Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Clunking sound at idle?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clunking sound at idle?

I recently had some parts installed on my car and tuned.... I have always had this clunking sound when making a left hand turn but now I have the same clunk once the car warms up and is idling ruff about 700rpm. It doesn't clunk until things warm up and then you hear a clunking sound when it idles. I have read about the suspension clunk and CV joint clunk.... Would any of these 2 things happen just when the car is idling ruff? If I raise the idle by giving it some gay it goes away. It is comming from the driver side front wheel area.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 07:12 AM

I'am having the same problem???
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:38 AM

I had the same problem, clunk/knock sound coming from driver side wheel/firewall area, in my case, it's more like something loose, worse when AC is on, or when ambient temperature is high (perfectly silence when below 35 degree) took me a while to try to find it, but finally think I find the source, the side marker wiring is just sitting between the outside fender and the wheel well plastic cover, there is nothing holding it in place, I took the plastic wheel well off, get some duck tape, tape down the side marker wire,(just to be sure, I tape down the hood relase cable and another wire, not sure what that is), noise is gone for now. hope this help
Old Dec 12, 2006, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Mmm... In teresting.... There is also a squeeking sound comming from inside the car. Sound like from the center console. Will tape fix that too? :P
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dumb_Dog
I had the same problem, clunk/knock sound coming from driver side wheel/firewall area, in my case, it's more like something loose, worse when AC is on, or when ambient temperature is high (perfectly silence when below 35 degree) took me a while to try to find it, but finally think I find the source, the side marker wiring is just sitting between the outside fender and the wheel well plastic cover, there is nothing holding it in place, I took the plastic wheel well off, get some duck tape, tape down the side marker wire,(just to be sure, I tape down the hood relase cable and another wire, not sure what that is), noise is gone for now. hope this help

+1