Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu Mazdaspeed(mx5) vs Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 03:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by humpevo311
I had no trouble understanding him.. You however seem awfully arrogant concerning a 9. I guess his personal pride isnt based upon rather or not his car will outrun a turbo miata that weights over 500lbs less. If you think a stock 9 would have handed that car it's *** your sadly mistaken.
When did I say stock IX? If you read this conversation you will see that his 8 Is modified, and I'm talking about a IX with the same mods. You would know what I'm talking about if you've driven a 8 and IX back to back.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cloud
Your making no sense dude, you say your trying to see how it compared to an Evo that had the same product, but then you list all the "advantages" you gave him in, like your making an excuse for your loss.

My point was that a IX wouldn't have had the lag yours had, simple as that. I do give you my props for posting a video of you being beat by a miata on the web though, I would have never done it.

I'm taking nothing away from Shiv though, I think he's the the best in the business. I drove all the way down from WA for him to Tune my Evo.
Well sorry I guess I thought you were trying to bash the VIII; yes but these "advantages" were constant in both runs. That way we could compare the gains he saw from the vishnu stage zero; other then just looking at the before and after dyno; and your right normally I wouldnt post this video, but since his car is "powered" by a Vishnu product I thought I would share.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, fist vid the MX5 is almost sitting still, with just those mods made that thing much quicker.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:23 AM

With a GT28 at 10 lbs on my 2001 Miata I'll hold pretty even with an E46 M3 to about 120mph. That's about 240 rwhp, 200 rwtq and 1540 lbs. Haven't had the chance to run against an EVO though.

IMO the Miata will be competitive on the street but the EVO will take it on the track - the Miata just isn't stiff enough even with a rollbar and the wheelbase is a tad short. You're also quite limited in how much tire you can stuff under there. It's hard to beat for tail-out fun, though.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stvbreal
Wow, fist vid the MX5 is almost sitting still, with just those mods made that thing much quicker.
Well just those mods is an understatement, it has injectors, more boost, full exhaust, intake, xede, and tuning, not to shabby. Mazdaspeeds take very well to mods, I've noticed this with other mazdaspeeds such as the protege. I've been impressed with those cars for awhile now, still interesting to see, I actually would have thought the mazda might pull a little more on you, but I agree your cars are about equal (10mph roll gave the Miata the advantage). I mean seriously if there is anything to be impressed with it's the EVO in the race, just a full exhaust on the EVO and 20-25mph roll start and the EVO should pull a car on the Miata.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

I mean if you really want to compare, the same mods on say a IX (full exhaust with test pipe, flash, more boost, intake, injectors, and tuning) is worth over 300whp on Vishnu's dyno and it's not even a race. An VIII with the same mods should be good for over 270whp, some will even make more.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
It could conceivably support 250whp with the appropriate turbo (the stocker will give up around 230-240whp). But that requires a fair amount of additional cost (new manifold, downpipe, turbo, plumbing, etc,.) And it will lose some of that nice quick boost response that it has now.

shiv
Intresting. What are the Miatas that you all are testing with dynoing at(assuming the boost is set to 13-14psi)?
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
I mean if you really want to compare, the same mods on say a IX (full exhaust with test pipe, flash, more boost, intake, injectors, and tuning) is worth over 300whp on Vishnu's dyno and it's not even a race. An VIII with the same mods should be good for over 270whp, some will even make more.
My point exactly
Old Dec 24, 2005, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by heyzeus11
Intresting. What are the Miatas that you all are testing with dynoing at(assuming the boost is set to 13-14psi)?
Mine dynoed 215 WHP after the stage zero install at 12 PSI and ran a 13.5 at 103 MPH. The 1/4 mile number is not indicative of the cars power though, the traction sucks at the line. It pulls VERY hard from 2nd gear all the way to the top of 6th. Not bad for a Miata.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Robbi Laurenson

IMO the Miata will be competitive on the street but the EVO will take it on the track - the Miata just isn't stiff enough even with a rollbar
If you are referring to a road track, then I disagree. Have you even driven a Mazdaspeed Miata? I own one and can tell you that I've run again many Evo's at the track and I have not found one that can keep up in the corners yet. The stock Mazdaspeed has an excellent suspension for road racing and is a very well balanced machine. EVO's are very good at the track, but I'd give the edge to the Miata in the corners for sure. A stock Miata would need a lot of suspension work and bracing to be competitive with the MSM at a track.

Last edited by trimless; Dec 24, 2005 at 06:04 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Now where did I put my popcorn
Old Dec 24, 2005, 03:36 PM

I also ran with a couple EVO 8s at the track with a relatively stock MSM, only had about 175 whp at the time. The one with "Vishnu" written on the rear window with a puported 390whp kicked mine and everyone else's butt that day. I was running 200 wear street tires and just could not keep a grip in the corners. Plus I am pretty new to the whole track scene thing which has a lot to do with my speed. As a reference, I was probably in the top five of a group of 50+ HPDE "slow group" cars.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

wow that car came alive!!

get him again this time try to win
Old Apr 25, 2006, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter
wow that car came alive!!

get him again this time try to win
with my mods in my sig. he would not run me again . he has already sold the car and bought a 06 350Z.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

yeah hp to weight is hudge i have a 88 CRX HF with a turbo b16 and it puts down 220whp and 151tq on a mustang dyno and weights 2250lbs and it is way faster then my evo from a roll.

but it does not hall 5 people around and go through the snow.