Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

P0219 code and only has 2,500 miles. =[

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2013, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0219 code and only has 2,500 miles. =[

My car is pulling two codes, p0219 and p0171. The first one is engine overspeed and the second one is car running lean. My concern is did i damage anything in the engine and if so is it going to cost a lot of money? Im soo worried and nervous because i just got this car and im freaking out.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you have reason to be concerned, but with only 2,500 miles why don't you take it to the dealer? Your sig says you have a 2010 MR, did you buy it used and already modified? What mods do you have? What did you do to cause the overspeed condition? You have to explain these things; people can't read your mind.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by lowkey
I think you have reason to be concerned, but with only 2,500 miles why don't you take it to the dealer? Your sig says you have a 2010 MR, did you buy it used and already modified? What mods do you have? What did you do to cause the overspeed condition? You have to explain these things; people can't read your mind.
I forgot to update, i own a 2012 gsr. The only mod i have is a ultimate racing cat back exhaust. I bought it used and apparently it had no mods but something is up with the ecu because its over boosting. And i have never over revved the engine
Old Jul 22, 2013, 01:45 PM

Your car needs a tune but don't compromise any warranty you might have. First ask the dealer to do a compression test, take it to a tuner shop or do it yourself.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 02:12 PM

I have a appointment wednesday to get a tune with akuma motorsports. An i also have an appointment tomorrow at a mitsubishi dealership. So what should i tell the mitsu dealership? To just do a compression test an touch nothing else? I mean i am going to assume teh will see the CEL and scan them and see both codes and trouble shoot it their way...right?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by roydollabill
I have a appointment wednesday to get a tune with akuma motorsports. An i also have an appointment tomorrow at a mitsubishi dealership. So what should i tell the mitsu dealership? To just do a compression test an touch nothing else? I mean i am going to assume teh will see the CEL and scan them and see both codes and trouble shoot it their way...right?

Let the dealer troubleshoot their way, but you can also ask for a compression test and they might charge you extra. But seriously, tuning the car means stressing the motor and I won't do that without at least a compression test beforehand. If Akuma knows about the overspeed CEL, they might even insist on doing it too, to make sure you don't blame them later over something they did not have control.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

We will be happy to go over the car and check all of the usual suspects before we tune. Then we will update this thread, assuming the OP wants that done.

John