Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review: Spoolin' Up COP Kit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: Spoolin' Up COP Kit

Recently I had added the Spoolin Up COP ignition kit to my mod list and all I have to say is WOW...

My car had some minor bugs with it before I got this mod such as a rough start up and idle, and some slight hesitation spots in my rpm range as i was WOT. Understanding the car with is 2 coils to 4 plug design and e-85's behavior i wanted to see if the Spoolin Up COP kit would help.

First, these kits are EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE. Spoolin' Up offers both a New and Used coil system which makes this kit an affordable mod! I ordered the kit an within 3 days it was at my door step :hbang2: Taking this thing out of the box it was AMAZING! The craftsman ship on the product was second to none. A high quality carbon fiber plate held 4 brand new coils that were perfectly installed with all wires neatly assembled and heat wrapped. The kit looked amazing! Installation was simple as anything as all hardware was included. The kit is a complete plug in right out the box, took maybe all of 5 minutes to put in. With out even touching the tune the car was started right up.

The start was instantly smoother! It was like night and day difference. My idle, rock solid at 1000rpms and my AFR's steady. The car idles better, started up better and was just so smooth feeling. Next i had my tuner jump in the car and pull a datalog on it as i tested out the new product. On the first pull i noticed a NIGHT AND DAY difference. The car pulled so smooth through the RPMS and the response of vehicle felt so much smoother when going from off throttle to on throttle. It felt like power was there quicker and definitely smoother.

I drove the car on the street for a week and noticed an increase in gas milage. Prior to the kit i was averaging about 50 miles to a 1/4 tank (E-85). After the kit was installed i was getting about 60-65 miles to a 1/4 tank.

Next was race day. I had an Autocross race on the Englishtown Road Course and all i have to say is wow. You can really feel the difference! The acceleration was smoother, throttle response from off to on felt quicker and sharper. The kit well exceeded my expectations.

Over all I feel this kit is a MUST HAVE for any evo owner out there. The kit is affordable, and all around just makes the car feel smoother. I highly recommend this product :afro:

The kits can be found here : www.spoolinup.com
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Nice to hear, there was another thread already that did a review on spoolinup. I am going to be ordering mine soon.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Great review shh!! Nice to hear of the improvements. Ordered mine Friday, cant wait! Hope I get the same results. Glad install is easy!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just ordered mine, i cant wait to get it installed
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have one of the very first kits he realeased and it still works great.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

I was there when this piece arrived at Joes place and I gotta say I am impressed! Looks great also!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need 1
Old Oct 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Got installed yesterday. Couldnt have said it better myself, than what shh!! said. Miracle of miracles, it got rid of the breaking- up I was plagued with for months!! Plus, it looks a lot better than the faded OEM valve cover. This mod rocks!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
its a shame cause all ive ever heard is good reviews about this small comapny, however when i attempted to contact them the customer service was non exsistent, so i was forced to call up sparktech. Sparcktech's design was the 1st then spoolinup for the most half mimiced there setup(nothing wrong with this) however when people are spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on a product i feel like customer service is important. So in the end even though there was a small miscommunication with the delivery from spartech, those guys literally overnighted me my product to HAWAII, and i was very very well pleased with there customer service.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

so because you have bad customer service everybody should by the sparktech unit? you dont need to come in here and hate...
im gonna say the customer service was great. he answered all of my questions and did it very fast. i placed my order and recieved my unit in 1 day also. i dont know how much more i could ask for.

this setup really helped my car out a lot. its like driving a completely different car now. its just so smooth. im impressed very much by this
Old Oct 23, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

I'm running a BBK full with lots of mods and haven't thought about upgrading cop, having a remap in 4 weeks i think its probably worth upgrading before the remap.

Has anybody had a gains proven on a dyno? also whats the difference between Spoolin up and sparteck? are there both using the same Denso Toyota coils??

either way both set ups are having good feed back. although the carbon effect spoolin up is probably going to clinch the deal.

spoolin up PM sent
Old Oct 23, 2010, 01:13 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by adam_79_2005
its a shame cause all ive ever heard is good reviews about this small comapny, however when i attempted to contact them the customer service was non exsistent, so i was forced to call up sparktech. Sparcktech's design was the 1st then spoolinup for the most half mimiced there setup(nothing wrong with this) however when people are spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on a product i feel like customer service is important. So in the end even though there was a small miscommunication with the delivery from spartech, those guys literally overnighted me my product to HAWAII, and i was very very well pleased with there customer service.
Actually TMWorks (Japanese company) COP was the first to do a unit like the ones offered here in the states.

I operate mainly by email but phone number is available upon request. The big thing is that you have to actually TRY and contact me before making claims that customer service is nonexistant....Keep in mind that false claims are not allowed on the board.

The kits are, at the very basic level, the same. I use all OEM Denso, but I have been erring towards a good Japanese reproduction coil just based on that fact that Denso is the worst company I've ever dealt with.

Thanks everyone for the good reviews! Sorry I've been so quite but Graduate school is kicking my butt!

Last edited by SpoolinUp; Oct 23, 2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=SpoolinUp;8776234]Actually TMWorks (Japanese company) COP was the first to do a unit like the ones offered here in the states.

I operate mainly by email but phone number is available upon request. The big thing is that you have to actually TRY and contact me before making claims that customer service is nonexistant....Keep in mind that false claims are not allowed on the board.

The kits are, at the very basic level, the same. I use all OEM Denso, but I have been erring towards a good Japanese reproduction coil just based on that fact that Denso is the worst company I've ever dealt with.

Thanks everyone for the good reviews! Sorry I've been so quite but Graduate school is kicking my butt![/QUOTE
I did try and contact you several times, back in may. I know about the false claims I reserve forum rules, it's not a false claim I contacted you, you responded once about calling me back on a monday after the memorial day weekend, and you never did call me back and yes I tried to contact you after that. I'm notbad mouthing you or your product, all I'm stating is had you had better customer service I'd be giving you props instead of sparktech
Old Oct 25, 2010, 05:57 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well certainly not typical, but sorry for any issues! I do my best but I am definitely not perfect.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

you have a PM

Quick Reply: Review: Spoolin' Up COP Kit