Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Blackline Titanium Shift Knobs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackline Titanium Shift Knobs

Has anyone else had issues when purchasing this product? I was looking for a good titanium shift knob and seeing as how you cannot get the arc knobs anymore this seemed like a good substitute. I ordered one and when I received it, it was scratched and did not even fit the threads for my 2014 evo. I sent multiple emails to them and while they did respond to the first email everything after that has been ignored. They offered to send a return label in the mail for me to send the knob back which is fine, however when I responded to it asking if they could possibly send a new knob with the label to send the old one back was a possibility and if anyone else was having threading issues, I was ignored. Since then I have sent approx 3 emails which yielded zero responses. I don't even know if a return label is even coming.

Sorry for the wall of text and if anyone else had similar issues please let me know and I will most likely just get a refund for the knob and take the business elsewhere. I am aware this is a small problem and not a ton of money, however the customer service is very poor and I am pretty unsatisfied. Plus the fact that I will be installing a sts kit on the car anyday and wanted a new, heavier knob.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi Mike, sorry for the delayed response, we've been super busy this week with knob orders.

Anyways, yes, we can definitely do the exchange for you. I do not know why it does not thread, but it is possible that it may have a incorrectly tapped insert in it.

Regardless, we'll get the problem taken care of for you. We've emailed you with details.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:33 AM

I have one and had zero issues with it, it fit perfectly and had zero scratches. The only issue was it took about 3 weeks to get to me.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:26 PM

Guess i am the only one then, cause the threading didn't even fit the car, and I had to send multiple emails without getting a response until i posted here lol...

Maybe I will get another knob that fits in like a month now.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

We didn't receive any response from you yet via e-mail, so please let us know what you'd like to do.

Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2014, 08:34 AM

I sent like 2 emails so You should have gotten them. I am just going to return the knob. If you see any of me emails please respond because I sent one stating that once I get the return label I will send the knob back, but would like a refund. Thanks for your time, Mike.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:17 AM

Buy Black Line Terrible Customer Service

I ordered a titanium shift knob from them about 2 weeks ago and after about a week and a half I received the package in the mail. Actually, it was a small envelope I received with black foam in it and the shift knob. Now the black foam is meant to be around the shift knob, however it was not and the knob was floating around the envelope by itself with nothing protecting it. Anyone with some common sense would also figure to put a shift knob in a small box perhaps, but not them.

After I get it and see and feel it I was kinda confused, and opened the envelope. To no surprise the knob was scratched up some which was very disappointing obviously. Then I go to see if the threading fits because originally I thought about looking past the scratched up knob and just using it, but then when I attempted to put it on the threading size was all jacked and didn't even fit.

Now, at this point I had a brand new, scratched shift knob, that doesn't even fit. So like any rational person I send them an email asking what can be done about this. They said they can send a return label if I wanted and once they receive the knob back they will send a new knob out.

I replied to their email asking if they could send a new knob with the return label because it took about a week and a half to get the knob to begin with, then will take another week or so to get the return label, then another week to send it back, and then yet another week to receive the new knob, and hoping it wasn't damaged and fit.

I got no email reply after that so 2 days later I sent another email asking if they received my last email. Again a day goes by and no reply. So again I send another email asking if they got my last 2 emails and if that was possible. Finally after sending several emails and days later I get a reply saying they cannot do that.

So I told them alright and to mail the return label. I also told them I wanted to just return the product and for them to refund my card because I no longer wanted the damaged knob and did not want to wait almost a month for a new knob. Also I was very unhappy with their customer service and this turned me off and I wanted to take my business elsewhere.

Now a week went by and I didn't receive a return label. Now I am growing even more agitated so I sent another email asking where the label is. No reply for about a day or 2.... Shocking I know. He then sends an email with an attachment of a shipping label and says to print it out. I replied with telling him I do not have a printer and that I will use the label that is coming in the mail. He replied that he cancelled the label in the mail (which probably means he never sent it to begin with) and that I have to use the one he emailed me. I then told him I do not have a printer again and asked if he could send another return label in the mail since I never received the first one..... conveniently.

He refused to send me another label in the mail and told me to go pay to print it out somewhere. So basically I would like to warn people of what is going on here and would advise people to stay away from this company as some others have done as well.

They were very happy when I emailed them about possibly purchasing the knob and responded very quickly, however once a problem occurred and the knob was damaged and didn't fit, they shockingly stopped replying to emails and were very rude about getting a refund. I would highly suggest steering away from these guys and looking elsewhere.

Sorry for the long rant guys, just very frustrated and disappointed with how a company would carry themselves.

Last edited by SpoonTunage; Sep 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You don't have a printer or know anyone who does?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
You don't have a printer or know anyone who does?
The issue is not just about a printer.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Sorry to hear about your poor experience. I personally have one of their knobs, and had a great experience. Not sure what happened?

Did you pay directly with your credit card, or did you use Paypal? I would dispute the charge, as it seems you have a good case for not paying them anything.

Poor service happens from time to time, that doesn't make it right though.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I also have one of their shift knobs and had no issues. Bad luck I guess.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:23 PM

You just made a thread a week ago about this same issue. They responded and tried to get in contact with you though that thread. There is no reason for another one to be made in my opinion. You own an EVO I'm pretty sure you can cough up the dollar to print the label they gave you from somewhere.

I have one of their knobs and had no problem with it.

Last edited by PtownEvo; Sep 16, 2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:40 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Threads merged and moved.

OP please do not create any new threads regarding this vendor, thanks.

Last edited by golgo13; Sep 16, 2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: i r grammer
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:57 PM

I dunno why people think its about a label....

And yes they came and posted in the thread once I created it and that is when they magically responded to one of the several emails I sent.

Last edited by SpoonTunage; Sep 16, 2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad things happen sometimes, as long as the seller is attempting to fix the situation which it seems like he is, i dont see a issue. I mean it's just a shift knob.

Quick Reply: Blackline Titanium Shift Knobs