Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Request Break / Gas pedal removal

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Request Break / Gas pedal removal

i got an 05 ES automatic.. and i wear dress boots to work.. (i work in a doctors office) and the break pedal is too wide.. i keep hitting both when i go to gas up.. gotta crank my leg wicked bad to hit the right pedals...

So, is there anyway to take off the stock break and gas pedals on the auto and replace them with the pedals from a Standard.. i can go out and buy pedals.. but i dont wanna do the ones that just freikin stick on.. that defeats the whole point...

thanks guys
Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

How about wear different shoes while driving???
Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Or get a stick shift!!! Just kidding, poking fun at the people that always say "get an Evo". Uh, not sure about 05 ES thats automatic, but I have a 03 OZ thats stick, and my pedals just came off with a little pulling. Or my pedal pads anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

yeah its just the pads im trying to get off.. worst comes to worst i can just bust out my plasma cutter remove the stocks and then weld on the other ones on a tilt plate.. i was just hoping there was an easy way.. you said they just pulled right off? dosnt sound too safe..
Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

as for wearing diffrent shoes while driving.. at 6 in the morning im a little too tired / lazy to bust out a second set of shoes just to drive then change em again when i get to work.. granted i have thought about it but never the less... the pedals seemed to have been designed for extremely sexy japanese race queens... and shiat... ide love to see one of those in my car.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Uh, since you don't want to wear different shoes just take them off and drive with your socks on.

Oh and to take them off, you'd have to pry a little on one corner. You'll feel a little ridge where the pad "hooks" to the pedal, just roll it and pull it towards you. Once you get one corner off the bit the whole thing should let go. That's what I meant when I said they just pulled off.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Driving in your socks; now there's an idea. But isn't that illegal ?
Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Uh, not that I know of. I do it all the time because I hate scuffing white shoes against the pedals. Only thing about that is that my foot sometimes slides off the pedals. Alot of people I know drive barefoot. Like if you are wear tsinelas (flip-flops), just kick 'em off and drive away.

I'm going to be cautious now though, since you brought up the fact that it may be illegal. I'll keep my shoes next to me and if I get pulled over, I'll slide them on really quick.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

back when i was like 4 my dad got pulled over.. 100 bucks for not wearing shoes.. he was barefoot... so yeah... woot woot.. and i dont mean just the pad i mean the whole damn pedal.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

^that is soo weird.. getting a ticket for driving barefoot?? Did they make your dad get out of the car for something and then saw he had no shoes on?

And about your question... Maybe you could get a gas and brake pedal out of a manual lancer and then switch them somehow... I am not sure if that would work or not, but someone here would probably know.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Nah.. the cop just looked right in.. saw it... and gave the additional ticket... he was doin 43 in a 35... not too bad.. but it was summer.. so hey.. i do like... 500 in a 20