Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Injector location

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector location

Been a member here for some time. no longer own a evo but a 1JZGTE powered car

I have a HFS6 aquamist kit. im about to install the kit into my car.

Now where or what way is the best way to install the injectors? or jets?

one before the TB? one in each runner of the inlet manifold? one before the turbo? just trying to get a idea while the engine is out and i have to do extra work.

can i run both like one before turbo and one before TB and so on?

thanks for your help been doing my head in and aquamist forums take ages to reply i guess more people on here
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mount it about 6-8 inches from the throttle body, if running a single or dual nozzle set up. Or you could do a direct port setup with one nozzle on each runner of your intake manifold. I have installed tons of meth setups and I always put a nozzle before the TB.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
yeah one before tb(smaller) and one(bigger) after tb.but u need a solenoid to prevent siphoning.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

OP, I try visiting the aquamist forum daily if time allows. I may have missed your post there.

One of the option is placing the jet as far away from the throttle as possible, contrary to many other wmi makers' advice.

I believe if the atomised spray is allowed more time to mix with the charge air and evaporate as it travels towards the cylinders, cooling and distribution will be better. This is because the dropet size decrease as it evaporates.

Unever cylinder distributions lead to some cyclinders are being over cooled and some others under-cooled. Knock induced retard will be based on the hottest cylinders. If high ratio of methanol is used, unbalanced afr between cylinders is not good.

This opinion is only based on my own experience over the years in the industry. I would very much like to hear from other wmi makers to explain their reasons behind their advice.

One might argue the location of the blow-off valve is the reason for not mounting the jet upstream. Turth is, when the air is travelling at supersonic speed along the inlet tract, a sudden throttle shut off will create a small typhoon within the entire length of inlet tract. Ample of water/methanol mix will blast it way out of any opening, regardless of the location.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:11 AM

So Richard

Your saying the best place to put it is further away from the TB as i can? not in each runner of the inlet manifold?

and not in front of the turbo? the plan was to run a 50/50 mix but i was also thinking straight meth or straight water as im worried about not getting the mix 100% as i cant find washerfluid like the USA people use that is pre mixed
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:57 PM
Former Sponsor

yes, as far away from the throttle, just my opinion for single or twin jet setup.

individual runner does not offer as much IAT cooling but good for even incylinder distribution. This application is not recommended for daily usage unless you have a very accurate flow fault detection capability.

Pre-turbo injection is still in its infancy, there has been a great deal of discussion on the waterinection.info forum, but not conclusive mainly due to lack of proper instrumentation. It does give the impression that it works well and shifting the compressor map towards the right.

If you are going to experiment on water and methanol, do it yourself. It is not that complicated if you do it by mass rather volume.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Did anyone try a small nozzle directly in front of the turbo yet?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
Did anyone try a small nozzle directly in front of the turbo yet?
Yes I did... and it works perfectly for 2 years now!
I very like the results...

Here is this old old old thread of mine : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8407995-post16.html

Last edited by Vigman; Oct 28, 2011 at 10:03 PM.