Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

driveline fail

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
driveline fail

So ok. I will start by saying that ive had a very good experience with Eric from driveline before, within a week my rims came in! ohh happy days.

I will try to put in dates as like timelines as we go thru this (these are the dates that are reflected in pm)

Aug 9 2011, Ive tried to order Black enkei rpf1's from gruppe-m as they were the only one that said they had black but its a 2 month turn around time for the black ones so I said thanks, Then i tried driveline, they said yes but couldnt get the black ones they only had silver so I said to myself all good if I dont like the colour if it does not match the PB X ill just have them repainted, i placed the order all of this is done thru Pm and the responses was great! a reply within 1-2 hours which was great! backordered 2 weeks then shipped to AUS, done payed them that day aswell!

Aug 11 2011 I asked chuck whats the eta of the rims, chuck said 2 weeks eta!

aug 25 I asked if the rims arrived already being so excited about it, then and behold chuck replied "This is scheduled in at the end of the month! Thank you!" so ok working in a freight company you get delays that is out of your hands. So I wait again.

Sept 8 2011 after asking a couple of days before he said that he is still waiting for it, and he'll send me an eta when he gets his hands on it. I was starting to get upset already becuase when you send him an email he'll reply to you in about 3-5 days after when he clearly logs in and reply to other posts and posts new items. Its impossible for him to not see it. So I still decide to be patient and wait.

Sept 19 he says that the rims already arrived and it will be shipped tomorrow.

sept 26 I write the complaint letter, as im fed up with waiting. A cousin bought a set of enkeis on ebay that week and arrived later that week which made me completely upset about it!

"hey guys ive been in contact with you for a while now. i know for a fact that im am not the only customer you have and you too have shipping mishaps, but when i was trying to purchase rims from you guys the response was so quick i couldnt believe it it was soo good. but after the payment everything started to slow down i would ask about the wheels i bought and chuck kept saying he was expecting it any day already that any day turned out to be 15++ days. i dont want to count anymore i asked for a tracking number for the enkie rims that was going to be sent the next day. 5 days on no replies from chuck or whatsoever. its been a month and a half since the payment and its really far off the 2 weeks chuck said an honest it would be atleast 2 months before you get it would be really good as you would know i used a credit card for it, i couldve just payed you guys now and avoid the interest i accumulated already. im just saying that an honest estimated/expectancy date is going to be good. thanks."

and chuck replies with this.

"Hey Jose, I just responded to you late last week. Now your package is with Pilot Air as we speak. I am just waiting for a response from them with a tracking number and I can give that to you. Please be patient as this is an international shipment and it does take them time to prepare and clear the package. Thank you and more information will be available within the next couple of days. As I get the information from them, I will notify you"

dude i work for an airline/ frieght company! it takes 20 mins to do a shippers declation and a customs invoice! i do it all day long!

sept 26th I write this already!

"Chuck, if the wheels doesn't come on friday the 30th of sept i would like to have refund. i think its fair to do that. i have bought rims which had to be ordered in japan from XX VENDOR be exact the wheels came in within a month. i dont want to come across as arrogant but i think its just fair the 3-4 weeks you promised is ok but another month of being toyed around isnt fun. you said rims were going to be shipped out last week wednesday i have ties with a few freight forwarders because thats what i do for a living. but i a friend check up pilot air if there is something that will be coming for me for the next few days he said there was nothing. Please."

after 3 days I get this

"Hey Jose,
I can cancel the order but I can not get back the $350.00 paid to Pilot for the shipping. I have contacted Pilot Freight again and they can not give me an exact ETA on your package as of yet. Let me know what to do. Tomorrow is the 30th and I can not guarantee its arrival to you by tomorrow."

Let me remind you that He hasn't given me anything as a proof of pick up, tracking number nor a picture of the receipt!!

sept 30 I send this to chuck "i will need anything to prove that it is in fact at least in pilot air. i would need the tracking number..i hope you understand where im coming from. "

At this point i was talking to Frank the import/ export manager from pilot, He guarantees me that pilot does not have any package for me. even called me on my phone to confirm from the LA office, he was asking me to ask chuck aswell to ask for the guys name that picked it up. I ask chuck that but then no reply AGAIN.

Oct 11 I send chuck this

"any news on the wheels? its been a while and i havent heard anything from you again.
thank you."

then I found the number of driveline i started calling them at this point passing me from one person to another!

oct 20 they say it got stuck at pilot LA office because of missing paperwork so they grabbed it back and send it thru ups! I ask chuck to please give me the tracking number once known.

Oct 26 I ask again for the tracking number! again NO REPLY.

Nov 2011 after a 250$ bill from my phone company from calling chuck. on a saturday morning after countless calls he gives me a tracking number

1Z246RF49269972.

I tried it. It was what expected tho! doesnt work! I waited for that monday having ties with freight companys I call the head of UPS melbourne! low and behold! that tracking number is only for domestic america use it is not for international shipping, he asks for my address and full name to double check if they have me atleast on the system. Well its again what i expected Nothing was going to be delivered to me anytime soon. I call chuck again to clarify this BIG MISUNDERSTANDING but decides to ignore me!

