Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

My Aquamist 2D/DDS3 installation pics

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just realised you got a 7!:)

Hi Gunzo, .......Evo 7!

Last edited by SlowCar; Dec 16, 2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

yes a 7

u in u of a or asu? was at tucson on and off from 2000 till 2002.. know a bunch of good friends from there
Old Dec 17, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gunzo
yes a 7

u in u of a or asu? was at tucson on and off from 2000 till 2002.. know a bunch of good friends from there
U of A
I was initially wanting to get the same water tank as you....but change my mind b/c it has STI on it Sweet setup
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:04 PM

Sorry to drag this back up after several months guys, but what wire did you tap into with the MF2 for the coil input plz?

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by talon2evo
Sorry to drag this back up after several months guys, but what wire did you tap into with the MF2 for the coil input plz?

Thanks.
You can get an answer quicker by emailing your question to Richard@Aquamist.co.uk
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are you looking for the same wire that the FIA2 uses? a signal for the injector?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:04 AM

I'm actually in conversation with Richard, but since this is EVO specific, I thought I would check with others that have already installed in their evo.

This is simply an RPM signal to the MF2 so that it can do 3d mapping for the water injection. Since our cars are 4 cylinder, but with 2 coils, it seems to me that if we tell it we have a 4 cylinder, it would think we really have a 2 cylinder, since it only signal's each coil two times per revolution...

I'll experiment with it today. There are LED's that show how many rpm's it thinks are spinning, so I should be able to determine myself what it is doing.

I hooked most of the stuff up last night, & it just needs the MAP sensor, & the rpm signal, & it should be ready to run.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

set it to variable and then turn the variable resistor to read 2 stroke engine
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:17 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bringing it back....

Slowcar, where did you get the tank you are using in front? Do you like it and where can I find out about antislosh foam..... is it just a foam brick that sits in the tank to prevent the fluid from sloshing? It seems that wouldn't help a ton with the front-to-back issue.

Details man!

also, would it be stupid to use a container like the STi one (rearmounted, however large) and have that feed a smaller tank in front by suction alone? IE: would you be overworking the pump trying to draw in fluid from the rear tank and pressurize the system in front of the pump or would it be just as easy for it?
...in the end this could provide for a near endless supply of liquid (or more than enough for a long road race) and allow you to keep your stock washer bottle if you used a front bottle similar to slowcar's

Last edited by fostytou; Nov 13, 2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Bringing it back....
also, would it be stupid to use a container like the STi one (rearmounted, however large) and have that feed a smaller tank in front by suction alone? IE: would you be overworking the pump trying to draw in fluid from the rear tank and pressurize the system in front of the pump or would it be just as easy for it?
...in the end this could provide for a near endless supply of liquid (or more than enough for a long road race) and allow you to keep your stock washer bottle if you used a front bottle similar to slowcar's
You would have to ensure the front container is sealed tight so that suction can happen .. The other one would be to use gravity .. but again it's subjective since you'll be throwing the car around the track alot .. you'd probably need a float sensor in the smaller tank to indicate a low condition as you can possibly cause a degradation in suction and feed purely from the smaller tank instead..

Run a booster pump from the back tank to the front .. and from there use the main pump to draw the fluid to be injected ..

If the booster pump can supply more fluid .. then you don't have to worry about running out of fluid (unless the tank's empty) .. if the main pump draws more fluid .. then pressure differential will actually suck the fluid out from the pump itself much like a bypass .. you're safe either way .. compared to a smaller tank in front .. not to mention the headache involved in plumbing ..

Define your 'long race' .. My 3Gallon container can sustain a 24 minutes race easy at a flowrate of 500cc/min (which is ALOT of fluid to spray)

The standard containers only hold about 1 gallon of fluid ..
Old Nov 14, 2006, 07:59 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hmmm... so with an additional 1gallon at the front that would be 32minutes near flat out!.... I wonder if you could cross the state of Iowa in that much time......

I like the idea of adding a booster pump, I don't know how hard it would be to set it up so the pump would trip at sayyyyy 1/2 small tank and run for 10 seconds or however long it would take to fill the small tank a reasonable amount.

In th end the plumbing would be a little complicated, but not much more than a pair of wires and an extra line. My interest lies in keeping the system in the front of the car, but more importantly filling up a tank 1/4 as many times. Guess the stuff isn't much lighter than water though :/
Old Nov 15, 2006, 03:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
hmmm... so with an additional 1gallon at the front that would be 32minutes near flat out!.... I wonder if you could cross the state of Iowa in that much time......

I like the idea of adding a booster pump, I don't know how hard it would be to set it up so the pump would trip at sayyyyy 1/2 small tank and run for 10 seconds or however long it would take to fill the small tank a reasonable amount.

In th end the plumbing would be a little complicated, but not much more than a pair of wires and an extra line. My interest lies in keeping the system in the front of the car, but more importantly filling up a tank 1/4 as many times. Guess the stuff isn't much lighter than water though :/
don't think so .. flow rate is around 8gph or so if you're spraying that amount ..

There's a circuit diagram done up by Richard L from aquamist that you probably can adapt it to your float switch .. think all you need to do is increase the size of the capacitor and it'll probably be able to extend it to 20s .. the 1 I did based on his inputs triggers for additional 3sec only ..

If you're doing autox .. you'd be better off putting the weight at the back for better weight distribution
Attached Thumbnails My Aquamist 2D/DDS3 installation pics-cctprimer.gif  
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:40 AM

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp-drag-racing.html
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by SlowCar
I laser cut a whole sheet of 316SS and there are so many left. If anyone who is using the aquamist nozzles, and wants one, i'll send you a piece. Just needs 2 "snap-rings", a 2-034 oring to center the whole fixture and 4mm bore thru Swagelok 1/8NPT fitting; good for 500psi and leakproof.
slow car :
doesn`t that laser cut piece affects air flow in a tremendous way??? doesn`t seems to be very in favour of flowing!!
thanks