Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Lies and Overall Horrible DrivenFab Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lies and Overall Horrible DrivenFab Experience

I have been a member of this forum for a while however I normally read to learn more about mods and the platform and very seldom post. However my experience over the past 10 months dealing with Drivenfab and Ryan deserve a post and not for good reasons.

I would like to add that throughout this whole ordeal my tuner has been awesome and have done everything in their power to help me resolve the issues I’ve had with Drivenfab.

Here is a little insight based on my experience dealing with Drivenfab trying to get the parts I ordered and paid for in June 2019. I added screen shots to show what I’ve been dealing with and to show what Ryan at Drivenfab was telling me and my tuner.

I decided to upgrade from my MHI 18K and after talking with my tuner on my goals and what I was looking for we decided to go with an EFR 8374 EWG kit from Drivenfab. I was warned that the timeline on their products are typically longer than other places. I have also read and been told their quality is really second to none so I decided since it was early June and didn’t plan to build my engine and do the turbo upgrade till winter that I had enough time. So I paid for the kit on 7JUN19 thinking 6 months should be enough lead-time. In late-November I started getting all the custom built parts. This took a little longer than expected but hey I knew the risk of delays going into it. Once the packages arrived I noticed I was missing the most important part……. The turbo!!! I reached out to my tuner and Drivenfab to see what the issue was and why it wasn’t ship with the rest of the parts. Here is where the real trouble and lies begin. Numerous attempts to reach out to Drivenfab by me and my tuners would go unanswered for weeks and the answers we did get was always the same…… the turbo was being shipped or already shipped. When in all actuality the turbo has still yet to be shipped 10 months after placing the original order for the kit. Below are the screen shots and emails I still have that reference Ryan and Drivenfab telling us the status of the turbo, which have all turned out to be blatant lies to this point.

1. I was told the EFR 8374 was one to two weeks from being shipped (14Nov19).

2. Was told again via email on 17DEC19 that the turbo was ready and would be shipped to me.

3. Was told on 15JAN20 that the turbo was shipped and Drivenfab would send me tracking info

4. Was told on early FEB20 that the turbo was shipped.

5. Was told again on 26FEB20 the turbo was shipped.

If I could do it again I would not under any circumstances deal with Ryan or Drivenfab. They may make high quality parts but it’s not worth it for the constant lies and lengthy timelines that are all but unknown as you can’t really believe anything they tell you when it comes to status update if they even reply to your inquiries. At this point I’ve paid $500 out of pocket (it goes up weekly) in storage fees because I took Ryan and Drivenfab at their word in that they shipped the turbo back in December. Now my car is sitting un-drivable at an engine builders shop awaiting the turbo. Unfortunately I am about to come out of pocket for another turbo to give me time to do the engine break-in, tune and get it ready to ship in May for my PCS back to the U.S.

Old Mar 11, 2020, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Ain't that some ****. I would've lost my fcking mind.

I wouldn't even wait on these clowns. Order a turbo ASAP from someone that actually has it. Shipping the car out from Korea is a bit of a process that you don't wanna fck up (spent two years at CRC and had my Evo there as well).

Also, "shipping to Korea to be determined" is a line of bull****. They would've been shipping to an APO, NOT to Korea.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The shipping to Korea was just a place holder by my tuner, they didn't charge me much for shipping it to my APO. The worse part is that all the parts drivenfab had to build got here. It's the damn turbo that all Ryan at drivenfab has to do is order and get it shipped. For whatever reason this clown has yet to order the turbo but has repeatedly lied and told my tuner and I he did order.

Yeah unfortunately I am in the process of ordering a turbo through my tuner (just told him today) to place the order and overnight the thing to me.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Paid with a CC? Dispute it, you get your money back and don’t have to shell out money for 2 $$$$ EFR Turbos that are on shelves from pretty much any Vendor.

I’ve seen Driven Fab parts personally and they’re very well made, find it strange he couldn’t get an off the shelf turbo to you, hell you should of had that first. Seems like another one of countless vendors that have come and gone from this community.

Probably had to use your money to keep the lights on that month and hasn’t been able to make it back in sales. If it shipped he’d have tracking which was never provided.

This quote in your screen captures probably tells the tale:
“I stopped servicing cars and building them. What a pain in the ***”
”Now I just have a shop for hobbies and designing parts”

Hobbies do not pay bills, in fact it’s the opposite hobbies cost money, which could very well be where the money for your turbo went towards. Sorry for your situation if you used a CC you’ll get it back, just file for a chargeback for items not received. Good to get this info out to the community so nobody else gets screwed out of their money. Besides posting here you should also post to your social media outlets as well as those get way more traffic, especially if DF offers parts for other platforms as well.

Best of luck getting your car together and safely back on US soil. Thank you for your service to our country sir. Stay safe!!

Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Filed a chargeback last week for a order on a heat shield and Flex Fuel kit after almost two months of waiting. No responses from any emails or phone calls. I will never give this business my money again.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by LaggyEvo
Filed a chargeback last week for a order on a heat shield and Flex Fuel kit after almost two months of waiting. No responses from any emails or phone calls. I will never give this business my money again.
Good man , easy as that!!