Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Visnu Colorado Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2003, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
chronohunter - I'd like to get together with you in Boulder and talk tech. E-mail me at Rob@Sunshine-Canyon.com
Old Dec 11, 2003, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks chronohunter! I sent them an e-mail asking where to send my $$$ and that it is a rush order.

Brett - If all of the parts are not available or in stock, is it possible to optimize tune in CO with just the re-flashed ECU? Or will it require re-tuning after everything else is installed? I think I already know the answer to this but - just in case...

Matt
Old Dec 11, 2003, 09:17 PM

Origami posted by Mattman
Brett - If all of the parts are not available or in stock, is it possible to optimize tune in CO with just the re-flashed ECU? Or will it require re-tuning after everything else is installed? I think I already know the answer to this but - just in case...
You probably guessed that a custom dyno tune requires all mods be on the car and functioning. That's the benefit of a custom tuning session - to extract every last bit of safe power out of the engine. The car can only be tuned for what it has at the time of the tune. Putting the mods on after the tune will probably show less power than an off-the-shelf Stage 1 reflash, which you can get by sending your ECU to Vishnu.

Hopefully, you can get your Stage 1 kit soon because you still have to install it before Dyno Day.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old Dec 12, 2003, 01:26 PM

reflashed ECU tuning

Brett/Shiv. I am scheduled for 2 pm on the 21st for dyno day in Colorado. My plan had been to have an XEDE installed and tuned that day, but after reading all the positive reviews of the Vishnu ECU reflash, and taking another look at my family obligations for Christmas, I want to go with the reflash. I sent in my order and credit card info to you guys already. I just want to confirm that I can bring the car in on the 21st and get the reflash and tuning done then, rather than sending in my ECU for the reflash ahead of time. In other words, if I just show up with my car with all other mods installed and I have already paid via your website, can I get the tuning and the reflash on the 21st? Thanks. Looking forward to it.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Whats up guys, I was wondering if there is still any time available on the dyno? Let me know so I can make plans to come out.

//Power On

Dan
Old Dec 12, 2003, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Re: reflashed ECU tuning

Originally posted by bigmac
Brett/Shiv. I am scheduled for 2 pm on the 21st for dyno day in Colorado. My plan had been to have an XEDE installed and tuned that day, but after reading all the positive reviews of the Vishnu ECU reflash, and taking another look at my family obligations for Christmas, I want to go with the reflash. I sent in my order and credit card info to you guys already. I just want to confirm that I can bring the car in on the 21st and get the reflash and tuning done then, rather than sending in my ECU for the reflash ahead of time. In other words, if I just show up with my car with all other mods installed and I have already paid via your website, can I get the tuning and the reflash on the 21st? Thanks. Looking forward to it.
I got your order today. You do not need to send us in your ecu as we can reflash it when we see you next week. Take care.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Mattman B]Thanks chronohunter! I sent them an e-mail asking where to send my $$$ and that it is a rush order.

Matt [/B]
Hello Matt,
We can send you out the stage 0 kit today if you like and tune it for that when we come next week? Please call me at the office at 925.924.9800 or email me at sales@vishnutuining.com. Thanks Matt.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 10:01 PM

Brett - Thank you for your call, I know you guys are busy! I went ahead and ordered on line. I ordered the Stage 1 kit, and the Silicon Hose Kit. I know you are out of stock with the exhaust system - thats ok, send what you have as I mentioned in the notes. You guys rock! Just wish I would have done it sooner.

I will re-flash my ECU at the event as you mentioned in you call.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 10:06 PM

amigoni or whoever is signing up the times - am I in? I prefer a Sunday time but will take anything leftover.

Thanks again to everyone who has welcomed me - I'm honored!

Matt
Old Dec 12, 2003, 10:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally posted by Mattman
amigoni or whoever is signing up the times - am I in? I prefer a Sunday time but will take anything leftover.

Thanks again to everyone who has welcomed me - I'm honored!

Matt
It looks like Saturday the 20th would be better with GrifterMP5, newtoturbos and silvercar backing out. There appear to be openings at 10am, 1 or 2pm. I would call and confirm with Brett just to be sure
Old Dec 13, 2003, 03:10 AM

Amigoni or Brett-
Is it possible to pick up one of the earlier times on Saturday, say the 10am slot, and chronohunter could have my 3pm on Sunday? It looks like I will have to work on Saturday and Sunday night and the 3pm slot is going to be too late for me. Let me know.....Thanks...
Old Dec 13, 2003, 03:37 PM

Brett, I understand you are signing people up for the Dyno. Please add me if there is a slot available. I will also give you a call and e-mail you.

I'm so pumped!
Old Dec 15, 2003, 03:13 PM

All,

Well, I talked to the folks at Vishnu and they gave their honest opinion about dynoing my car without the exhaust system. As I knew in my heart all along, it is not the best idea. The good news is that the exhaust system will be here in about a week, bad news is - just a week too late.

Sooo... I will be at the CO Dyno Day but will not be dynoing my car. Maybe next time.

However, being a fellow motorhead, I will still enjoy watching and learning from your awsome Evo's

Thanks for welcoming me here and we'll see you in Parker!

Matt
Old Dec 15, 2003, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Don't worry Mattman. There is lots of us that couldn't make this dyno day. We will setup another one for next year!!! Hopefullly before the summer. Shiv are you available then?
Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:30 PM

I know this last minute...but i have to back out of the dyno tune on the 20th. I am really bummed...I didn't have enough money to get the the XEDE.
But I am going to go to to Parker on Saturday to see some Evo's getting dynoed.

-Sergio

Quick Reply: Visnu Colorado Dyno Day