Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

TME or 10.5cm Hotside?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jfh
If you can pull the turbo yourself, you can also change the hotside. It's a simple bolt-on.
yeah, i was just scared to nick the wheel or something, ive tried putting a housing on a turbo before with bad results. But, from how everyone talks about this hotside, it must be easy.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me say right now, its not that easy of install but very very time consuming. I am having it done right now. Probably the hards part is getting the manifold and the O2 housing off.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

if youre low on budget(like me) go with the hotside but if you got lots of time to play with and money go for the tme ti or a gt 30
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo23IG
Let me say right now, its not that easy of install but very very time consuming. I am having it done right now. Probably the hards part is getting the manifold and the O2 housing off.
aw man, thats easy.

don't take the o2 housing off till the turbo is out of the car. manifold comes off pretty easily. had mine off in 30 minutes the other day because i had an exhaust leak in my o2 housing
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Today I called turbochargers.com which supply many vendors here and are local to me, they are out of TMEs . 2 weeks

Called forcedperformance: the lady who answered told me since their "hybrid" is about to be released they are holding on to their stock of TMEs.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

SWEET. the hybrid. i might be buying that sucker
Old Apr 4, 2005, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

I'm going to bug them every week and post it here when I find anything out.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

are you guys getting or do you already have upgraded injectors to go with your TME?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
If you have time read the entire Buschur Dyno testing thead from start to finish (all 40+ pages of it). Buschur has tested both the TME and '05 10.5 and did not find a noticeable difference, at least that I can recall. Just try to get as much info as you can before you make a decision. All vendors/tuners have different opinions, so get as much info as you can and it will help you make the right decision. Good luck.

EVOlutionary
Old Apr 5, 2005, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

forcedperformance > turbochargers but the jury is still out...and yes I have followed and read the 40+ pages
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lowkey
I’m with you. Seems a lot of people make claims because they have read it somewhere. As far as I know Buschur is the only that have tested both the MR and TME housings. He saw no substantial difference.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1825027&postcount=610
Being glued to my bumper at 145mph is good enough numbers for me You can reverse extrapolate that to the "prescious" dyno if you'd like.

His only mods were 1) mbc at 20 psi 2) axel back muffler delete pipe 2.5" and 3) coated upper heatshield.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

hot side or TME

Hey Jorge,

You should try my car if you want to know what the 10.5 hot side does. I could not tell a difference in spool up or top end. As a matter of fact I gained so much torque, the car feels way better in the lower and mid range. Again, top end did not change in a noticeable way. My friend installed the TME and made very similar numbers to ours on a mustang dyno. If I were to do it again, i would wait for a stronger turbo to change to. The TME does not add much performance over a hot side and costs $ 1000.00. A little patience or a hot side to hold you over is my suggestion.

Sigfrid
Old Apr 7, 2005, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ruzs
Hey Jorge,

You should try my car if you want to know what the 10.5 hot side does. I could not tell a difference in spool up or top end. As a matter of fact I gained so much torque, the car feels way better in the lower and mid range.

Did you just change out the hotside or did you install the entire tme?
Old Apr 8, 2005, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

hot side

I just installed the hot side. I like this mod a lot. It gave me a lot of mid range torque. Install is a snap if you go slow and yes it is easier to remove the manifold, turbo and then out of the car remove the O2 housing. Hope this helps.

Sigfrid
Old Apr 8, 2005, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
If you have time read the entire Buschur Dyno testing thead from start to finish (all 40+ pages of it). Buschur has tested both the TME and '05 10.5 and did not find a noticeable difference, at least that I can recall. Just try to get as much info as you can before you make a decision. All vendors/tuners have different opinions, so get as much info as you can and it will help you make the right decision. Good luck.

EVOlutionary
IIRC, the turbine blades were clipped...