Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Daniel Buschur & Bushwacker Stage 1 transmission

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Daniel Buschur & Bushwacker Stage 1 transmission

The weekend before Thanksgiving I managed to destroy my 6-speed at the strip. For obvious reasons it was a pretty crappy situation to be in.

After much thought I decided to swap in a tried and true built 5-speed. That left me with the usual suspects in the Evo trans world: Shep, TRE, and Buschur. Within 24 hours of my trans going I had left e-mails and voicemails for all three.

Within a few days I had an e-mail from Jarrod at Buschur saying to expect a call from Daniel Buschur. Sure enough, my phone rang within a few hours and it was the man himself. I noticed right off the bat that he was extremely polite and helpful, giving me lots of details about what to watch out for when buying a used trans and whatnot. He told me to go ahead and send whatever I found to him with my contact information somewhere in the box and we'd go from there.

Found a trans and had it shipped to Buschur. Daniel called again immediately upon arrival to let me know. A few days later he called again to inform me that 2nd gear was pretty beat up and he recommended swapping it for a new one, so we did. A few days more and the trans was ready to rock. Daniel called me to say he was shipping it out and that was that. The point is, Daniel called himself each and every time to tell the customer personally what was going on.

The trans has since been installed and shifts smooth as glass. I have no doubt in my mind that it will hold up to whatever I throw at it. I just wanted to share that Daniel Buschur truly defines customer service. He made the process of grenading and replacing a vital drivetrain component as painless as can be. Within two weeks of speaking with him for the first time I had a new built trans in my possession.

I have heard nothing but great things about Shep and TRE as well but to date I have not received a response from them. I understand being busy and not being able to answer every call but I at least expected an e-mail telling me that their workload was too substantial at the moment. Nothing. My car might still be down for weeks if it wasn't for Daniel Buschur.

Bushwacker FTW.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never had any experience with them but from what you said, it seems like he is willing to go above and beyond for customer service.

I know you can probably get cheaper prices elsewhere but for service like that it would be worth it.

Thanks for sharing!
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome! Congrats on the new trans & nice job on customer service Buschur crew! So OP, when are you hitting up the track?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good stuff. i hear them bushwacker trans's hold up great
Old Dec 20, 2010, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Awesome! Congrats on the new trans & nice job on customer service Buschur crew! So OP, when are you hitting up the track?
Can't say I'm itching to go back. I was never really that into drag racing. That's the irony of the whole situation. I went for the first time in well over a year just to see what the car could do with the BBK and on the very first run, BOOM. Not like I'm running 1000 whp. Very similarly modded to your car, actually. Just doesn't seem worth it at the moment.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was honestly thinking about going shep tranny but after reading this and hearing how helpful they were I think I may go your route
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dan is a great guy, does AMAZING work. he has built both my tranny and t-case for me.

BR guys never let you down
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Thanks for the review! I think I might just have Daniel to my trans when the time comes.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

I spoke to Dan yesterday on upgrading my diff pins for my evo x. He took the time out to explain to me what exactly these pins do and why his work. He spent a good ten minutes on the phone with me, over a $160 in parts (which for buschur is near nothing). I thanked him for his time as well all know they are very busy over there.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:46 AM

so is the buchur bushwacker transmission pretty comporable to the basic shep rebuild that is like 895 or whatever it is?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor

its awesome work !!!!!!!!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by btleier
so is the buchur bushwacker transmission pretty comporable to the basic shep rebuild that is like 895 or whatever it is?
If you look at what is included on their websites the two are very very similar, as is the basic TRE rebuild.