Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official UT Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Very nice, gotta have the garage, that was a big plus with our place.

One is a Shiba Inu the other is a mini Schnauzer.
Yes a garage is a must as well. Although I wish I could build my own place and have it the way I want.

Jake I love Shiba Inu's! That's the next dog I get when I have my own home.

Originally Posted by UT_Evo

Congrats man. I love homeownership so far (been a little more than a month)

Anyway, I haven't been on much because of household duties and taking care of the puppies and then work has been too busy for me to browse the web...
Congrats on a home Jake. I'm still looking since my price rang is in the poverty category and there are tons of cheap homes right now to look at.

Originally Posted by b16a2delsol
Yes stay red or perhaps a different shade of green lol.....

wes the supercharged M3 I was talking about is red, do you know of him?

And its official Fellas I am the brokest mah fah on the planet. I bought a house

I will be selling myself on state street starting next Sat.

Prices:

$1 for you to touch it.
$2 for me to touch it.
$3 for you to touch it while I touch my toes......
Congrats on the first home I'm still looking for mine. Where are you going to be with your new place and good luck on the corner. Should be plenty busy with those amazing prices
Old Sep 20, 2011, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She's a little **** but I love her. I've wanted one for like 4 years now so I've done tons of research with how terrible they are. Siberian Huskies are easier to train.

And good luck with the search. Just keep looking and you'll find one, Ali and I looked for almost a year total (partly condos then switched to houses) and finally found one suitable. Now we love it. Granted it needs some work on the outside but the inside is perfect.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:18 PM

Any thoughts guys? This is the part that broke on my ACD pump.

Old Sep 21, 2011, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

Mine broke too. The thing that sucks about that is that you can't buy that solenoid by itself. Dealership won't sell it to you. Unless they have changed. I had to find someone on evoM that was selling a pumP assembly from a wrecked car just to get the solenoid off of it. Sucks cause after you replace it you have to bleed the whole system and my car never idled the same.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by sikwititevo9
Mine broke too. The thing that sucks about that is that you can't buy that solenoid by itself. Dealership won't sell it to you. Unless they have changed. I had to find someone on evoM that was selling a pumP assembly from a wrecked car just to get the solenoid off of it. Sucks cause after you replace it you have to bleed the whole system and my car never idled the same.
My pressure sensor is out on my old pump AND my new pump! Fml. I will be looking for 2 of them. There is a replacement in Europe for the ayc unit that may be the same and they are supposedly adjustable??? Sounded strainge, but I might look into that as well. They are like $75. I'm glad you mentioned the idle being messed up cuz my idle is jacked!! It like 1800, 300, 2000, 1200, 600.... So random. I hate it. Lmk if anyone has info on getting these fixed. I'm trying to get tuned, but I have to work out all the bugs first.

Here is a link to the euro sensor - check it out. it may or may not be the correct one

http://www.nr-autosport.com/aftermar...duct.htm?id=63
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:41 AM

[QUOTE=PCSkiBum_21;9618348]Any thoughts guys? This is the part that broke on my ACD pump.

Could you do me a favor... Lmk if your pump will even engage? Like I said, I believe I have a faulty sensor as well, and it causes my pump to do nothing. I hear the relay click and then after 10 seconds of nothing, the lights come on...
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eg6(s)
My pressure sensor is out on my old pump AND my new pump! Fml. I will be looking for 2 of them. There is a replacement in Europe for the ayc unit that may be the same and they are supposedly adjustable??? Sounded strainge, but I might look into that as well. They are like $75. I'm glad you mentioned the idle being messed up cuz my idle is jacked!! It like 1800, 300, 2000, 1200, 600.... So random. I hate it. Lmk if anyone has info on getting these fixed. I'm trying to get tuned, but I have to work out all the bugs first.

Here is a link to the euro sensor - check it out. it may or may not be the correct one

http://www.nr-autosport.com/aftermar...duct.htm?id=63
You're sure it's bled correctly?

Edit: read your post alittle closer...

What codes is it throwing?

I find it odd you installed a known good pump & something is wrong with it(not dismissing that by any means)..the problem more than likely exists in the factory wiring, rely or ECU. Elec over hyd units really aren't that hard to diagnose...bust out that DVOM & trace it down

Last edited by gear head; Sep 21, 2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gear head
Screw that, Flash that ****!
lol that would require him to get an acd pump still. Mechanical is way better for track use as well. V has done that with all the track cars
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Times they are a changing

I can honestly say that after flashing the ACD several times, this system is far better than a mechanical lsd!! The only benefit I can see with the mechanical unit is the weight loss involved.

Right now, I am about 60% of the way to having a map that I feel comfortable leaving in the car full time. I will not go into specifics at this point in time as I'm still working things out as far as getting everything meshing together. I need to hit a few Autox as well as some time out at miller to finish things up.

At this point in time I'm not so confident that you can have a map that will cover all conditions, however, you have 3 different settings in the ECU to cover that.

Stock "Tarmac" maps (Accel on top/ Decel on bottom) in the ECU..

So yes, ACD is much more versatile than a mechanical unit
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:45 PM

how do i test if the pump engages or not? i don't have any lights on the dash, but it has only driven ~15 feet since i hit the wall and that broke. any way that can be welded back to the pump? it's not faulty, just actually broke off.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

no you cannot weld it back to the pump.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:59 PM

if i get a mechanical diff, what do i do for plugging or bypassing the pump lines?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

So Josh can you go all power to the rear? Or mostly ? that'd be fun!

Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PCSkiBum_21
how do i test if the pump engages or not? i don't have any lights on the dash, but it has only driven ~15 feet since i hit the wall and that broke. any way that can be welded back to the pump? it's not faulty, just actually broke off.
A quick way would be key on-engine off & floor the go pedel..you should hear the pump cycle.

Originally Posted by PCSkiBum_21
if i get a mechanical diff, what do i do for plugging or bypassing the pump lines?
To do it right, replace the t-case with a non-ACD unit & just remove all the ACD lines & pump.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wesside
So Josh can you go all power to the rear? Or mostly ? that'd be fun!

By the time I'm done with it I'll have an awd car that will feel like rwd

I have had a few instances where the *** end has snapped out from under me..this **** is sooo much fun to play with!

Quick Reply: ***Official UT Chat Thread***