Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

dealer filled my meth tank with washerfluid...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer filled my meth tank with washerfluid...

so yea, as the title reads the dealer filled my meth tank with washerfluid. I am using my stock washer tank as my reservoir and didnt realize they mixed it after my free service. The other night i was getting on it and everything was going fine then at the top end of 5th gear the car stumbled for a second and i got off of it, then realized i had about a half tank of 100% meth and half a tank of i guess 50/50 blue washer fluid. The car seems fine but im wondering if there was some damage done that i havent noticed yet? Yes first thing tomorrow i am going to drain the tank and refill with straight meth but am a lil worried i sprayed that mix into my engine through 4th and 5th gear. Let me know, thanks guys.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor

prob. a little knock.

if it didnt blow up when you were on it, then your fine. check your plugs for signs of detonation or peices of motor.

you have that much power and no wideband?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

there should be no worrys, i actually heard of people using washer fluid because it contains alcohol in it. your car should be fine. but dont take the ****. drain it and put meth back in it.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

how big is your meth nozzle?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

the car is running fine but ill go over a few things tomorrow to make sure like coolant level is where it should be and the plugs are ok. No CEL light came on either. Im going to pump the tank out from the hose that connects to the sprayers on the hood and then disconnect the line from the meth nozzle and flush that out to make sure all the washerfluid is out.

I am using the biggest nozzle that comes with the snow kit i got from Dan at UCC.

And no i dont have a wideband, i should get one but havent got around to it yet. Im stock ECU, turbo and engine and never mess with anything so not really needed in my opinion. If i was messing with boost levels and tuning then i would def have one.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

main thing i was worried about was i am not sure what else is in normal off the shelf washerfluid. Im sure they have cleaners, dyes, and who knows what else and not sure if that would F anything up in the engine besides causing some knock.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

it will just color your intake blue thats about it...

when you got tuned...do you know what your AFR was at?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

dont remember what the AF was at but i know i was in 96 degree heat with zero counts of knock so it was a very conservative tune
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:05 PM
Former Vendor

Im stock ECU, turbo and engine and never mess with anything so not really needed in my opinion. If i was messing with boost levels and tuning then i would def have one.

wrong, you have a modded evo.. there are numerous things that can happen. bad 02 for example. the computer may not pick it up till its to late.. your gas milage could slowly decrease from a bad 02.. its slight so you dont notice. if you have a wideband youll see it.. if you get a boost leak, you may not know or hear it, but the o2 will see it.

if something was wrong with your meth kit, you would know it before you blew the car up, or made a thread asking if anything is wrong with my car.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

you should be fine - check plugs like mentioned to ease your mind.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

im still waiting on my failsafe from Dan, and i will prob install a wideband at the same time because yes i know it is a huge safe guard against amost anything that might threaten your engine.

Thanks SlowCar, i was pretty sure there was nothing to worry about but just wanted to double check.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05evoGSR
im still waiting on my failsafe from Dan, and i will prob install a wideband at the same time because yes i know it is a huge safe guard against amost anything that might threaten your engine.

Thanks SlowCar, i was pretty sure there was nothing to worry about but just wanted to double check.
Dan UCC? snow gets their failsafe from labonte, you can go direct to labonte, might be quicker.

i like the zeitronix zt2 for afr and boost - check them out. also i think you can log flow sensor voltage with it.

Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05evoGSR
Im stock ECU, turbo and engine and never mess with anything so not really needed in my opinion. If i was messing with boost levels and tuning then i would def have one.
ur sig says custom tune. sounds like "messing w/boost" to me.
i picked up a wideband b4 i even had a tune so i knew where my AFR's were prior to the tune. i'm only making 324whp/368tq w/out cams & i use a wideband + ur stock o2 is narrowband so u will also have more flexibility in ur tune which means ur sig can say the car runs 11's...

just my 2 Lincolns.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

also if ur gonna go to the dealer, u might wanna label that tank to prevent this issue again
Old Jan 3, 2008, 06:44 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SlowCar
Dan UCC? snow gets their failsafe from labonte, you can go direct to labonte, might be quicker.

i like the zeitronix zt2 for afr and boost - check them out. also i think you can log flow sensor voltage with it.

snow doesn't get their failsafes from labonte, labonte used to make failsafes FOR snow...they are no longer one in the same, two separate companies...

Quick Reply: dealer filled my meth tank with washerfluid...