Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Getting my evo track "ready" opinions plz

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
So...even though people warned you about the safety of your engine you bought ohlins first? You should drive the car stock first so you can see how it handles out the gate, and then when you make changes to the setup you can tell if you actually helped or hurt the performance of the suspension. Also seat time is more important then the coilovers everytime.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
No, that is just the install kit, you also need the surge tank itself.

Check out my write up I did awhile back: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...fuel-rail.html

at the very least you need the install kit PLUS the surge tank.
If I buy maps full surge tank kit by radium (https://www.maperformance.com/collec...tsubishi-evo-x)

And I can also get a good deal on that same fuel pump controller with a built in map sensor.

Will rickerman have to readjust my tune after installing these parts?

Is there anything in that map kit that is left out that I may need? Or do u suggest a different kit? I also have a turbo smart fuel pressure gauge laying around that I could use like u did on the return oem return line
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by The_X_Effect
If I buy maps full surge tank kit by radium (https://www.maperformance.com/collec...tsubishi-evo-x)

And I can also get a good deal on that same fuel pump controller with a built in map sensor.

Will rickerman have to readjust my tune after installing these parts?

Is there anything in that map kit that is left out that I may need? Or do u suggest a different kit? I also have a turbo smart fuel pressure gauge laying around that I could use like u did on the return oem return line
Get the radium kit instead, they have PTFE hoses so you won't smell fuel, a better mounting bracket and just cleaner overall.

Evo X fuel surge tank install kit: #20-0113 - $339.95
Fuel Surge tank standard: #20-0059-00 (wired for 450 but no pump since you said you already had one) - $490.00
Total $829.95

If you run it like that and with radium instructions the surge tank pump will be hard wired and run full voltage all the time. This you will need retuning for.

I highly suggest adding the easy performance fuel pump controller FPC10 ($175) and a a Auber P205a 5bar Map sensor ($63.00) so the system can run low voltage and idle and cruise and ramp up in voltage with throttle input.

That would make the total $1,067.95 and you would have a complete progressively controlled surge tank system.

Since Chet is your tuner, I would also consult with him.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Get the radium kit instead, they have PTFE hoses so you won't smell fuel, a better mounting bracket and just cleaner overall.

Evo X fuel surge tank install kit: #20-0113 - $339.95
Fuel Surge tank standard: #20-0059-00 (wired for 450 but no pump since you said you already had one) - $490.00
Total $829.95

If you run it like that and with radium instructions the surge tank pump will be hard wired and run full voltage all the time. This you will need retuning for.

I highly suggest adding the easy performance fuel pump controller FPC10 ($175) and a a Auber P205a 5bar Map sensor ($63.00) so the system can run low voltage and idle and cruise and ramp up in voltage with throttle input.

That would make the total $1,067.95 and you would have a complete progressively controlled surge tank system.

Since Chet is your tuner, I would also consult with him.
Yes I will talk with Chet. The fuel pump controller is the same one u have. I would buying used from a local guy who sold me his turbo kit so I have since it in person hooked up with his boosta-pump but he also said that there is a map sensor built into his controller.

Last edited by The_X_Effect; Nov 25, 2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Whatever you get, make sure they are PTFE hoses or you are going to smell fuel.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Whatever you get, make sure they are PTFE hoses or you are going to smell fuel.

I'll look into radiums kit then. But don't i need another fuel pump for the surge tank itself or can I just throw in my oem one?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 01:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by The_X_Effect
I'll look into radiums kit then. But don't i need another fuel pump for the surge tank itself or can I just throw in my oem one?
450 in the radium and 255 in the oem tank.

The pump in the surge tank will become your primary high pressure pump and the pump in the OEM tank/basket becomes your low pressure lifter pump feeding the surge tank.
The following users liked this post:
The_X_Effect (Nov 25, 2016)
Old Nov 25, 2016, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

450 in the radium and 255 in the oem tank.

The pump in the surge tank will become your primary high pressure pump and the pump in the OEM tank/basket becomes your low pressure lifter pump feeding the surge tank.
Gotcha thanks razor! Really appreciate ur advice/help
Old Nov 25, 2016, 04:44 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Edit:
crap wrong thread lol
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How are those track sessions going? I'm in the same dilema as you, upgrading sh to be track ready.

Are you finding the ohlins good? I think a 2-way suspension would be better for a track like road america

Old Dec 16, 2016, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Franco Saval
How are those track sessions going? I'm in the same dilema as you, upgrading sh to be track ready.

Are you finding the ohlins good? I think a 2-way suspension would be better for a track like road america

I have tracked my Evo X in stock form about 8-10 times since getting the car last year. I installed Ohlins a couple weeks ago and had them dialed up by Gilbert over at Evolved Auto Garage. I will be going to the track on January 28. I will let you know how the car performs. Right now I can't say much, though since I haven't pushed the car on the streets, but it does handle soooo much better. It's crazy
Old Dec 16, 2016, 03:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jaycee842
I have tracked my Evo X in stock form about 8-10 times since getting the car last year. I installed Ohlins a couple weeks ago and had them dialed up by Gilbert over at Evolved Auto Garage. I will be going to the track on January 28. I will let you know how the car performs. Right now I can't say much, though since I haven't pushed the car on the streets, but it does handle soooo much better. It's crazy
Nice to hear. I'm almost set on a 3-way suspension from fortune auto. Looking forward to hear your experience with the Ohlins. I actually have a slew choices if I wanted to try different suspensions (I'm in a rally team, can borrow AST Reiger and Ohlins). MY next time attack is on Jan 21st, hopefully I will have a different suspension to test.

Old Dec 16, 2016, 04:28 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
FWIW: I have single-adjustable ASTs on my car and really like them. I used to have two-way, but I'm not familiar with how to set them up properly. I have no problems setting rebound... but anything more than that is far above my pay grade LOL. I don't feel they are as street friendly as Ohlins, though.
The following users liked this post:
Franco Saval (Dec 20, 2016)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
helped me as well thanks