Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Authorized Mitsubishi Modification Sticker

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Authorized Mitsubishi Modification Sticker

I have only had my Lancer Ralliart about a week now and I absolutely love the car however I have noticed some things like it was in some sort of accident so CARFAX is a freaking joke. Well today while checking my oil, I see a sticker that I never noticed before that says Authorized Mitsubishi Modification and it has a part number on it that is 1860B485 which is from what I could find online an ECU or EMU. Why this was replaced I have no idea. It was done on 5/15/2014 and there is a dealer code number that is 49046.

Anyone out there have any clue what this could have been or any ideas how to find out the actual dealer by the code that did the work so I can call them.

I am surely hoping I did not buy a certified lemon from Bergstrom here in Wisconsin.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 05:24 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Should be post #17...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...essions-2.html
Old Oct 23, 2014, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by .M.

.M. thank you for the update on this. I just got off the phone with the Mitsubishi rep where I live and asked him about this also. My concern was the battery was replaced in the car when we bought it last week and I was wondering if that flash would be erased with the new battery. He told me no because it is a software update and it will not effect it by changing the battery on the car. Is this true?

The dealership here is truly taking good care of me. They straightened out a misprint on my contract with the warranty and I get this all in writing next week. My car only has a little over 28k on it now and the car was bought new in March of 2012 so the factory bumper to bumper warranty is good until March 2017 or 60k and I get a certified used car warranty from Mitsubishi for 10 years (2022) or 100k on the powertrain. I think this is an awesome deal and the dealership here backs it up in writing for me.

He also informed me that as long as I use Mitsubishi OEM parts such as parts off the EVO like the intercooler, turbo, down pipe etc. etc. it will never void the warranty.

Hope this is true.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 06:07 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cmb70
.M. thank you for the update on this. I just got off the phone with the Mitsubishi rep where I live and asked him about this also. My concern was the battery was replaced in the car when we bought it last week and I was wondering if that flash would be erased with the new battery. He told me no because it is a software update and it will not effect it by changing the battery on the car. Is this true?
It's true. You're good. Don't worry about it
Old Oct 24, 2014, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by .M.
It's true. You're good. Don't worry about it

Thanks. I see you are in Chicago. Cool, I am only 3 to 4 hours north of you. I am in Appleton WI. I hope to get my car down to AMS next year and have it tuned once I get all my OEM parts (EXO X Turbo Conversion).

I am doing a ton of reasearch on tuning and all the necessary cables, programs etc. now so I can learn to data log and tune myself in the future. I found a write up from Merlins EVO X and Ralliart tuning that is very useful so far and am studying it daily to learn.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey dont mean to thread jack or anything, i just have been looking for local ralliarts/evos to get together somtime in my area, i live in illinois as well right by the il/ws border. kenosha area. its my gfs ralliart but she has given me authorization to make mods.
good see that mitsu doesnt mind evo x parts on the ralliart. i just recently got an evo x bpv for $50 shipped . cheers!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 03:56 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Always good to see locals on here. I've been seeing a good amount of Ralliarts on the road lately