Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Speed Circuit Test Pipe Review

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed Circuit Test Pipe Review

I researched pretty long for this so called 'pipe' and eventually narrowed my decision to those that use bend on their design (which I am very glad I did, I will elaborate more below).

Speed Circuit Test Pipe Review-8kkdc.jpg

After researching and checking the major vendors and brands, I come into conclusion to pick Speed Circuit for 3 reasons:

1. Great price, great looking product (the small touch of engraving is very neat)
2. Searched through their test pipe in both Evom and EvoX forum and come out with nothing negative (some other competition test pipe comes with rattle, fitment, rust, etc)
3. Superbly fast customer response and friendly demeanor of Dino which I believe is the owner of SC.

Quality and design 8.5/10

Its one of the best looking pipe Ive ever seen, and was neatly done. I didnt give a 10/10 because Ive seen a better TP pipe from Sard and HKS (one piece instead of weld, slightly smoother finish, etc2 - yes Im very ****). But for the price and everything, I dont think you can find anything better.

Update i reduced the rating on the design due to the fact that they reversed the position of the o2 sensor vs the wideband (moved o2 towards the front, wideband towards the o2 sensor... Not sure if there is any effect to it however

Fitment 10/10

Fits like a glove and bolts right on & I am super glad that I took the bend pipe direction. Once you see the bottom of our car, it is obvious that straight pipe will most likely create small issues (rattle, scraping, fitment) unless they made the tp angled on the bolt side. Speed Circuit test pipe fits perfect, their bend is very smooth and there are plenty of space around the pipe to ensure rattle free quality

Sound and power 10/10

I wasnt very happy when I first installed it as I didnt notice any sound difference or power change, but nearing home after a highway drive I notice certain change on the sound (possibly it needs a break in?). Took it home and reset the ECU, and drove it again a few days later, and boom WTFBBQSAUCE.

I was not expecting much from a TP as most people have posted that the gain will be minimal without a tune, but my gain is pretty damn significant! The sound get progressively louder but not annoying, for me it sounded as how Evo should have been since the first place. There is no drooning or whatsoever (so far), but I do notice the smell of the gas more though it is not as bothering as people have mentioned. Even with window down I smell nothing, unless Im idling in one spot for more than a few mins.

Price, afterthought, no CEL! 10/10

Some products can be a wash to either recommend or not, but for this particular one I have no issue or whatsoever to recommend it to everyone. Especially for the price ($175), its a steal! If you are looking for a TP Grab it grab it grab it, I am very positive that you wont find anything better.

Last edited by Jakartaboost; May 1, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:55 PM

Oh I would like to add another note that mine is a JDM 2008 Evo X GSR not USDM.

I had a friendly run last night with STI 2.0 Spec C (hatch) with full bolt on and a tune (Stage 2?).

My mod were ETS intake and Speed Circuit Test Pipe, untuned.

2nd gear roll with 3 honks. I was ahead by half a car right away and stay that way until the end of the 4th gear. The STI powerband was after 3500rpm, so if we continued he might have pulled more, but I was very impressed with how easy Evo X takes on mods compared to the STI.

I think the TP was key for that race, hence sharing the story.
Old May 1, 2013, 08:29 AM

Update, i did a datalog with evoscan last weekend. we hv terrible 91 octane here not even a consistent rating too. A friend who owned the same 2008 with AMS intake (reviewed on another post) put a consistent 238 - 240whp on 3 runs, untuned (not real dyno but better than nothing)

Mine with ETS intake and SC test pipe put up a consistent 256 - 258whp, untuned as well.

This post was deleted previously due to suspicion of me working or promoting SC... Im half the world away from them, and merely chat with Dino from occasional emails. Posting to simply share that im very happy with the purchase.

My only negative issue? The test pipe moved the 02 sensor on the front side while the connection for the wideband is reversed to the original position of the 02 sensor. Not sure if there is any effect to it, but i noticed other test pipe follows the original position of stock TP...

Last edited by Jakartaboost; May 1, 2013 at 08:35 AM.