Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

FORCED PERFORMANCE customer service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 08:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bump this thread, anyone still have similar issues with fp?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 09:01 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Nobody ever posts about good experiences because they expect them. The only post the negative ones because it's NOT expected.
So, when someone searches for FP reviews, all the see is the bad stuff LOL.

A business is a business. They aren't in control of everything so can't do a perfect job 100% of the time. That needs to be understood. It's just as stressful for them to have delays and have to pass them onto the customer.

I, personally, have had all good experiences with FP except one. In that particular situation, they had no idea of knowing what I was saying was the truth, so their hands were tied. It sucked for me, but I accepted it and moved on.

We have to be realistic with our expectations and not place blame without good reason.

I'm glad to see a positive review. Very much awesome that OP was treated well. Though this thread is old as **** LOL
Old Dec 11, 2017, 09:12 PM

Am inquiring as i have read other threads as well, the reason being i posted here is because im having the same issue with one of the fellow forummer here. I had send the turbo to FP on Nov and couples of emails to them. Things still not sorted out despite chasing for answers.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:14 PM
kaj

Same happened to me. Took quite a while. At the end, they couldn't really tell me why it died. I was bummed because the turbo had less than 2000miles.
it is what it is.
I'm back on the stock turbo now. No worries and loving it. Cost me $1200 to get here, plus the cost of the OEM turbo, but....eh well.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I've always had good turbos and good service from FP throughout my years as a DSM owner as well as an Evo owner. I had my current FP Black rebuild last winter, took about 2 weeks or so and I've put 15k miles on it during a very short summer season without a hiccup. I guess you can call me a returning customer
Old Dec 12, 2017, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
Same happened to me. Took quite a while. At the end, they couldn't really tell me why it died. I was bummed because the turbo had less than 2000miles.
it is what it is.
I'm back on the stock turbo now. No worries and loving it. Cost me $1200 to get here, plus the cost of the OEM turbo, but....eh well.
yea stock turbo almost maintenance free. If you are comfortable at the power level. lol. I bought the Fp used and it failed on me within 2months of usage. so at the end you didnt rebuild your fp?

Originally Posted by six40
I've always had good turbos and good service from FP throughout my years as a DSM owner as well as an Evo owner. I had my current FP Black rebuild last winter, took about 2 weeks or so and I've put 15k miles on it during a very short summer season without a hiccup. I guess you can call me a returning customer
You are lucky mate. I admire their turbos but whats lacking is their response. need back my turbo asap as the evo is a daily driven.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 09:17 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by inin36
yea stock turbo almost maintenance free. If you are comfortable at the power level. lol. I bought the Fp used and it failed on me within 2months of usage. so at the end you didnt rebuild your fp?

You are lucky mate. I admire their turbos but whats lacking is their response. need back my turbo asap as the evo is a daily driven.
I bought the HTZ Green brand new. Had it built on a brand new MHI housing, which was ruined. I think the disappointed me more than anything.
Since they didn't know why it died, I thought it best to not try again.
My car makes 375-400whp in race trim. The car is responsive like you wouldn't believe. I'm definitely comfortable with that. The lack of extra maintenance is a bonus.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by kaj
I bought the HTZ Green brand new. Had it built on a brand new MHI housing, which was ruined. I think the disappointed me more than anything.
Since they didn't know why it died, I thought it best to not try again.
My car makes 375-400whp in race trim. The car is responsive like you wouldn't believe. I'm definitely comfortable with that. The lack of extra maintenance is a bonus.
demm... what a waste.. I assumed its Jb? as long you are nt power hungry stock evo 9 turbo shud suffice.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 07:05 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by inin36
demm... what a waste.. I assumed its Jb? as long you are nt power hungry stock evo 9 turbo shud suffice.
JB, yes. And yeah, very happy with the stock turbo. I need more seat time, so me practicing will drop lap times faster than more power. In the future, I'll be doing more with the car. Probably three years or so.