Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mr Freeze injection kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Freeze injection kit

I was talking to some people and they mentioned this alcohol/meth/water injection kit that does not use electric pumps but is rather powered by boost pressure. Wanted to know if anyone has it. I was thinking about this for my set up but wanted to get some input from you all as to what you think.

Heres the info:

AFM Mr. Freeze Methanol/Water Injection Kit
Engineered by Anderson Ford Motorsport, Mr. Freeze is a universal methanol/water injection kit designed specifically for both carbureted/EFI supercharged and turbocharged applications only. Mr. Freeze is the most cost efficient and highly effective methanol/water injection kit on the market. Being activated by boost and metered by jetting, Mr. Freeze is easily optimized. Mr. Freeze is an easy bolt on for all centrifugal supercharges and turbochargers. In initial testing, AFM has documented up to as much as 90 additional rear wheel horsepower using 93-octane pump gas. With the proper tuning and 100 octane racing gas, Mr. Freeze was capable of an additional 115 rear wheel horsepower on a mid 650 horsepower Mustang. Higher horsepower gains are achievable on higher horsepower applications. Find out what Mr. Freeze can do for you.

100+ Horsepower With Windshield Wiper Fluid
That’s right! Simply use windshield wiper fluid and that’s it. No need for expensive fluids made by other companies. However, don’t just use any type of windshield wiper fluid with your Mr. Freeze. You will want to use windshield wiper fluid rated for –20 degrees or greater below zero. It’s this type of windshield wiper fluid that contains METHANOL to keep it from freezing. It’s also the important ingredient that produces the cooling effect thus dropping your air charge temperatures and consequently increasing power and allowing you to run more timing and less fuel. Here’s the best part you can purchase the methanol/water mix for as low as $3.79 by Motorcraft.

Complete & Ready to Run!
This system comes complete with instructions and everything needed to install and run on your supercharged or turbocharged application minus the fluid. Installation is a breeze, no pun intended, requiring approx. 30-45 minutes to install. Mr. Freeze methanol/water injection kits deliver maximum value for your performance dollar making it a must have for every turbocharged or supercharged applications.

Industry’s Most Cost Effective Methanol Injection Kit
That’s right! This is the industry’s only methanol/water injection kit under $190.00. This highly effective cost efficient unit does not require electric pumps, switches, relays, fuses or electrical wiring harness’s as do all other competitors systems. Thereby making this not only the most cost effective and easiest to install system on the market but also the most reliable as there are no pumps, fuses, switches or ugly wiring harness’s to worry about failing. Offering horsepower gains comparable to competitors much more complex systems.

Features Include:

1 3/4 quart tank
All necessary tubing, hardware and jet
60 degree drop in air charge temperature
Increases octane by several points
Allows for higher levels of boost then normally achiavable without
Allows for increased timing

Important Notes:

Requires only basic hand tools to install
Failure to retune the application can result in a loss of horsepower power as it will raise the air/fuel ratio a full point.

Options Available:

None

Installation Time:

Installation time approx. 30-45 minutes
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Got a website?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Sure, I wasnt sure if I should add it or not, I didnt want anyone to think that I was trying to promote something, or anything like that.

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/mr-freeze.html

caelin~
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

looks interesting.... don't know how easy it would be to fit under the hood of the evo though, mounting it in the trunk woudn't be a good idea as the boost signal would deteriorate.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Why would the boost signal deteriorate?

I don't see how thats possible, unless your vacuum tubing leaks throughout...

I only saw one post about it by a user on a forum, and it was negative, he said he returned it.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

When I read the article I was wondering if mounting it in the trunk would be a good place. If it needs to be in the engine bay, I wonder where in the heck I could put it. The whole system did seem a little odd shaped.

Aside from that, do you think that there are any draw backs to a system like this. I have only ever seen systems that incorperate an electrical pump. The system above hasnt seen a lot of advertisment, would that be due to not being an efficent of good system?

caelin~
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone else?

caelin~
Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Just thought this up while brainstorming...

Julio at alkycontrol.com suggests setting the turn on point of their kits at a pretty low level, I think he said ~ 3 PSI, because if you start it later, then the pump has to work substanitally harder in order to pump the alky into an already pressurized space (the UICP). In other words, the pump is working against the turbo.

So, with the Mr. Freeze kit, the pressure in the resivior is going to be the same as the charge pipe, so I believe this would lead to incredibly poor atomization, and poor preformance in general.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Moreboost is right. Boost pressure is not enough to atomize the alcohol.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

hmm, now would the turbo that is used in the application and the amount of total boost going to run change any of this? I have a full T4 35R, and would prolly run in excess of 26psi with this.

I really want to understand all this. I have an AEM, and figured that it could be tuned for all theese vairables. I take it that this kit isnt a good one to go with? What happens if the boost inst enough to atomize the alcohol? Would it be detromental to the motor?

caelin~
Old Aug 18, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How in the hell can you spray something using boost pressure when the atmosphere you are spraying into is under the exact same pressure? It can't possibly work that way. Maybe it's ACTIVATED by boost pressure, but it can't be powered by boost pressure...maybe it's powered by a perpetual motion machine?
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Well almost all my friends drive mustangs, and these are really popular... but only with superchagers. My buddy that owns a dyno just down the street from my house had this system on his 10 sec. Mustang and blew a headgasket last year.... I forget exactly what happen, something with the valve thingy... I'll check back with him and let you guys know I know they DO NOT recommened this kit for turbo cars... only blower cars. It has something to do with injecting the alky before the charger and you CAN NOT use an intercooler with this kit. If you did this with a turbo car you would fill the intercooler with water and it would become a sanna

Last edited by vwjeff; Aug 18, 2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
... only blower cars.
That makes sense. Blowers bolt directly to the intake manifold. Everything before the blower is in vacuum and thus the boost would be able to atomize the alky because of a greater pressure differential. Turbos like ours just dont work the same. Most of our piping is after the turbo, and typically our Alky kits are plumbed after the turbo. I wouldn't want water injected before it entered my turbo.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Brian my buddy just stopped by and I was asking him about the kit, and he was telling me the signal line came off the bottle accuator, that is how his Mustang blew up.
And yes we looked at the log sheets and at 20 psi on hi blower inlet temps were about 90 and outlet was 200, this mr.freeze kit dropped out let temps 100 degree's
Old Aug 19, 2006, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

ok guys thanks for all the input, guess I will forget about this then.

caelin~