Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

WORKS Exhale Cat-Back SALE!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 01:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From right now till July 31st the Exhale AB with Limited Edition tip and Exhale IP are only $699 when purchased together as a package (retail $748).

To make an awesome deal even better, local customers can get 50% off install labor! For people that want to have it shipped to them, ground is FREE within the continental United States!

We don’t have very many left, give us a call to get yours today.

http://www.worksrally.com/products/0214.html#

415-641-9675

Last edited by TylerO@WORKS; Jul 7, 2004 at 01:48 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 09:00 PM

Hey Tyler,

very interested in the full exhaust (deal mentioned above plus downpipe). is there anything special i should know about a DIY install before i call up and order... i assume it doesn't need removal of too many parts, except of course the old exhaust, and should require only basic tools and a decent chunk of time and patience?

Also, is there anyone down here in SoCal you could recommend to install your cams and still maintain the WORKS warranty... San Fran is a bit of a drive! any idea of what it costs to get the cams installed (with you guys and with others).

and lastly, do you know when WORKS will next be in SoCal, so i could get the flash to go with the CAMS and full exhaust.

thanks,
warren
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CanyonEvo
Hey Tyler,

very interested in the full exhaust (deal mentioned above plus downpipe). is there anything special i should know about a DIY install before i call up and order... i assume it doesn't need removal of too many parts, except of course the old exhaust, and should require only basic tools and a decent chunk of time and patience?

Also, is there anyone down here in SoCal you could recommend to install your cams and still maintain the WORKS warranty... San Fran is a bit of a drive! any idea of what it costs to get the cams installed (with you guys and with others).

and lastly, do you know when WORKS will next be in SoCal, so i could get the flash to go with the CAMS and full exhaust.

thanks,
warren
We include instructions and all the hardware you will need for all of our products, including the Exhale exhaust system. A little silicone spray can help you get the hangers off and back on.

You have PM.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

I really would consider this exhaust, but I have yet to hear what it sounds like. Just seems like it would be too loud with no muffler. I have the WORKS P2 and I would very much like to stay with WORKS products, but the exhaust is a debate in my mind.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 02:17 PM

No messenger access from work. are you at the works number now? (415 641 9675). if so i'll give you a call this afternoon.

thanks,
warren
Old Jul 8, 2004, 02:23 PM

sorry tyler, didn't understand your previous post. got the PM and will call soon.

thanks!
warren
Old Jul 8, 2004, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by caymandiver75
I really would consider this exhaust, but I have yet to hear what it sounds like. Just seems like it would be too loud with no muffler. I have the WORKS P2 and I would very much like to stay with WORKS products, but the exhaust is a debate in my mind.
There is a video clip of the WORKS Exhale right over here on NorCalEvo. Just so you know, this is the loudest version of the WORKS exhale available (no reversion cone, no resonator on the intermediate pipe). w00t!

Last edited by jansolo; Jul 9, 2004 at 10:19 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 03:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jansolo
There is a video clip of the WORKS Exhale right over here on NorCalEvo.
If this is to loud for you, you may want to consider the New STEALTH WORKS muffler. More on that soon.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

That thing sounds like a track only car. Sounds good though, loud and rough.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TylerO@WORKS
If this is to loud for you, you may want to consider the New STEALTH WORKS muffler. More on that soon.

Now you have my attention! I'll hold off on buying something else until I hear more about the stealth muffler option. I already heard the exhaust sound from norcalevo.net and that is for sure not the way I want my car to sound.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 01:04 PM
Account Disabled

The WORKS Stage II setup is actually designed for Track use considering the IP 70mm is straight thru (no resonator) and the AB has no ARC (Anti-Reversion Cone). The IP 76mm has a 16" full length custom resonator with a very sophisticated long-lasting expansion joint which mellows out the dbs and makes the sound very sporty.
The ARC is an option that will reduce the dbs even more. It is a lightweight modular insert that slips into all of our ABs. It's 100% T-304 Stainless and can be swapped in and out in less than a minute.

Lastly, the Steatlhworks Muffler is now shipping! We are going to be posting the details later today.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Does WORKS offer (or plan to offer) test pipes or high flow cats?
Old Jul 11, 2004, 04:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kdogg
Does WORKS offer (or plan to offer) test pipes or high flow cats?
Yes, WORKS will be coming out with a resonated test pipe as part of the WORKS Racing Program.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EM@WORKS
The WORKS Stage II setup is actually designed for Track use considering the IP 70mm is straight thru (no resonator) and the AB has no ARC (Anti-Reversion Cone). The IP 76mm has a 16" full length custom resonator with a very sophisticated long-lasting expansion joint which mellows out the dbs and makes the sound very sporty.
The ARC is an option that will reduce the dbs even more. It is a lightweight modular insert that slips into all of our ABs. It's 100% T-304 Stainless and can be swapped in and out in less than a minute.

Lastly, the Steatlhworks Muffler is now shipping! We are going to be posting the details later today.
Can you elaborate a bit more on that insert that slips into all the AB's? I can't imagine what the heck that looks like or how it works and how it is installed.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

As well as a high-flow cat that doesn't throw a CES and has a certified heat shield. Look out for the WORKS Racing Products by the end of the summer.

Quick Reply: WORKS Exhale Cat-Back SALE!