Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Evo 9 300+whp on a DD on pump

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WickedIXMR
I made 318 awhp with just TBE and EBC, No flash or anything thats all i have and its set i peak boost at 21psi. All i have is helix dp and test pipe and greddy ti cat back exhaust. My ebc is a hks evc controller. BTW this was on a dyno jet at ISP racing. Also what is DD? Just wondering
DD is Dyno Dynamics.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Yeah thats a perfect comparison then, good stuff. Steve was always messing with that laptop in Jess' car, Im not suprised the tune was dead on! I hope they didnt pay for any tuning!

Im jealous, everyone seems to be getting more cool stuff done lately. Id love to go get a race gas map now that I have the ACT clutch in. I think my car on a race gas map would be silly fast.
Your car is fast as it is. The guy Alex was cool about it since he didnt do anything to the car
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thetox
Your car is fast as it is. The guy Alex was cool about it since he didnt do anything to the car
Yea but it could be a lot faster on race gas! OK thats good they didnt pay for it then. I plan to re-dyno but of course it will be when Im on a nice leaded tune.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evo ippo
i got 330 whp with downpip w/cat delet, HKS Carbon Ti EXhaust, ARC Air Box, DC Manifold and a Vishnu Ecutech Flash all on Pump 91

But on the flip side a car the had a apexi world sport exhaust and i think a drop in air filter with a Vishnu Ecuteck made around 300whp that same day
These numbers from the 9 make me feel good about the numbers for my 8. I got 300 whp with a TBE, 2.5 inch test pipe (big mistake on that one), drop in filter and Xede on the same Tuning Tech dyno.

http://www.sr20deracing.com/EVO/Evo_dyno.jpg
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Atlmethevo
What does it take to get this on pump gas? Also what about if I want to run a cat?
there is a shop in Mesa, AZ that is getting 312whp avg with evo IX's on 91 crapgas WITH a cat. it is not easy as 91 immediately starts to pull timing but it can be done & that is with an AFR of 11.5:1...
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drifto
Wow. That's not the 15% difference I've been hearing about.

He made 270whp on a DD dyno. And 305whp on a Dynojet. That's pretty darn close to 15%.

-shiv
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by housedj
there is a shop in Mesa, AZ that is getting 312whp avg with evo IX's on 91 crapgas WITH a cat. it is not easy as 91 immediately starts to pull timing but it can be done & that is with an AFR of 11.5:1...
Careful when comparing results from dynos at high altitudes. They use a big fat correction factor which tends to screw things up when comparing them with sea level dyno results. Depending on the car in question, these altitude adjusted numbers can either be over conservative to overly optimistic. Altitude corrections, unfortunately, are only reasonably accurate when talking about non-turbo cars.

-shiv
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

altitude of Mesa, AZ is 1183ft...
Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
He made 270whp on a DD dyno. And 305whp on a Dynojet. That's pretty darn close to 15%.

-shiv
Yeah, I got confused. I thought Adam made 295whp on the DD and then 305 on the DJ.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

I wish I made 295 on a DD with my stock car lol. Im pretty sure just about everyone with an VIII would hate me even more then they do now....Shiv told me if the weather was cooler in GA at the time he could have hit 280 with the car on the DD but with the weather the way it was he did not want to risk it being to aggressive. [daydream] 295hp in a stock IX on a DD.[/daydream]
Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:32 PM

shiv, I am newbie when it comes to EVo EM.. I am looking for choices and now I am more confused than ever. At MOD I got to speak with a few tuners (WORKS, COBB, etc.) and many of them and others said that your mail in flashes are not conservative. I have a 9gsr converting from a STi. At tuning technologies I dynoed at 295whp @ 357wtq... I havent seen torque that high with evo's.. I guess my questions are:

a) are your mail in tunes conservative? what happens if I need to take the car to the dealership? would there be any downtime?
b) what would it take for me to reach higher torque #'s similiar to the STi? (headers, other mods etc)
c) how would you compare yourself with AMS, WORKS, Burschur & the Gruppe-S mail in tunes..?
d) Another tuner also said with a right tune a MBC is not needed.. is this true with the evo9?
thanks again for your time,

sashin
Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

they probably said shivs OTS flahes are not conservative so you would look else where....

If you are concerned with OTS flashes, dont get one.....spend the little extra cash for a custom map and be happy with it ( i know I was, car was much faster with the cutom tune versus my COBB basemap). Mail-in tunes are ALWAYS hard to make....diff cars react differently to the map details. Shiv is a mad man when it comes to tuning....it like he turns into a different person when tuning a car. He is so focused and wants your car to run perfect when he is done with it.

You dynod 357trq and want MORE?
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:56 PM

drew thanks for your response,

yeop that was with the STi with bolt on mods @ 91octane. I traded my car in and went with a evo9gsr. i am looking for something safe that could yield similiar results as the sti.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

your 9 with a flash and tbe will be faster than your sti despite the lower torque. (9s make 330+ whp at TT with flash and tbe)

Id recommend a custom tune as it will be tailored to your car, therefore much safer as there can sometimes be car/car variances.