Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

I hate to bash shops on forums BUT... IveyTune

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O boy lol. Every one has there opinions I guess. Haven't heard anything bad about Ivey personally
Old Dec 8, 2012, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ your also a n00b lol
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your new tuner probably just added more fuel into the tune...slightly less power, more safety, you do get knock from the factory, try living in california, if you get bad gas here, and yes i am talking about farting, i wouldn't be shocked to see the motor sustain irreversable damage since our octane rating is already stuck at 91 max...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Ahhh man. Now i'm scared and having doubts. well gonna have to think this over, hate to see people unhappy after taking there car's in. I'm in the process of scheduling my car to iveytune myself. Having them rebuild the trans, new clutch, new flywheel, tune,and possibly a new turbo gt3582r, if its the turbo crapping out. Been having the same boost problems, boost wont hold, hoping its a boost leak, hoping they can do a good job and find out the problems. We will see, i will post how they do.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesussaves1
Ahhh man. Now i'm scared and having doubts. well gonna have to think this over, hate to see people unhappy after taking there car's in. I'm in the process of scheduling my car to iveytune myself. Having them rebuild the trans, new clutch, new flywheel, tune,and possibly a new turbo gt3582r, if its the turbo crapping out. Been having the same boost problems, boost wont hold, hoping its a boost leak, hoping they can do a good job and find out the problems. We will see, i will post how they do.
I never personally dealt with Iveytune but from what I have always heard he runs a top notch operation, so I would not let this thread scare you from going there. I'm sure there are many happy Ivey's customers that can vouch for Sean.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Sean can perform miracles, but sometimes, it's difficult to diagnose and tune...with just cams and IC, Sean's tune got me to some amazing numbers, so I won't knock on him. Surprised with your situation OP, but glad it's all sorted out.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Why is this thread even still open? You had an issue with Iveytune you went elsewhere and the problem was fixed why are you still ranting?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The issue could have been many things. Search on these forums there are members who have given each and every shop a black eye at some point. The issues with Turbo cars are so finicky that unless you are intimately in tune with everything an issue can be found. I have used both Ivey and Akuma, both shops are fine, different styles for sure, but pick based on what you believe you want.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
Why is this thread even still open? You had an issue with Iveytune you went elsewhere and the problem was fixed why are you still ranting?
If you would've read the posts, you would've seen I haven't replied in months... It's not me that's keeping this thread alive.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

A bad batch of fuel could have possibly be the cause of your knocking. Like mentioned before, the stock tune knocks a crapload, especially for us CA folks. At least you got it fixed. GL with the new tune!