Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

WORKS O2 housing dyno results

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WORKS O2 housing dyno results

Now here are the results and my mods:

04 Evo SSL
AMS TBE
AMS upper and lower IC piping
AMS intercooler
AMS FLash
HKS RS Intake
I was putting down 314 AWHP 293TQ on my last flash and after installing the WORKS O2 housing and 10.5" Hotside my numbers are now: 292AWHP 291 TQ

I changed my plugs the day before the flash and install and also changed out my oil to AMSOIL. I have not done ANYTHING different than this. So in reality I lost pretty close to 22 AWHP from one thing or the other.

AMS is going to run some checks on my vehicle before I come to any conclusions. They will do a leak down and compression checks and put in new plugs, and strap her up to the dyno again. I will make my conclusions then.

I hope this is not the reason that there has not been any dynos posted about the WORKS O2 housing.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by revvin9k; Jun 28, 2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by revvin9k
Now here are the results and my mods:

04 Evo SSL
AMS TBE
AMS upper and lower IC piping
AMS intercooler
AMS FLash
HKS RS Intake
I was putting down 314 AWHP 293TQ on my last flash and after installing the WORKS O2 housing and 10.5" Hotside my numbers are now: 292AWHP 291 TQ

I changed my plugs the day before the flash and install and also changed out my oil to AMSOIL. I have not done ANYTHING different than this. So in reality I lost pretty close to 22 AWHP from one thing or the other.

AMS is going to run some checks on my vehicle before I come to any conclusions. They will do a leak down and compression checks and put in new plugs, and strap her up to the dyno again. I will make my conclusions then.

I hope this is not the reason that there has not been any dynos posted about the WORKS O2 housing.

Stay tuned.
i think we are still waiting for d/b and his test. im ****ing pissed if this is the outcome. 450.00 bucks not looking good here. maby you hjave a boost leak or you should go back to the same plug gap and oil you had when you 1`st dyno'ed the 315/293 run. make the spark plug gap the same as well. how much boost was you running then and now. more info needed here.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am in the same boat. It is very important to make a compresion test and do the spark plugs. I want to Dyno my car as well, I haven't since I added the Works o2 housing however I don't think I would loose 22whp. You might have a boost leak.

My last two visits to the dyno I went from max WHP@ 28psi on stock intercooler to a max whp @24psi on the Nissei. The boost can make a world of difference.

Carlos
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i think we are still waiting for d/b and his test. im ****ing pissed if this is the outcome. 450.00 bucks not looking good here. maby you hjave a boost leak or you should go back to the same plug gap and oil you had when you 1`st dyno'ed the 315/293 run. make the spark plug gap the same as well. how much boost was you running then and now. more info needed here.

22psi w/ 93oct. Like I said above, AMS is going over the car very well to check for anything that may have caused this loss in power. I doubt it's a boost leak because it was holding 22psi on the dyno. These are my preliminary findings though, I will let AMS look over my vehicle and get back to me. AS of right now, you better believe i'm a little upset.

All this time this O2 housing has been out and NO ONE has seen any results...... is this the reason why? Or maybe it's my car......
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:17 PM

Finally some real dyno numbers!! of course I'm being sarcastic.

As much as I don't like the price/power ratio of the WORKS O2 housing, I don't think you should be seeing a loss in power and certainly not a 22 whp loss!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

22psi w/ 93oct. Like I said above, AMS is going over the car very well to check for anything that may have caused this loss in power. I doubt it's a boost leak because it was holding 22psi on the dyno. These are my preliminary findings though, I will let AMS look over my vehicle and get back to me. AS of right now, you better believe i'm a little upset.

All this time this O2 housing has been out and NO ONE has seen any results...... is this the reason why? Or maybe it's my car......
well i just did a boost test and i was holding boost fine but now i found aleak or 8 of them. i fixed them now i hold boost even better so you may have a leak. im hoping something is rong. but maby its the o2 housing. i dont meen i hope your car is broke i meen i hope it is a leak or something from install or you did.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

-12 hp and -2 ft lbs of torque for 450 shipped!!!!!!!!

Where do I send my check?

Scorke
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

well i just did a boost test and i was holding boost fine but now i found aleak or 8 of them. i fixed them now i hold boost even better so you may have a leak. im hoping something is rong. but maby its the o2 housing. i dont meen i hope your car is broke i meen i hope it is a leak or something from install or you did.

I am methodical with my car. It never goes to the track and it sits in my garage unless I drive the 15 miles to my buddies house. I change the oil every 2000 miles religously and it is maintained beyond belief. I am hoping it's a boost leak or something with the plugs because if it's not, I just pissed away a lot of money only to go backwards.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
-12 hp and -2 ft lbs of torque for 450 shipped!!!!!!!!

Where do I send my check?

Scorke

Lets wait for the end results before we start flinging poo like animals.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

i just saw a thread that d/b said testing is done. he will make a thread about it. he posted that post at 4:01pm
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

i just saw a thread that d/b said testing is done. he will make a thread about it. he posted that post at 4:01pm

Link please.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Is someone from the Works team going to chime in othis one?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=208826
Old Jun 28, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Is someone from the Works team going to chime in othis one?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=208826
i would also like to know what work's will say.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

i would also like to know what work's will say.

I'm so against the housing now, that i'm actually gonna pay once again to have the damn thing removed and have the stocker put back on.

How the hell does an ebay housing perform better than a one that has had so much "extensive testing" done to it? Some one really needs to chime in on this ASAP.

Though their customer service is #1, thats not why we choose manufacturers. We choose em for the hope of getting the best quality part that performs. Great customer service can only take you so far.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Wow! That really sucks if you lost 22whp with Works outlet. If it's a lesson learn, $450 is one expensive lesson. Maybe that's why Tomei and Mine's outlet are so expensive.

Quick Reply: WORKS O2 housing dyno results