day to get it fixed asap. Goin to GA at the beginning of May and still need to get the car dialed in at the track here before I go down there...

I hope this black lasts me longer cause if it goes again a 6262 setup is going in head first..I regret buying this turbo i could have pieced out a 6262 for 2,300 complete with everything..

Last edited by 1slowassevo; Apr 18, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:02 PM
Account Disabled

Update?!

Quick Reply: FP Black issue........Sending off for warranty tomorrow