Hopefully this is hard to ignore! so chuck where is it?

BTW there was this other guy working at Driveline ROCKY! he was helpful tried all the details to get me a tracking number but he said its odd as "apparently locked by chuck" so he waited for him to get back from sema.

Last edited by josecruz; Nov 9, 2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:41 AM

Ok to give an update.

Nov 12 tried calling chuck 3 times that day his poor associates was handling my calls. Apparently he was "on a conversation" the 3 times i called what is funny tho it was on different times. There was atleast 20 minutes of gap in between calls for the first 2, and a 5 hour gap on the 3rd phone call. Unless he was trying to chat with a girl it wouldnt be that long.

Mods please chime on this, I just want this agony to be finished and forget this ever happend. Its a lesson learnt tho.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

wow thats messed up
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My advice is to have your CC company do a charge back.

I had a similar issue. My Voltex hood arrived damaged. Had the hood shipped back. Went back and forth with Driveline. They'd go from we haven't received it yet to we just got it in and will ship out your replacement hood to we haven't received your hood yet. Went back and forth like that for a few months. I ended up calling my CC company had did the charge back. I don't have time for games.

Sad because I had bought a JDM bumper from them with no issues and planned to buy all my Voltex stuff from them.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:39 AM

I ordered wheels from Driveline for an STI I had awhile back and didn't have this much trouble. However, they did take MUCH longer to ship them out than they claimed. Gave me a tracking number that didn't work for a week.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:34 AM
Evolving Member

This is starting to scare me.. i ordered a set or Ce28n's from Chuck and was promised a 2 month wait. Hopefully it works out good for you. I will be creating my review from this newly formed Showstopper/Driveline merger. Hopefully you get everything settled.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:53 PM

hopefully it doesnt turn out like how it did with me! all cases is different, maybe yours will end up in less than 2 months, or maybe 8 months we dont know. all i know is I WOULD NEVER deal with chuck again.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A friend of mine went to order his Voltex rear diffuser from them but was told they don;t sell Voltex anymore (Evasive apparently is the only US distributor now because of stuff like this).

So weird. I've order a bunch of stuff from them (Tomei exhaust, test pipe and a few other things) and never had an issue. Sorry this is happening.

And +2 on the chargeback.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:42 AM

Ok An update is needed! So ****ing pissed at the moment, Dec 17th is the estimated time/day that the rims will be landing in Melbourne, I was honestly getting excited seeing i could maybe fit this early next week after a 5 month wait.

But low and behold! I got a call from the shipping company that he used saying that chuck DID NOT PAY for anything after landing in melbourne., when we clearly spoke about it when i first ordered it that it will be delivered to my door. I was expecting tax but not the Landing fee, storage fee, broker fee and + shipping to me! which will add around $500 for just the fees not including tax.

and I called chuck today, he said it was going to be delivered to my door all i have to worry about is tax! Now the rough cost of the rims + all the phone calls + taxes + the new fees is close to $2600!! I shouldve bought rays for that price!

Ill keep this updated as i hear more of the dreadful news.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

That's painful. Sorry to hear that.. The only thing that i might have going for me is that im 10 miles away from driveline's office, so if anything i could go over there and raise a storm. Hopefully Chuck fixes things for you man. Heres hoping for the best
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
There isn't an aftermarket parts store to order from in Oz?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDZNate
Maybe it's cheaper to buy it in the US and have it shipped there vs buying it in country.

To be fair, you hope that when you deal with a board approved vendor they will follow through on their end.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by JDZNate
there is. the guy told me there was going to be a 4 month wait. Im thinking that they will have to order it somewhere. But now its a 5+ month wait and chuck refusing to share the costs with me. Dont get me wrong I WILL pay for my taxes but the forwarding charges that chuck shouldve payed in the first place why should i be the only one shouldering it?

Forwarding (seafreight):
75.00 PORT CHARGES ($75 / m3, 1 m3 minimum)
25.00 CARGO AUTOMATION
70.00 DELIVERY ORDER FEE
12.00 SECURITY FEE
15.00 FORWARDING RETENTION FEE
20.00 CMR COMPLIANCE FEE
22.00 TERMINAL HANDLING CHARGES ($22 / m3, 1 m3 minimum)

Customs Clearance (seafreight):
190.00 CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
12.50 CUSTOMS ICS FEE
4.50 PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY FEE
6.50 CUSTOMS DOCUMENT RETENTION FEE
70.00 ELECTRONIC PROCESSING FEE

thats all the the stuff i have to pay for excluding the taxes and duties still!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Im just sad reading this, i have dealed with eric with driveline before and it was a good experience. I don't know now coz last time I check their site, lots of products are not available anymore. Hope this turns out good for you in the end.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe things are different in Australia but I have NEVER had to pay all that stuff. Maybe the fees were built into the selling price but I have never seen or heard of anything like this. CRAZY.

Quick Reply: driveline fail