Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

going vishnu route, but stock boost is at 10-11psi please help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2004, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going vishnu route, but stock boost is at 10-11psi please help

hey guys,

I need some help. I just got my exede ecu and I reinstalled my stock air box and reinstalled my factory boost controller hoses. I even rest the ecu. I am only boosting 10-11 psi on the stock set up without installing the exede ecu. I wanted to make sure everything is working fine first before I install the exede. I know the hoses to the turbo is correct because regardless when the pill is removed it shares the same line. and on the boost controller solinoid side the hose that has the white lines goes to the solinoid line that has a white mark to it which is farthest away from the headlights and the solid hose goes to the solinoid line that is closes to the headlights. I know I am not leaking because I removed the hoses and blew through it and no leaks. I really apreciate all the advise you give me. Thanks a bunch.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by savageevo
hey guys,

I need some help. I just got my exede ecu and I reinstalled my stock air box and reinstalled my factory boost controller hoses. I even rest the ecu. I am only boosting 10-11 psi on the stock set up without installing the exede ecu. I wanted to make sure everything is working fine first before I install the exede. I know the hoses to the turbo is correct because regardless when the pill is removed it shares the same line. and on the boost controller solinoid side the hose that has the white lines goes to the solinoid line that has a white mark to it which is farthest away from the headlights and the solid hose goes to the solinoid line that is closes to the headlights. I know I am not leaking because I removed the hoses and blew through it and no leaks. I really apreciate all the advise you give me. Thanks a bunch.
Blowing through the lines doesn't indicate a non-leak.

-M
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

You need to re-check your hoses, clamps and line routing. If you know someone who owns a stock Evo ask them to stop by and help you compare all the lines. Sometimes having a second set of eyes can help you catch something you missed.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe your hoses arent tighten enough..or maybe your tubes arent in all the way..check especially your diverter if it is in correctly
Old Jun 30, 2004, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

It sounds like your ecu is pulling timing. Recheck all your hoses. What kind of boost gauge are you using? does the car feel normal?
Old Jul 12, 2004, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by savageevo
hey guys,

You need to recheck your boost control hosing positions. Basically, there are two restrictor pills found in the stock boost control lines. One is after the plastic T in the long line that runs to the factory solenoid (the one shiv says to remove when installing the exede), the other is found in one of the short lines on the other side of the factory T. I forget if its the "red tipped" line or not. Either way, it does not matter, you can feel for the hard pill in the line with your fingers (do not remove the pill from the short line). Anyway, once you've discovered which of the two short lines that connect to the T contain the 2nd restrictor pill, you need to make absolutely sure that the short line with the pill is the one you connect to the *compressor housing* and not to the wastegate. That should solve your problems.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by A418t81
You need to recheck your boost control hosing positions. Basically, there are two restrictor pills found in the stock boost control lines. One is after the plastic T in the long line that runs to the factory solenoid (the one shiv says to remove when installing the exede), the other is found in one of the short lines on the other side of the factory T. I forget if its the "red tipped" line or not. Either way, it does not matter, you can feel for the hard pill in the line with your fingers (do not remove the pill from the short line). Anyway, once you've discovered which of the two short lines that connect to the T contain the 2nd restrictor pill, you need to make absolutely sure that the short line with the pill is the one you connect to the *compressor housing* and not to the wastegate. That should solve your problems.

Follow this mans advice then give us a call if for the small chance this isnt it,

David under Shivs acct