Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Just got pulled over.......

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2010, 03:54 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a ticket for my exhaust, but it was because of how loud it was so I just run a 3 foot resonator now and it seems to do the trick. You are in CA though, so I would probably just get a high flow cat to be safe.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont forget.... that as soon as you have it written off as corrected...

PUT THAT BISH BACK ON!!! w/ a HFC. Im running a mil-spec 100 cell... Very nice peice!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nonschlont
read the title, and was like, this guys from CA...
does it say correctable, or non?

If Im wrong, please correct me, but I believe you have 2 options...

1. put the stock exhaust/cat, back on, take it to the courthouse, and have them write it off as corrected. You'll have to pay a small "court fee" should be ~ 10- $20... It should be like a tint ticket...

Or you can just pay the ticket which should be signifigantly higher, than the court fee...

You should consider yourself lucky, he didnt make you pop the hood, and send ya to the ref...

Living in CA sux!... sometimes. When it comes to our evos...
****-tane 91, NO E-85, and popo's are outta hand, trying to make up the defecit, by issuing as many BS tickets as possible...
He put an "x" on the yes box for a correctable violation. He also wrote down 27151 (a or b) VC....I can't read his writing.

Should I be worried about my engine bay? The most noticable things are the ETS stock batt. UICP and ETS intake. Can I get in trouble for those parts?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i hate exhaust tickets, I'm on like number 5 lol. when ever i get pulled over for it i say its my car and that's how i like it, I'm not going to change it for anyone and most of the time i end up getting a tick because i end up being a smart *** lol, i thought this was America and we are aloud to do what we wont. not get tickets cus some lame pig thinks our cars are to loud
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

who isued you the ticket? Local police sheriff or CHP?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:47 PM

What exactly is the problem with having an after market exhaust, yea the noise level may be a little loud but compared to most bikes I see hauling *** everywhere I don't think they get the same treatment
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Local police
Dude was cool as hell, for a second I thought he was going to give me a warning but he still gave me the ticket. At least he wasn't a dick about it.

I'm still not sure what to do though, I think I'm going to call the guys at RRE(my tuners) for more advice.
I really want to keep my carbon-ti......
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoAfterCollege
What exactly is the problem with having an after market exhaust, yea the noise level may be a little loud but compared to most bikes I see hauling *** everywhere I don't think they get the same treatment
Thats Cali for ya, bunch of **** cops out here.
No one ever cares about those big lifted trucks with 5'' exhausts, cops like to mess with the import crowd.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GgreyEVOIX
Local police
I'm still not sure what to do though, I think I'm going to call the guys at RRE(my tuners) for more advice.
I really want to keep my carbon-ti......
You are living in CA, the chances of getting pulled over for modified exhaust is high, put back the oem "cat-back" you have no other choice, and keep the test pipe. when they see you have a stock cat back the chance of getting pulled over again for modified exhaust would be very small.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

I used to live in California and been through all this. I had a full TBE w/ Test Pipe. I just swapped the Cat and Catback out and got it signed off by my local Sheriff's Office. In California (or at least the area I was in) the local police and the CHP will sign off fix-it tickets regardless of which agency issued it.

I attempted the CHP office first, since they didn't charge a $15 check fee, but the D-bag I was dealing with told me I had to remove my window tint before they even signed off on the exhaust ticket. I guess if the Officer (or maybe only Mr. D-bag) sees another obvious violation they will not sign the car off as "legal".

I ended up just going to the Sheriff's Office, left my windows down in the parking lot and paid the $15 to have someone come out and sign off on my fix it violation.

I recommend just swapping your exhaust back to stock, get it signed off, and then reinstall your aftermarket exhaust after everything is taken care of.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 04:10 PM

I wonder if you could carry the ticket with you once its all covered and done with and just show proof that its a stock exhaust lol it might fool some cops
Old Feb 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Thats why I run a cat in my car. That way if they complain, I can say, I have a cat and a muffler. That is all that is needed to be legal. Granted my TBE with BR Bullet muffler is loud, but so what. It has what it needs to be legal. Sorry if you don't like it.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

I think I'm going to put the stock exhaust back on and after I get it to pass I might switch over to the RRE stealth back TBE. I payed a lot for the carbon-ti but I'm starting to think it's not worth the hassel.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

I got a fix-it ticket when I had my tbe. Slapped the stock catback on and got it signed off and paid a $25 fee. Now I'm rockin a Buschur race cbe. No more flashy canisters. lol
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

get out of state tags and forget about it lol

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over.......