Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official UT Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IITTTS ALIIVE!!!! And the turbo is very noisy. It sounds like a jet turbine up front ( I wonder why) and a Jetsons car in the rear lol. I'm in love. But I forgot to install my radiator fan so I have to tear it apart again.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 01:14 PM

Awesome, did you have stock before? What does driving it feel like?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah it was stock Turbo + cams + 3 in ex + hard pipes. Driving normally feels about the same , the spool is a little slower but not too much. You can drive it if you want lol. Although mivec does make some difference.

I did a mini pull to 5500 rpms on 20 psi and it felt pretty awesome. Wont have time or injectors to tune until May when I get out of school.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

so maybe a source of my tcase leaking could be the fact that there was 3 out of the 6 bolts holding it together missing..... stupid people.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 09:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's on your new(sed) car?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by criptballer
so maybe a source of my tcase leaking could be the fact that there was 3 out of the 6 bolts holding it together missing..... stupid people.
Sucks you've had problems with your new car. People are dumb dumbs.

Pulling my evolution off the lot my clutch went out. Obviously the dealership was fixing it. They sent it to some random *** dude that switched the shifting cables backwards and forgot the top tcase o-ring.

Needless to say I ended up fixing it myself. From here on out no one touches my car but me.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Ahh, the joys of buying a modified used car.

If that guy will half-*** something like that, he'll half-*** anything. I'd be doing a very thorough once over on that car..
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by criptballer
Seriously WOW!! That was suppose to have been Shep built too right? It shouldn't be missing any bolts if it was built by Shep unless it wasn't built or it was touched by someone else

Hope you get it figured out.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...njen-licp.html

GET back to stock sale. Everything is cheaper for locals
Old Apr 18, 2011, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brian

that's on your new(sed) car?
yup on my new(sed)car haha

Originally Posted by b16a2delsol
Sucks you've had problems with your new car. People are dumb dumbs.

Pulling my evolution off the lot my clutch went out. Obviously the dealership was fixing it. They sent it to some random *** dude that switched the shifting cables backwards and forgot the top tcase o-ring.

Needless to say I ended up fixing it myself. From here on out no one touches my car but me.
i wouldn't say i've had any problems with it per-say. i knew the car would need some much needed love.

Originally Posted by gear head
Ahh, the joys of buying a modified used car.

If that guy will half-*** something like that, he'll half-*** anything. I'd be doing a very thorough once over on that car..
yeah i guess it's the nature of the beast. if you want something done right do it yourself. and to his defense, he didn't install it a shop did but still.

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
Seriously WOW!! That was suppose to have been Shep built too right? It shouldn't be missing any bolts if it was built by Shep unless it wasn't built or it was touched by someone else

Hope you get it figured out.
it's a shep built tranny. black-ops rebuilt this tcase but they didn't install it. it was a shop in ohio.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

So I'm not sure how many people care, but since the weather is (slowly) approaching warmer climates I started doing some research on Open Track days this season. It looks like SCCA has canceled all their PDXs due mostly to financial issues. So now it is down to Lapping Days, PCA and Lap Battle for true open track time in a non-wheel-to-wheel racing environment.

Lapping Days is great, tons of time, good people, ran really well and smoothly. It's catches are that it is expensive and only run on Mondays.

PCA I've run with a few times and you do run in to the occasional "Porschephile" snob, but for the most part the crowd rocks, and the event is pretty well set up. They only offer space to a limited number of non-Porsches, but if you get together a few peeps so you don't even have to worry about the "snob" factor it's a great event. They only have a few (I think 4 events as I recall, likely equaling 8 days) events this year but it's not bad.

Lap Battle I've never personally done, primarily because for some odd reason it appears the "host" of the event has some personal beef with me. Secondarily because it is set up as a time-trial type event but the classing system is fairly basic and therefore not as competitive as I'd like a "competitive" event to be. There is likely a chance I will make it out to one this year despite those fact simply due to a lack of alternatives, especially considering that despite the second thing it is really the cheapest easiest "HPDE" out there.

I know many of you don't or haven't go(ne) out to the track, and I recommend you ALL go out to at least a Wide Open Wednesday run by MMP. Unless prices have changed this year it's $20 for unlimited laps on the track from around 5pm to 8pm. You take a single lap at a time and certain areas are coned off (no passing the event too) but for $20 it is a worthwhile experience to get out there and try it out. My only complaint is it is geared towards new comers and there is absolutely no form of instruction or help... So if you go to it, give yourself plenty of space between other cars and be careful. I don't care if you don't even have an Evo any more, get out there and try it out in whatever you happen to be driving. The last one I went to I was behind some girl in a regular Mazda 6 who was behind someone in an M6. And I've also never had a bad time out there on the WoW days, except for an issue where the MMP officials didn't state the rules to ANYONE driving in the event, but it was quickly and easily resolved. If I don't make it to a Lap Battle due to shortage of fund (I am looking to buy a house shortly) then I will at least make it to a WoW or two.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Sweet, I to was trying to figure out what my options were. I noticed miller has open trackdays as well. Just moved here from socal and trying to gather my bearings.

On a side note, are there any decent cage builders in this area?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by leetEVO
Sweet, I to was trying to figure out what my options were. I noticed miller has open trackdays as well. Just moved here from socal and trying to gather my bearings.

On a side note, are there any decent cage builders in this area?
only the best cage builder pm or email me -wesc514@gmail.com
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

For the locals buy this stuff
http://www.utahpace.com/forums/showt...8974#post18974

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...210413&cat=593

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...210802&cat=593

Last edited by wesside; Apr 19, 2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Tried posting more stuff on utah pace but it's freezing up and being ****ty so I'm not going to bother anymore today

Quick Reply: ***Official UT Chat Thread***