Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Difference between headers/manifolds?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2005, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Difference between headers/manifolds?

hey , was just wondering what the difference between headers and manifolds are, what is the best to get for an evo 8? i plan on upgrading the stock headers and don't know what route to go with.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

This will help you in your search.

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/posting.html
Old Feb 7, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jj_008
This will help you in your search.

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/posting.html
funny as hell, but rude as hell. everyone has to learn some time...
Old Feb 7, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

lmao that is funny...lol...sry bluntedfool...itz kinda rude...but come on...every noob gets picked on
Old Feb 7, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IOevo
funny as hell, but rude as hell. everyone has to learn some time...
Fine. I will use the search function for him.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...aring+manifold

This is a good thread on manifold design.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 08:27 PM

i really don't care, i have a life besides posting, i wanted an answer for a quick question, i did search and didn't really find the answers that would help me out, if i thought jj_008 was better then me maybe i would care.. but he's not worth it..
Old Feb 8, 2005, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
a header is an exhaust manifold... other names are mani IM or EM and SMIM sheet metal intake mani... but header is used exclusively to interchange with exhaust manifold only.

best mani... seems like everyone likes the ones that www.full-race.com makes. good manis are pricey. there are other manis... ssautochrome aka hks knockoff aka ebay mani is popular and cheap. rnr is about to jump on this thread and show you pictures so about 15 idiots can say ooooh omg rnr mani is SOOO nice... omg i want that. cuz i'm sure in the search link above there's about 15 posts exactly like that.

hks mani not worth it, cracks proven. ss is thicker... jic mani cracks proven... rnr inconsistent work and good luck trying to get it on right (this is only what i've heard from the socal community).

cast manis are bulletproof... you can't break 'em. stocker is magnificent for reliability, porting polishing and extrude honing is cheap compared to a fully built "stainless" or tubular header. keep in mind that your exhaust ports are not circles... but ovals... hence another advantage of cast. aps makes a cast long runner design header for stock turbo. buschur makes a cast mani for i believe t3 flange turbo chargers, already enlarged and ported and what not or whatever (actually he's so proud of the design that he refuses to port them).

there's another thread that i posted in that i don't feel like look for that there was another builder of really good equal length manis dammit i can't remember the name but he built one for robi and he was critisizing rnr cuz their's isn't truly el or wahtever iunno. but that's another option for almost 1000 bucks. k i looked for it... the maker is shearer...

and i also posted in that thread that there is a prototype cast long tube inconnel header coming out i believe it is also t3 flanged and ext gated.

something to keep in mind, and this is for malibujack... the jic mani and the stock mani are the only ones that have twin scroll provisions and maybe hte hks and the ssautochrome (i believe...).

i hope all this helps... sorry if i'm a lil cynical.

Last edited by trinydex; Feb 8, 2005 at 03:50 AM.