Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Avid mounts anyone? - Slowboy racing FAILS again.. :|

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Avid mounts anyone? - Slowboy racing FAILS again.. :|

I have an Avid mount kit for my evo that was purchased from slowboy racing. Long story short they didn't send me all the parts! what a waste of 400$

I am looking to see if anyone has the passenger side mount or can also machine me the small peice zip tied to the transmission mount. and/or have the bolts to put it on.

I have been dealing with marty about this issue and it has sunk to the bottom of the ocean!(4-5 pm's and 5 phone calls)
__________________________________________________ ____________

I posted in another thread about them with this response, then the next day I get a PM from marti.

"I will never buy from slowboy racing again because they sent me a incomplete avid mount kit. Talked to marti many times to get a passenger mount and tranny adapter and bolts but he just blows me off. Hes says, let me call you right back. NEVER heard from him again, and stoped replying to my emails. "

May 4, 2010, 06:37 AM
What's your name? I'll gladly see about following up with Avid even more. We had a few orders that came from them with the same exact issue and they haven't helped much. That's why we stopped carrying their products all together. I would be more than happy to see what else I can do to help in the matter.

Marti

Joe says he as this resolved and shipping me the parts.

Last edited by k20toEVO; Jun 9, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old May 27, 2010, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have made one order from them, it was avid racing motor mounts for my DSM. I spend 4 weeks e-mailing, calling, smoke signals, carrier pigeon, everything to just get a tracking #. They kept saying they would get me the tracking #, no follow through, after enough time they just came. LAST time I ever get anything from them. MAP/STM FTW! Sorry you have/had to deal with these *** clowns. Good guys, worst CS ever!
Old May 27, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

there is two sides to every story. in for SBR response
Old May 27, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

You could just google SBR and see all the horror stories.
Old May 27, 2010, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

hell id send back the whole avid kit to them for their "new" Torque solutions kit that looks exactly the same.. lol!
Old May 27, 2010, 03:36 PM

There many stories that are all on the same side.
Old May 27, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah same thing happened to me unfortunately, I never got the parts I needed from Slowboy. My case was more like 75 emails and 10 phone calls So I feel your pain. Other than this one time, they have been good to me.

I just ended up calling AVID in the end. They were great! You should call them.

-Bink
Old May 27, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmm i ordered my parts for my 2.4 build and marti was beyond helpiful i got my parts for my build and on top of that he even told me which ibeam rods he knew my motor was using. I also ordered a serpintine belt he found out he did not have it in stock called me up and told me. i cancelled just that part and he sent the rest. He then promptly refunded me that portion next day. I paid with paypal the day i ordererd the parts. he was on it next day. shipped next day. He help me i suppose they are like Seibon Hit or miss

Last edited by RockmanX; May 27, 2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old May 27, 2010, 03:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You try just calling Avid and see if they will send you it. I am sure they will.
Old May 27, 2010, 05:31 PM
Account Disabled

AVID has not returned emails or calls in 4-6 weeks - if you want to call or email me personally I will help you.

I have had many other vendors email me asking if we had AVID in stock becuase they could not get responses either.

Fact is - we were supposed to stop selling AVID about 8 weeks ago per the boss (The wife!).

So please - call, email me tomorrow. I will not be in the office much tomorrow, but I will try to help. Please include your full name and invoice # if you have it handy.

PS - we never open AVID boxes - if a part was missing, please call them we do not have ANY AVID parts in stock anymore to my knowledge with no desire to anymore.

mh@slowboyracing.com

Mike Huml
Slowboy -
Old May 27, 2010, 05:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by IGetItPoppin
You could just google SBR and see all the horror stories.
People who are upset complain - it's a true statement.

People who are happy - don't tell everyone about how happy they are.

WHY? Happy stories are fricken boring.

People however love dirty laundry.

Watch the news - reporting happy stories or doom and gloom?

Just a thought.

Mike Huml
Slowboy -
Old May 27, 2010, 05:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by k20toEVO
hell id send back the whole avid kit to them for their "new" Torque solutions kit that looks exactly the same.. lol!
TS has MUCH better service as well...
Old May 27, 2010, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Same thing happened to me with SBR and the AVID mounts. Mike's wife (the boss!) fought with AVID for 3 weeks until they finally got the order straight.

I had to keep on SBR throughout the process, but ultimately AVID doesn't know their **** from their elbow
Old May 27, 2010, 05:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by goforwand
Same thing happened to me with SBR and the AVID mounts. Mike's wife (the boss!) fought with AVID for 3 weeks until they finally got the order straight.

I had to keep on SBR throughout the process, but ultimately AVID doesn't know their **** from their elbow
AVID sucks.

And I never say anything bad about anyone!

Mike
Old May 27, 2010, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=k20toEVO;8348950]I have an Avid mount kit for my evo that was purchased from slowboy racing. Long story short they didn't send me all the parts! what a waste of 400$

I am looking to see if anyone has or can machine me the small peice zip tied to the transmission mount. and/or have the bolts to put it on.

I have been dealing with marty about this issue and it has sunk to the bottom of the ocean!(4-5 pm's and 5 phone calls)
__________________________________________________ ____________

This may be an issue with Avid and not with SBR. The same thing happened to me, and I ordered from Lancer Shop. My issue is the drivers side motor mount is incorrect, is that what you are referring to? Avid makes the right ones for the EVO, I know bc I got my first set through SBR and it was right on.

Quick Reply: Avid mounts anyone? - Slowboy racing FAILS again.. :|