Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

BMW 335i Dynojet Results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
I think the car has an airpump for catalyst performance. If so, that is what causes the tailpipe wideband to read so lean.

-shiv
the unit that you think is an air pump is a vaccum pump, it is a valvetronic engine that canot create vaccum at idle due to the edk (throttle module) position. have fun w/ this one we can barley figure these things out (not just the 335 all bmw) so good luck if ya got any quirky questions you can drop me a pm

ps if you dont sware or have gray hairs you can kiss that good bye
these are not normal cars they are really annoying!!!!!!! god bless your soul
Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matyb
the unit that you think is an air pump is a vaccum pump, it is a valvetronic engine that canot create vaccum at idle due to the edk (throttle module) position. have fun w/ this one we can barley figure these things out (not just the 335 all bmw) so good luck if ya got any quirky questions you can drop me a pm

ps if you dont sware or have gray hairs you can kiss that good bye
these are not normal cars they are really annoying!!!!!!! god bless your soul
Actually, the 335i engine isn't valvetronic. It has a traditional throttle body and does indeed creat vacuum in the intake manifold. As for AFR, it simply does run that lean. There is no airpump. And the vacuum pump is there to actuate the boost control system. It's a wierd car for sure. But we got we needed out of it. Took some work but we're certainly happy its behind us..lol. Thanks for the feedback though...
-shiv
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Actually, the 335i engine isn't valvetronic. It has a traditional throttle body and does indeed creat vacuum in the intake manifold. As for AFR, it simply does run that lean. There is no airpump. And the vacuum pump is there to actuate the boost control system. It's a wierd car for sure. But we got we needed out of it. Took some work but we're certainly happy its behind us..lol. Thanks for the feedback though...
-shiv
shiv, just have to say that your totally right (all techs were under the idea that EVERY ENGINE FROM HERE ON OUT IS VALVETRONIC SO GET USE TO IT) i was just going off the n52 and n62. i personally have only seen them (335i). havent had the pleasure of playing with them yet. anyway i know how bad times can get with the THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE LOL, regardless those numbers are insane and job well done. its almost embarising cert. bmw tech dosnt know the product but when your wrong your wrong (not the first) if you need any info like i said before feel free to pm me your guys are always good to me (i run an exede), i feel your pain brother lol

p.s. just think of when it does go valvetronic all that control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by matyb; Oct 24, 2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

I think you recently finished up the 335 Xede's, are you now able to tell us with more certency if an EVO xede can be adapted for use on the 335?

Unfortunately, the mitsu XEDE is different from all the other XEDEs due to its frequency-based MAF sensor. The BMW xede is the same unit we use in Honda, Lotus and Miata applications. You *could* use the Mitusbishi unit and use one of the extra analog in/out pairs for MAF but you'd be short a pair when it comes to controlling the widebands. Its still too early to tell if all the ins/outs in the XEDE will be used. If not, the Evo unit will work in the Bimmer just fine. We'll know soon enuff

Shiv
Old Oct 24, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

yes i'm interested in knowing if the mitsu xede can be used on the 335i
Old Oct 31, 2006, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

wonderful. now I have to watch our for BMW guys with blow off valves in addition to SRT NEON owners. Not to worry, my 997TT is due in December
Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

4.1 sec 0-60 is what I have heard this tune gets, but what would guys say its 1/4 mile would be if driven to its fullest on 91 octane? I think it could get low 12s, is that too low.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seen ya got some press from Autoweek - congrats. Not that they said much...

Last edited by boomn29; Mar 26, 2007 at 01:26 PM.