Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official UT Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Any good local transmission shops?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you do?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 02:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its my first time posting in this thread just saying whats up? i have lived in utah for about a year and a half now. i grew up and lived just outside of philly my whole life. I was wondering if anyone here in UT know of any other good local evo sites/forums where i can get evo parts locally i'm trying to avoid shipping if possible. I live just outside of slc. I'm looking for a new front bumper lip and a new set of wheels that are 17 inch cause i got 2 sets of tires for my evo, one set of winter tires and one set of summer/track tires. also does anyone know of a good paint shop? I wanna get some paint work done on my evo but don't wanna take it to some ****ty macco paint shop. thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by speedfreak24
its my first time posting in this thread just saying whats up? i have lived in utah for about a year and a half now. i grew up and lived just outside of philly my whole life. I was wondering if anyone here in UT know of any other good local evo sites/forums where i can get evo parts locally i'm trying to avoid shipping if possible. I live just outside of slc. I'm looking for a new front bumper lip and a new set of wheels that are 17 inch cause i got 2 sets of tires for my evo, one set of winter tires and one set of summer/track tires. also does anyone know of a good paint shop? I wanna get some paint work done on my evo but don't wanna take it to some ****ty macco paint shop. thanks!
Welcome
Your best bet on a local forum is utahpace.com, its not as active of a forum as this one is, though there are some good threads from time to time.Its also a great site for hearing about weekend cruises and meets. Im not sure about body paint around here but if you're looking to get wheels and accessories done I have heard nothing but great reviews about unknown coatings.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Samuelsan
Any good local transmission shops?
Wtf?

Originally Posted by speedfreak24
Ha, I grew up in Erie

The only paint shop worth a damn is crazy color in Layton.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D-Mon3y69
What did you do?
Stuffs

Originally Posted by gear head
Wtf?
Input shaft is making it difficult to turn
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stowasaurus
Welcome
Your best bet on a local forum is utahpace.com, its not as active of a forum as this one is, though there are some good threads from time to time.Its also a great site for hearing about weekend cruises and meets. Im not sure about body paint around here but if you're looking to get wheels and accessories done I have heard nothing but great reviews about unknown coatings.
Did they fix their problem they were having with their site?

Originally Posted by Samuelsan
Stuffs

Input shaft is making it difficult to turn
Be nice to your car man!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by D-Mon3y69
Did they fix their problem they were having with their site?
No idea. Site is still functional and contact info is still on the site but I do see a little bit of activity on their facebook. hundreds of pictures on there. Like I said though I've only heard great things from friends about them but I've never done business with them.
Also Innovative Garage in salt lake now does powder coating, but I haven't heard from anyone who has gone there.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 08:52 PM

Welcome
avoid like the plauge just google unknown coatings or vincere and youll understand, as far as a good body shop the best one in slc is http://robschmidtautobody.com/ these guys are awsome, they also do quality vynl wraps if your into that.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by DocBoz
avoid like the plauge just google unknown coatings or vincere and youll understand, as far as a good body shop the best one in slc is http://robschmidtautobody.com/ these guys are awsome, they also do quality vynl wraps if your into that.

Wow I had no idea about that stuff, I just have a buddy who got a set of wheels done there and had no issues, but after reading all shady stuff on other forums I change my stance thanks for turning me on to those, ill definitely think twice about referring people there.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

He does good work most of the time but don't plan on getting your stuff back anytime soon. He can take forever and has horrible communication skills most of the time.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you're looking to get wheels and accessories done I have heard nothing but great reviews about unknown coatings.
no no no no no. that guy is a gigantic **** head... :shakesfist:

edit: i see it's already been covered haha.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:04 AM

HELP. My cars safety and emissions were up last month, and I need to get my car registered. I'm throwing a CEL for my rear O2. I'd like to just turn it off rather then replace it. Does anybody in the SLC area have ECU flash, and a cable that would be willing to turn that O2 off for me? I'll give you some cash, I'd just rather not throw $200 at something that I don't need.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:04 PM

Bunch of stuff for sale -- interior part out, turbo, I/C, steering wheel, undertray, etc for CHEAP. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/we...i-c-250-a.html
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

Around 3am after driving on icy I-15 and pulling into my driveway.
Attached Thumbnails ***Official UT Chat Thread***-snow-ralliart.jpg  

Quick Reply: ***Official UT Chat Thread***