Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Hta green

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yes the market is competive and thats a good thing. I like it that we all can have different setups but my FAVORITE THING IS CUSTOM MADE PARTS for sure. I LOVE THEM and have made/ordered several nice peaces. Its good to go to shows and shut it down because your different. Not pimp my ride different either LOL
Old May 23, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, no one likes my dyno graph lol who cares. Dont buy this turbo then, i have kelford 272's and a big *** exhaust manifold lowering my TQ a lil bit, im never under 5k rpms on a roadcourse or autox so i dont see why some of u have your panties in a bunch. This tune is at 22psi also btw
Old May 23, 2010, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Its not that your numbers are low. I really hate when people compare dyno numbers as every dyno is different so it really doesnt make any sense. I just dont understand the comments saying that the HTA green will walk on a BBK equipped car. I am sure it makes good power and spools quickly however so does a BBK. I think the two turbos are comparable enough that it will really come down to the supporting mods.
Old May 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

According to my tuner, out of 2 turbos bbk and hta, bbk still has better response. Torque is a good thing, especially in between gears.
Old May 23, 2010, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Either way both turbos are full of win , I'm still debating which one of these turbos I should go for my pump gas only setup.
Old May 23, 2010, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kanyonkid
hmm, no one likes my dyno graph lol who cares. Dont buy this turbo then, i have kelford 272's and a big *** exhaust manifold lowering my TQ a lil bit, im never under 5k rpms on a roadcourse or autox so i dont see why some of u have your panties in a bunch. This tune is at 22psi also btw
You are always gonna get flack from "those people". They don't know any better about how aggressive your tune/setup should be for road racing.
Old May 23, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To the OP. If you like the tune and the car then keep it, your short block will last a long time and you will have fun. All my statement was made to say was to the BBK people who will look at this thinking these are good numbers put down by this turbo. They are respectable, but as I stated before, you have much more to play with. I was putting down over 450hp/415tq on a stock motor on a Mustang dyno on my stock 2.0 motor. No issues or anything. It finally died because the oil pump gave up the ghost. Now on a 2.1 I am putting down 500/500 with this setup on a Dyno Dynamics. Bench racing is just comparative though, the real proof is on the track.

Someone needs to do a built 2.0 same car same everything and just do a turbo swap. Compare the two so we can put this dead horse in the ground and not keep beating it into a frenzy. I am not sure why a shop hasn't done this yet but I would expect it in the future.

As stated, I am not poking fun or judging your tune, just saying that if you would choose to, you have a lot more to give. If your plans are to keep the stock motor, than keep the tune and have some fun.

Cheers
Old May 23, 2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
Once i get a 10.9 and destroy this 335i that thinks his car is gods gift my career as a dragger is over i just want a 10sec car. The road course is where the real fun is
335i, I hope its built. There are a couple around here and to be honest, they just like to look at the wing...
Old May 23, 2010, 03:10 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The road course is where the real fun is
How much road course or even auto-x experience do you have?
Old May 23, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
0 thats why before i even get out there im building my car. once done ill go out and start up. you have to start someplace so ill start small and work my way up.
Old May 23, 2010, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The road course is where the real fun is
Originally Posted by FJF
0 thats why before i even get out there im building my car. once done ill go out and start up. you have to start someplace so ill start small and work my way up.
What a crack up.

Last edited by SyZyGy1394; May 23, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old May 23, 2010, 03:57 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Very best of luck. If you haven't done so already, signing-up for a high-performance driving school can be very helpful.
Old May 23, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FooM Anchoo
335i, I hope its built. There are a couple around here and to be honest, they just like to look at the wing...
im sorry its a 135i Coupe
Old May 23, 2010, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by buchnerj
To the OP. If you like the tune and the car then keep it, your short block will last a long time and you will have fun. All my statement was made to say was to the BBK people who will look at this thinking these are good numbers put down by this turbo. They are respectable, but as I stated before, you have much more to play with. I was putting down over 450hp/415tq on a stock motor on a Mustang dyno on my stock 2.0 motor. No issues or anything. It finally died because the oil pump gave up the ghost. Now on a 2.1 I am putting down 500/500 with this setup on a Dyno Dynamics. Bench racing is just comparative though, the real proof is on the track.

Someone needs to do a built 2.0 same car same everything and just do a turbo swap. Compare the two so we can put this dead horse in the ground and not keep beating it into a frenzy. I am not sure why a shop hasn't done this yet but I would expect it in the future.

As stated, I am not poking fun or judging your tune, just saying that if you would choose to, you have a lot more to give. If your plans are to keep the stock motor, than keep the tune and have some fun.

Cheers
Wat u seem to not understand about my tune is, i bet your 450whp/415tq tune was great for the 1/4 mile. But wat if u had to slam your brakes and do ANOTHER 1/4 mile instantly, and then again and again and again. Thats the differance between a roadcourse tune and a pissed off tune... But to pull 400whp out of such a conservative tune at only 22psi is pretty darn good in my book!

Hey rockmanx, u better be at the event july 18th at NPR!!!!! So u can see this thing in action
Old May 23, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
Wat u seem to not understand about my tune is, i bet your 450whp/415tq tune was great for the 1/4 mile. But wat if u had to slam your brakes and do ANOTHER 1/4 mile instantly, and then again and again and again. Thats the differance between a roadcourse tune and a pissed off tune... But to pull 400whp out of such a conservative tune at only 22psi is pretty darn good in my book!

Hey rockmanx, u better be at the event july 18th at NPR!!!!! So u can see this thing in action
ahh dont know if i can pm me details hommie about it

Quick Reply: Hta green