Notices

April-May-June Pricing for all Members

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2006, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ibid
at least you don't have as far to drive...

I dont' want to drive out all the way to Cali and then find out I can't get swquat for my trade in... I know they use their NADA books and what market resale is to determine trade-in so i want to see what kind of pricing I can get given I give them all the accurate info (one owner, no accidents, options, mileage, etc.)
Thats exactly what I'm holding off for right now, making sure my trade-in won't be upside down . If thats not the case, I'm gold to go pick one up . I'll wait for that reply .
Old Apr 24, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

thanks sandm - that helps a lot.

I hope mark has some tarmac black IX's on the lot next month. If so - it's on like donkey kong.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:08 PM

WOW these deals are very nice but only if they were on the east coast or even better in georgia...
Old Apr 24, 2006, 09:14 PM

in this day and age, location isn't really a problem any more.. especially when buying a new car that has a factory warranty..

we reside in chicagoland but have purchased a diesel truck (dodge) tow vehicle from Dallas, TX... and 2 cars from LA (1 driven home and another trucked home), a car from Grand Rapids, MI (drove there and back to get it) and Phoenix, AZ (the 2006 EVO RS) driven home...

and sold a car to a guy in San Fran area (he trucked it back), sold to someone in Indianapolis, IN, someone else somewhere in Iowa and someone from NYC -- not really a big deal...

Originally Posted by s0lja
WOW these deals are very nice but only if they were on the east coast or even better in georgia...
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:02 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sandm
...and cali tax since I picked it up.

how much is cali tax? I thought that if you're buying out of state, you do not pay their tax and pay your local tax instead when you register it. otherwise, will you be paying taxes twice?
Old Apr 25, 2006, 02:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
how much is cali tax? I thought that if you're buying out of state, you do not pay their tax and pay your local tax instead when you register it. otherwise, will you be paying taxes twice?

this was discussed a few months ago. if you buy the car in cali you MUST pay the cali tax of 7.75%(something real close to that) unless you have the car trailered off the lot by a transport company, going out of state. there is no workaround. they are not like other states. I called my dmv and they stated that since I am paying tax in cali, all they need is to have that represented on the contract and they will not charge tax since it has already been paid. your results may differ. someone else posted that they thought their state would give a refund based on the tax difference, but I have not known any state to ever rebate tax on a purchase out of state.
Mark has a good deal going with das auto to transport the cars, only downside is that you could be looking at up to a month to sign papers and deliver the car based on where you are. pick it up and get the break in miles over before you get home
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Is he actually getting DAS to give a discount, or do you just get a quote on their site?

I would love to get the break in miles done on the way back to Iowa, but the tax is more (5% in Iowa), and I don't think I want to drive that far, on the highway, at one speed, with no cruise control, for the break in miles, lol.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 01:36 PM

MarkM apparently had a family emergency.. not in today either.. oh well
Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:06 PM

well, my trade in a no-go.. oh well... today I learned that there is NO such thing as tax savings on trade in when buying/trading in California.. go figure..

Here in Illinois, you pay the sales tax on ONLY the difference of trade in price.. so if the negotiated new car price is $25k but you get $20k for your trade in, you only pay sales tax on $5k ..this is NOT true in California.

I guess I get to try to sell my car on my own and then see what I can do...
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi to all.....

Im back here at South Coast Mitsubishi if any one wants to get an Evo let me know pls feel free to give me a call anytime @ 1-888-810-5153
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

I let you know, but you never contacted me, so I ended up buying from another Dealership

Originally Posted by evolution_4_all
Hi to all.....

Im back here at South Coast Mitsubishi if any one wants to get an Evo let me know pls feel free to give me a call anytime @ 1-888-810-5153
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:21 AM

get any SSL's in stock yet Mark?
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I called over the weekend but you never returned my call.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Any white IX MR's left???
Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

I'm interested in a Tarmac Black IX GSR ....... any left ??

Preferably non - SSL

Quick Reply: April-May-June Pricing for all Members