Notices
Vivid Racing - Arizona With the best JDM selection of parts for your EVO and a great experience for your EVO upgrading, Vivid Racing is here to answer your questions and needs. [Visit Site]

My Experience with Vivid Racing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My Experience with Vivid Racing

I wanted to come on here and give my impressions of Vivid. Hopefully this will help them to better there services and relationships with their customers.

First off, I called ahead before I placed the order to make sure everything I was ordering was in stock (a total $6000+ worth of equipment). I was told that everything was in stock, and if I placed the order online (that I had already completed up to the point of selecting a payment method) that everything would ship out within 48 hours after the payment came through. Was also told that they were offering free shipping on all orders over $5000 (which was stated on the website also). Paypal took 4 days to clear the transaction with them (NOT Vivid's fault). After the payment was received, I receive an email stating that I owe $350 for shipping (can't remember exact amount off top of my head, have to go read my emails to get the exact amount). I politely emailed back that a sales person, and their websites stated free shipping on all orders over $5000. After 2 days, I received an email back from a lady stating that whe was sorry for the owners mistake, they had forgotten they were still offering that discount.

I received most of the equipment within a couple of days after her email. The Brakes, taillights, boost controller and short antenna all came perfectly. However, I can honestly suggest that people purchase the Perrin Shorty antenna. The JDM one works good, but doesn't look that great (fitment wise).

On to the bad part. I didn't receive my VIS Carbon Fiber hood and trunk. After 3 weeks, I called Vivid. I was told that the stuff was on back order. Funny thing is, a stereo shop down the street from me called VIS directly and told me they would drop ship both parts shipped to me overnight if I wanted to purchase them. I held off, hoping that Vivid would get me my stuff within a few days now. After a week, nothing came. I called Vivid again, once again was told that the stuff was on backorder and that they would send my stuff as soon as it becomes available. Frustrated, because I was told that VIS had plenty in stock, I called VIS directly. They told me that they have not had any back order issues for a while on Evo parts, and that the reason why I did not get my stuff, is because they had a lot of issues with Vivid (mostly financial but there are other reasons) and that they no longer provide their equipment to Vivid for resale.

So I called Vivid again, The person that answered the phone (shipping dept guy) was very friendly and told me he had no clue as to why I hadn't received my stuff. He took my phone number and asked to call me back after he finds out what was going on. After about an hour, he calls back. He confirmed that Vivid is no longer allowed to resale VIS stuff, and told me they were going to send a fiber images trunk, and some other company's hood. I told him that I would prefer the hood and trunk to come from both the same company (that way the weave and quality would be the same on both pieces).

Two weeks later, they finally arrive. Both from Fiber Images. I open the Trunk, and was very dissappointed. The trunk is terrible. I immediately call Vivid and let them know that I won't except the shipment. There is scratches in the finish, knicks around the edges, and I don't know what they did, but the areas around where the factory wing mounts are FUBAR'd. The sales guy tells me that I need to speak to Rob and that he wasn't available. He took my name and number and said he would have him call me back. Here it is a week later, and after me calling 3 times, I get the run around every time and still have not talked to anybody regarding the bad product. The Hood is ok, but it looks like it had been dropped on the production line, the drivers side corner in the rear is cracked and it looks like the carbon fiber and finish is peeling off the firberglass frame.

Needless to say, I have order from Vivid before, and never had an issue. I have spent around $10,000 in the last year with them. And it looks like they will never get a dime from me again. I hope someone from Vivid will actually read this and learn that they need to take better care of their customers.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about that... one rule to follow is that if your gonna order anything over $1000, order it from a local or semi local company, that way when it doesn't show up, you can drive over there and choke their ***....
Old Nov 29, 2004, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, to hear about your Vivid experience. I'll also never, ever, buy from them due to a bad experience.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

totally sucks dude.

my experience with vivid was great. responded promptly and were a great help. granted i didnt order 6 grand worth of stuff.

good luck with that and hopefully they will bend over backwards if youre giving them that kind of money. you just have to get in touch with the right people who can get some **** done there.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jadiem
sorry to hear about that... one rule to follow is that if your gonna order anything over $1000, order it from a local or semi local company, that way when it doesn't show up, you can drive over there and choke their ***....
LMAO
Old Nov 30, 2004, 03:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Slowevo4me,

Have you tried contacting us recently? if the looks to be cracked or damage could you send us pictures of it to us. i will notify rob of your post here and will make sure someone will get back to you.

jacky
Old Nov 30, 2004, 03:34 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slowevo4me
Here it is a week later, and after me calling 3 times, I get the run around every time and still have not talked to anybody regarding the bad product.

Needless to say, I have order from Vivid before, and never had an issue. I have spent around $10,000 in the last year with them. And it looks like they will never get a dime from me again. I hope someone from Vivid will actually read this and learn that they need to take better care of their customers.

^ it looks like he's tried to contact you guys.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

If it were me I would return it and order from VIS directly... But thats just me. I have never dealt with vivid so I have no comment on their service.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

haha .L. were always posting in the same threads. STOP FOLLOWING ME!!!
Old Nov 30, 2004, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i am glad i just ordered a part from Apex in AZ then. It was only an autometer mount cup, but the guy (Kwan) who took the order was a really nice guy. Told me if i ever need anything at least give him a chance to earn my business.

Sorry about the luck!
Old Nov 30, 2004, 04:31 PM

Kwan gives GREAT prices, only bad thing is that his installations arent that great. That's why you install yourself =)
Old Dec 1, 2004, 12:23 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crusin_lancer
haha .L. were always posting in the same threads. STOP FOLLOWING ME!!!

LMAO....... hey, i posted first!
Old Dec 1, 2004, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

I figure that the small items are the way to go with vivid, any thing big they cannot afford to stock which means you get it straight from the distro which means waiting times.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:33 PM

you could always order it from trix directly...

http://www.trixracing.com/productdet...ProductID=1005

almost $100 difference...

http://store1.vividracing.com/catalo...oducts_id=6466

Last edited by mphevo; Dec 1, 2004 at 10:35 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We had bad communications with VIS and i think Trix had the same experience. unfortunately they are no loger in business.

Quick Reply: My Experience with Vivid Racing