Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Visnu Colorado Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2003, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck on the reply,
no offense shiv, but, i asked what you would tune and what the costs would be. you only told me what you would tune.
i went and got a base run in this weekend, you can go at any time. base runs at MAC are now 65, dyno time is 70/per half hour. the guys there will tune things like S-AFC's, E-manage, etc. you pay for dyno time and they'll tune for you if you need. don't mean to knock anyone or they're knowledge of tuning, but that's what i know. the guys there are really cool and you do get to drive your own car on the dyno, which i like. there's really no need to wait if you just want to see what it will do. although it would be nice if we were given some more info on this "dyno day." i think we are just supposed to commit to this with an open mind to spend money.
just my .02
Old Oct 26, 2003, 10:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally posted by new 2 turbos
i think we are just supposed to commit to this with an open mind to spend money.
just my .02
A little faith guys Trust me it will be worth it to spend money to have your car tuned by Shiv FOR ALTITUDE. Our conditions are different than ANY base map out there and it has been explained on many posts how each EVO requires a different tune as well. Add the two up and it is the only best chioce for our much loved EVO's. Be patient with Vishnu they are a small company and are working around the clock to get the answers we are looking for. Shiv has commited to come to Co. in Nov. or Dec. I don't mind if it takes a little longer so we can see the stage 2 results. I only want to mod my car one time and and therefore want to do it the right way the first time

my 2 cents...

Last edited by chronohunter; Oct 26, 2003 at 10:49 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 10:48 PM
EvoM Guru

new 2 turbos, What did you guys baseline at? (temp, hp, tq corrected and uncorrected). Thanks! can't wait to get togeather, you guys still want to do Second Creek sometime?
Old Oct 27, 2003, 06:09 AM

chronohunter,
Grifter_MP5 baselined at 209hp/219tq. i'm pretty sure. temp was 63.33F, he's bone stock.
i have an HKS downpipe, stock cat still, and a 3" mandrel cat back with a mgnaflow striaght through muffer, K&N dropin filter. i ran 232.15hp/237.86tq. all numbers uncorrected. corrected was 281/288 for me, i can't remember Grifters. pretty good though for only 2 mods. looking for an S-AFC, MBC and some gauges now! the car ran way too rich, dropped of the scale (below 10:1) at about 6k RPMS, needs some tuning don't you think?!
still up ofr second creek, in november anyway. hope you like the numbers,
later
Old Oct 27, 2003, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Angry

Looks like i got the slow evo of the group. I dynoed at 192 uncorrected at 86 degrees the other day. 241 corrected. Running richer then Chronohunter. Both of us off the scale. I just installed B&B exhaust and noticing a bit more power. I also reset the ECU. Maybe that fixed up a little. We'll see. Definetly need the tuning. Still up for Second Creek here.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:13 PM

you can always add power=P!
you need to tighten up all of your intercooler piping still? mine seemed to like that. B&B should help out nicely. sounds like you need to make another trip also. looking for someone with an evo ecu adaptor harness in stock to get an s-afc installed and tuned. needs to be a lot leaner. grifter_mp5 was richer than i was too, maybe because of my k&n, who knows!
Old Oct 28, 2003, 11:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally posted by amigoni
Looks like i got the slow evo of the group. I dynoed at 192 uncorrected at 86 degrees the other day. 241 corrected. Running richer then Chronohunter. Both of us off the scale. I just installed B&B exhaust and noticing a bit more power. I also reset the ECU. Maybe that fixed up a little. We'll see. Definetly need the tuning. Still up for Second Creek here.
Remember it was 85 degrees vs. 63 when they dynoed. That would about do it Nice job guys...let the tuning begin! I want to get the turbo-back the exede, cams and gears with Shiv tuning it to 300hp on 91oct uncorrected, can't wait for THAT dyno day

Does anyone know when Second Creek is having an open track day in November? Let's try to set a date to meet there
Old Oct 28, 2003, 09:31 PM

try this website.
http://www.2ndcreekraceway.com
nothing up now but they should be updating it soon. usually every wednesday is open track, if you don't have to work, that is.
you can get 300 horse with out all of that stuff, i'm headed for s-afc and possibly boost control, high flow cat, maybe some piping, who knows. i'll take it in stages.
keep cheching for second creek!
Old Nov 1, 2003, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Ok Shiv, or Bret. It's November. What is going on!!! Do we have a date? Please respond. Don't leave us hanging.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 08:35 PM

This thread seems to have strayed OT. There doesn't seem to be an updated list of people who are seriously interested in getting tuned. Without a list of committed people, Shiv or Brett can't set a date.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old Nov 1, 2003, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Ok then. Here it is:

1. Leo Amigoni,
Old Nov 2, 2003, 01:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally posted by amigoni