Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

The time has finally come

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The time has finally come

Well I'll be picking up my new IX within the next couple weeks and I've ran into a bit of a dilemma. I was planning on buying from San Rafael because I've heard nothing but great things about their professionalism and service. I also had plans to get a few little things installed before I drove back to Reno since they have a really cool performance shop right next door. This saves me a bunch of time (which I don't have) on doing some installs which is a big benefit. I called them today thinking that they would be able to give me a really good deal since the so. cal 's are selling evo's for so cheap, but unfortunately this was not the case. I was hoping to pay about 29k plus t.t.l. for a base model IX but they quoted me like $800 over invoice which was like $31,000. Needless to say I was disappointed because I'm already pretty tight and 2k would make a difference. So now I'm debating on going down to South Coast for the great deal but in return I'm losing the great service and convenience. I also don't have any info on SCM's service or how they treat their customers after they buy the car, whereas I have many personal references to SRM and nothing but good reviews. Adding to the list, I wouldn't be able to get my clearbra/installs that I wanted to have done before I drove her back home. I'm not too stoked about racking up 600 long, harsh miles through crappy weather in a brand new car within the first few hours of owning it. So now I'm like wtf should I do. I'm hoping if I just drive down to SRM and negotiate for a while they'll give it to me for what I prefer to pay and then everything would be cool and we'd all live happily ever after. I really don't want to fly to SCM and go through the big hassle but I will if thats what it takes to get the good deal. Any advice would help! Please post your thoughts and experiences so I can just get my evo!!!
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:12 PM
Qmr

29k for base model = RS? Just call in SC Mitsu first to make sure they still have the price for 27k+t.t.l RS . Which would make around 4k difference. If that the case then it work for you to come to SCmitsu. If not, just 2k different ... it still be good if you don't mind the driving. It would be a little dusty for your car but you have extra 2k to put some mods+you don't have to do break in when you get back home. If that the case ask or check around first for some shop show that can do stuff that you want and shop that sell stuff that you like to buy, then 1 trip go there, get everything and comeback. It still be good.
that is my opinion.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

I was hoping to pay about 29-29.5k for the gsr model which I thought was reasonable. I wasn't expecting to get the super low price that South Coast offers but was hoping they'd meet me halfway. Maybe I'll have better luck in person. Thanks for your response
Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:20 PM

Well, when I asked SRM to give me a deal via email for an MR that was remotely close to SCM's deal, I was basically told to f-off. Someone from SCM called me and left a message stating that "they didn't make MRs in 2002" insinuating that only a used Evo would go for that price. That put a bad taste in my mouth, so I didn't even bother taking a trip to SRM and just went to SCM.

The 600mi to Reno is really not that bad. I went with my wife, which helped tremendously with making the ride more enjoyable. I was pretty **** about not getting too close to any cars on the whole trip. Although I had a ton of bugs in the front and windshield, my WW is still prestine w/ no rock chips. Especially with the better weather coming up, there should be less road debris to worry about.

About service... I'm going to try out Allison for my first service @ 3000mi to see how they do. They probably don't do aftermarket installs, but hopefully, they will be a good service station to take the Evo for warranty work if needed. I'll let you know how things go with that.