Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Stock Bluetooth Mic

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I would pull the map light/microphone assembly down. You should see a two wire connector with one pink wire and one blue wire.

A microphone is just a speaker in reverse. It is not a power wire and a ground...
(and the polarity is not important in this application)

I agree with deanob, best/easiest solution is to (if you can fit it) use the new microphone in the place of the old (OEM) one...
Old May 13, 2014, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deanob
From what I remember the oem mic kinda sucked, you're better off just removing it and placing the aftermarket mic in the location of the oem mic. Someone here did it with a zip tie and worked perfectly.
Tried this, I routed the Pioneer Mic into the OEM location and people still say the ambient noise is terrible and makes it hard for them to hear me. I went a step further and got some Mic foam and lined the OEM location a little to see if that would help and it hasn't either.

I'm interested in seeing if you can use the OEM mic setup, with an aftermarket head deck and is the sound quality actually any better?
Old May 13, 2014, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
well... I put the new mic that came with the Pioneer APPradio2 on the d/s pillar and have had no complaints...
Old May 13, 2014, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Veronica
well... I put the new mic that came with the Pioneer APPradio2 on the d/s pillar and have had no complaints...
Yeah done this one as well and had the same issue. the exact same setup in my old MazdaSpeed6 had no ambient noise issues, my wifes MazdaSpeed3 has exactly the same setup as well and no ambient noise issues, it only shows up in the Evo, no matter where I try and put the mic ....
Old May 14, 2014, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put my pioneer mic on the sun visor and its clear as day.
Old May 15, 2014, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most (if not all) aftermarket stereos use just 2 wires in their mics. As stated before, a mic is just a speaker in reverse, so the 2 wires are for signal + and -, respectively. To use the factory mic, run the new mic cable that comes with the new stereo to the small panel that holds the map lights (and sunroof control if so equipped). From there, chop new mic off new cable (dont worry you can easily reattach it) and hook it up to the factory mic. Should be just a 2 wire job, and you wont burn or blow out anything if you hook it up backwards during testing. Hope this helps!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 06:29 AM

I don't know if this question belongs in here persay however. I have an 08 GSR without bluetooth and volume steering wheel controls. If I get a steering wheel from a newer model can I attach the newer steering wheel with volume buttons and bluetooth buttons and have it work correctly. Or will I have to do some wiring work behind the steering column to the radio? Or is the radio even capable of doing this due to it not being equipped with it.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:09 AM

mjev8 , I think you will also need the Bluetooth module that goes to the audio system. The wiring, instead , should be already there pre routed
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:15 AM

Btw , seems interesting to go deeper about the "noise cancelling" capabilities.
Anyone has worked out a way to gain some dB , apart moving the Mic in a closer position to the driver?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 02:05 PM

mjev8 , I think this could be handy :

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...evo-x-gsr.html