Notices

Need some 2011 Evo X MR tuning wisdom

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some 2011 Evo X MR tuning wisdom

I've had my 2011 MR tuned twice by a shop in Kansas City. Once after exhaust and intake were installed and again after downpipe, and testpipe, and I also installed my AEM gauges.

They didn't make any changes to the SST transmission tables so when I'm driving in normal mode so when it shifts gears it feels like it has a slight pause, but if I'm in sport mode or manual mode this doesn't happen.

So my question is when a shop that is experienced tuning MRs or Ralliarts with SST transmissions do they always do something with the SST tables to make the tune really be of more value?

Couple more things is that in first gear I can't tell if I have the boost limiter still but I think I do because 1st gear is very sluggish and I am wondering if a tune should have adjusted this to be 100% boost?

I'd like to see if it's possible for me to export my tune and so others could see it and see all that was modified on it, can anyone walk me through the process?

Thanks,
Old Aug 29, 2014, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

i had been throught the similar situation. my previous tuner didnt change anything in the sst table, and i ended up to blown the tranny.
there are couple guys that can help you, baka, chet and beeble. however baka and chet will not modifiy current tuned you have, you will have to start over a brand new tune with them.
beeble will do modify whatever tune you have now and you can go from there.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

So do you think without modifying the SST table on mine I could end up with a blown transmission? I'm tuned for 330 awhp and about 320 aw torque.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It depends on how you drive the car. In normal mode, the clutch pressure is lower and shift time is also slower, so if you go out there there flooring the car in normal mode, you would be pretty stupid. Fast way to burn out the clutch. S-Sport mode is what you want to be doing that in. Faster gear changes and greater clutch pressure. My MR has 290kw at the wheels which is around 390 hp at the wheels. I have upped my clutch pressure but never drive it remotely hard in normal or sport mode, only ssport for hard driving. For what you have, you could technically have the sst tables stock and be fine. Just drive in ssport mode