Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Help! Installing oem 2008 evo xenon headlamps!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Installing oem 2008 evo xenon headlamps!

I OWN A 08 LANCER. I CURRENTLY HAVE HALOGEN HEADLAMPS ON MY CAR BUT IVE ALWAYS WANTED THE OEM 08 EVO XENON/PROJECTOR HEADLAMPS.

WELL NOW I OWN THEM, TOOK ME A WHILE TO GET BOTH INDIVIDUALLY, WELL ANYWAY I TRIED INSTALLING ONE THE OTHER DAY AND NOTICED THE PROJECTORS REQUIRE TWO INPUTS, RATHER THAN ONE LIKE ON THE HALOGEN HEADLAMPS.

ONCE I PLUGGED IN THE ONLY CABLE THAT WAS CONNECTED TO MY HALOGENS INTO THE PROJECTORS, THEY DIDNT SEEM TO TURN ON NEITHER THE LOW/OR HIGH BEAMS.

ARE THEY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY LANCER? DO I NEED A DIFFERENT HARNESS? PLEASE HELP. THANKS!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think the 08 models do not have that small wire harness. i remember posting on a thread about this. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...s-oem-hid.html

Last edited by SYSTEMA; Apr 29, 2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old May 12, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

its easy, just move the pins around ill get some pics what needs to be done.

take your oem headlamp and trace where all the wires from the harness go to. you should be able to figure out which signal from your cars harness is going to your parking light, to your high beam, to your low beam and to your blinker. take the evo x headlamp and do the same thing...

theres also like 2-3 extra wires that their purpose will become known after you install the evo x headlamps. (they are the leveling switch wires) .

I have included some photos of what the harness on the headlamp harness should look like after you move wires around. to move the wires around pull out that brown tab and then they can easily be swapped around. This will allow EVERYTHING to work except the low beam, the low beam must be connected to the battery or to the empty fuse slot for "diesel" through a switch. (more explanation below)

key things to know when doing this

-the oem evo x headlamp is bixeon, to turn the low beam on connect the ballast directly to the diesel fuse slot or any 12V power source through a switch...this completes your low beam

-your high beam wire is the wire that looks like the projector beam wire...this is actually the signal that goes to the solenoid to enable the high beam cut off this will allow you to have high beams.

-the halogen bulb in the oem evox headlamp is not used you can connect your ORIGINAL headlamp wire to it if you want DRL but i didnt...

if you take your time this can be done rather easily, i encountered the same problem of having only one harness when i went to install mine, it took me about 30 minutes to figure out all of this...the only thing you have to ADD is the switch and directly powering the ballasts...other than that all that you need is in that one harness you have in your car.

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/CIMG0052.jpg
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/CIMG0053.jpg
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/CIMG0054.jpg
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/CIMG0055.jpg
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/CIMG0056.jpg

Last edited by lancer0220; May 12, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:41 PM

I heard that the EVO projector headlight are plug and play for 2009 and 2010 car and some 2008 lancer if you got the two wire harness (the big one and the small green circuit board type one).

I've heard that it's just plug and play and that you only need the levelling switch and that you don't need to cut any wire? Is this true? Cause if it's true I'm going to get some projector as soon as I find them for a decent price.

Could someone confirm what I just said?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mc-Roux
I heard that the EVO projector headlight are plug and play for 2009 and 2010 car and some 2008 lancer if you got the two wire harness (the big one and the small green circuit board type one).

I've heard that it's just plug and play and that you only need the levelling switch and that you don't need to cut any wire? Is this true? Cause if it's true I'm going to get some projector as soon as I find them for a decent price.

Could someone confirm what I just said?

if u have 2 harnesses its plug and play, some 2009 lancers like mine still have 1 harness.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

yeah my 09 ralliart has 2 harnesses, so its plug and play for me then
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:40 PM

Hi. I have a 2009 ES and I only have 1 headlamp harnees in the engine bay, does anyone knows the part number for the small harness and/or know where is the other end of the harnes??

I already have installed the headlamp leveling and ASC switches (I found I have connectors behind the 3 blank buttons)

Thanks!!!!