Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Tirerack - Stoptech

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tirerack - Stoptech

Hey guys,

I have a problem that has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I bought a set of Stoptech Slotted directional rotors from Tirerack for my Evo9. The part # that stoptech shows on their website and everywhere that I've been shopping for directionals is 126.46064SL for the front left and 126.46064SR for the front right. After about a weeek, the package came in and everything seems OK for the right side, but the left side they sent the wrong part. Even when the packaging showed the right number (126.46064SL), the rotor itself has a different part number engraved on it (something from the 125 series). If you know about stoptech rotors, you probably know that the 125 series is for non directional rotors, while the 126 is for directional rotors.

Obviously I talked to tirerack and showed them pictures of the differences between the two rotors (you can tell that the right rotor has directional fins while the other one has straight fins by just looking at them). They agreed with me and said they would send the correct one. They arrived now and guess what? The exact same error happened! The box again shows the part number that I ordered but the rotor itself is wrong

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and its just a problem that tirerack has, or I'm just wrong and the 125 series is also valid for my application. I really doubt that the latter is the case because I can visually tell that the rotors are not directional

Anyways.. I hope anyone can share some experiences that will help me make a decision about yelling at tirerack or just installing what I have.

happy tuning!

P.S.: I've seen online that part 125 series is half the price from part 126 series... Which really makes me mad because I feel like they are totally scamming me
Old Oct 25, 2017, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Working in the auto department myself, I wouldn't blame TR just yet. They're just a reseller. They likely buy from Stoptech/other warehouse in bulk at a discount, add a markup, and sell it to you. They don't make it or even open the sealed packages to check. Sometimes it does happen that Stoptech has a faulty batch, or a series of events happen that would cause a part to be in the incorrect box. We usually return those as "defective" or "boxed wrong" back to the supplier.

My suggestion is contact TR again, perhaps speak to somebody on the phone and explain this. Ask them to send you a replacement, and ask them to open the package and verify the part number on the box matches the rotor. That's how we generally overcome this issue where I work. It does happen sometimes, sucks but try not to think somebody is out to scam you. They're not. They normally won't care to send you yet another, as they just send the "boxed wrong" items back to where they got them from for credit.

Hope this helps shine some light on it.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by six40
Working in the auto department myself, I wouldn't blame TR just yet. They're just a reseller. They likely buy from Stoptech/other warehouse in bulk at a discount, add a markup, and sell it to you. They don't make it or even open the sealed packages to check. Sometimes it does happen that Stoptech has a faulty batch, or a series of events happen that would cause a part to be in the incorrect box. We usually return those as "defective" or "boxed wrong" back to the supplier.

My suggestion is contact TR again, perhaps speak to somebody on the phone and explain this. Ask them to send you a replacement, and ask them to open the package and verify the part number on the box matches the rotor. That's how we generally overcome this issue where I work. It does happen sometimes, sucks but try not to think somebody is out to scam you. They're not. They normally won't care to send you yet another, as they just send the "boxed wrong" items back to where they got them from for credit.

Hope this helps shine some light on it.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. After a good night of sleep, my head was a little colder and I just finished talking with TR without having to eat them alive.

They said they are going to talk to the warehouse again and they'll make sure to open it this time. They also said that they are going to expedite the shipping so that I can get it asap. Their customer service is not bad, but I hope they get it right this time. It hurts to see my beautiful Evelyn sitting on jack stands for so long.. She needs to run free...

I'll let you guys know how it turns out...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 09:30 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Hopefully you get it all sorted out. I wouldn't blame TR too much, although it would be nice if they could throw you some swag or something for your trouble. I had the same problem with another big online parts shipper Summit Racing. I was trying to replace my Mom's fuel pump on her exploder...err i mean explorer, and they kept sending me the wrong one. Finally we got the warehouse on the line and turns out the part number in their system was cross referenced with the incorrect MFG part number. In your case the packaging is clearly incorrect for the part inside, which has got to be the fault of the stoptech not TR.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Those stop tech rotors are made by centric. Centric quit making the directional vane rotors. If you want directional vane single piece rotors, Racing Brake makes them.