Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

what do you do when youre going to be stuck in hawaii? You build

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geminibby
I thought mine being year and a half was bad...(bow down) I'm not worthy

I'm hoping for christmas. I want to think that BR will be starting on the car next week. The turbo should be there. I may call tomorrow (if they're open) and see if it did. It would be perfect to get it during my christmas standdown so that I have time to do logs at night, email to mellon and have a reply during the day to go and check out the tune. Also, I can get all the registration/safety inspections done w/o having to take off from work.
i know never went home to vegas for a vacation during those 3 years been busy at work especially going out to sea so much. I wish I can do the same thing too for registration and inspection so that when it gets there i dont need to worry about that lol.

hey are coilovers ok in hawaii? i have the JIC FLT's dont know which ones until i send it to RRE to have them check it.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

BR started the worklist. Shouldn't be too long before its done and have some numbers to post up.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

well, apparently I have some pretty bad engine knock, and it seems as though its been there for a while and a previous tuner never said a word.

I'm not going to be posting any numbers since I'll be having the car shipped out here so I can see about finding the culprit. I personally feel bad and ashamed that I wasted some of David's time today looking at the tune.
There's a thread on here where a guy has a fp black w/supporting mods and only made 350hp. the guy was happy with the tune, but knows/told that the power should be higher. David made a comment about seeing more and more issues with evos and results in them not being able to be tuned optimally. I feel as though, I'm in that group now. The only engine work done on the car was by topspeed in atlanta. No one else has touched the engine itself. So I'm not sure where to go from here. I feel that right now, as much as I would like to keep the car at BR to figure it out, i may go ahead and have it shipped out to hawaii. This way I'll have the car here and have the time to tear it down and see if we can figure it out. what a way to start the weekend.